Author Topic: We have another supernatural NFL type sprinter on Getbig :)))  (Read 27216 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

Only four people ran under 4.4 at the 2010 combine and only a handful ran in the 4.4s. Getbig has some of the greatest athletes on the planet!  ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Oh brother, some Epic Bullshit from Tre and Wiggs, 4.2 and 4.3 is the super Elite at an NFL Combine yet these two tools ran them but decided to worship she beasts and smoke weed instead  ::)

lol

Not everyone is cut out for the NFL, and it wasn't even a thought of mine until I'd been out of football for about 4 years and was like, "Damn, sure would be nice to be playing now."

At 5-10, I'm short, though, and could only bench 225 3 times.  The path from high school to college to the NFL is a lot more complicated than most people realize and there are a whole lot of guys sitting on street corners throwing dice who had more natural talent than many of the guys you see playing in the NFL (or NBA). 

Fury

• Getbig V
lol

Not everyone is cut out for the NFL, and it wasn't even a thought of mine until I'd been out of football for about 4 years and was like, "Damn, sure would be nice to be playing now."

At 5-10, I'm short, though, and could only bench 225 3 times.  The path from high school to college to the NFL is a lot more complicated than most people realize and there are a whole lot of guys sitting on street corners throwing dice who had more natural talent than many of the guys you see playing in the NFL (or NBA).  

Most cornerbacks are around 5'10-6', weigh 185-200 and not a single one ran under 4.4 at this year's combine. Darrelle Revis, pretty much the best CB in the NFL right now, is 5'11. The NFL would have loved someone with your "stats".

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
My brother was considered one of the fastest lineman in college ball and biggest back in the mid 70's.  He had a great photo in Sports Illustrated standing next to the shortest guy in college ball.  He ran a 5.1 40 in full pads at 6'6" and 330 pounds.  I always thought that was fast for a big guy. 
No Worries 4 me

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Only four people ran under 4.4 at the 2010 combine and only a handful ran in the 4.4s. Getbig has some of the greatest athletes on the planet!  ::)

How many of those guys were sprinters?   ::)

I wasn't even the fastest guy in my region coming out of high school.  I've witnessed a 4.2 and that's FAST.  

Your condescension only demonstrates a lack of understanding about speed.  Ever seen a 140-lb wisp take down a much larger guy in armwrestling?  High-level sprinting, like armwrestling, is a specialized skill.  The majority of guys who go through the Combine simply go out and 'run as fast as they can', which is different from what a sprinter does, despite what seems intuitive to you.  

Fury

• Getbig V
How many of those guys were sprinters?   ::)

I wasn't even the fastest guy in my region coming out of high school.  I've witnessed a 4.2 and that's FAST.  

Your condescension only demonstrates a lack of understanding about speed.  Ever seen a 140-lb wisp take down a much larger guy in armwrestling?  High-level sprinting, like armwrestling, is a specialized skill.  The majority of guys who go through the Combine simply go out and 'run as fast as they can', which is different from what a sprinter does, despite what seems intuitive to you.  

You said you were a 5'10, 185 pound CORNERBACK, not a sprinter. Now you're a sprinter?

Regardless, you're claiming better stats than 99% of the people who participated in the 2010 NFL combine. And for what it's worth, a lot of skill position players did run track in high school. And there are some who even run in college. Trindon Holiday comes to mind. Florida and Texas also had guys who did both.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Oh brother, some Epic Bullshit from Tre and Wiggs, 4.2 and 4.3 is the super Elite at an NFL Combine yet these two tools ran them but decided to worship she beasts and smoke weed instead  ::)
In the mid 90s, I went to school with and was friends with a dude who ran low, low 10s in the 100. Don't know what his 40 was, but he was one of the top 20 WR in the nation at the time. Skinny 6 footer, played basketball, football, track, and baseball. FSU and Nebraska recruited him, he went with Ruckers, said he wouldn't get playing time down at FSU, but at Ruckers he would. He uh, "dropped out"

Another dude I was friends with in HS and to college with was heavily recruited by Stanford and Nebraska, ended up going to Morgan State University, got a degree in engineering and is doing well for himself

When AI came to MSU, which is not known for it's basketball program, he was surprised at the talent during intramural games, because most of the guys who played that at Morgan were NYC and DC street ballers

I relate this to say, that just because people may have the talent, low 40 times, sometimes things happen. Sometimes Scouts/recruiters don't pay attention to the skinny kid with a great time, or for whatever reason. Then in time, it becomes a shoulda, coulda, woulda

Do you think Duke has the best basketball athletes? Hell No! But, they are good ball players that play even better as team, one of the reasons why they don't do well outstandingly well as individuals, once they go pro.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
You said you were a 5'10, 185 pound CORNERBACK, not a sprinter. Now you're a sprinter?

Regardless, you're claiming better stats than 99% of the people who participated in the 2010 NFL combine. And for what it's worth, a lot of skill position players did run track in high school. And there are some who even run in college. Trindon Holiday comes to mind. Florida and Texas also had guys who did both.

I was a cornerback in football.  I was a sprinter in track.

The fact that this seems logically inconsistent to you speaks only to your lack of understanding about the 'jobs' being discussed. 

Take a look at a couple of those drafts from 1993-95 and try to recall how many of those guys had any sort of lasting impact in the NFL.  For many guys, merely getting an invite to the Combine is a big deal, but even if the opportunity had been presented to me, it's unlikely I would've followed through. 

Your "Oh my god, if you were that fast, I can't believe you didn't even try to go to the NFL!" way of thinking is for the guys left behind in my old neighborhood.  I was committed to other goals at the time, and never envisioned myself having a 'career' in football when I was playing. 

Army of One

• Getbig V
I was a cornerback in football.  I was a sprinter in track.

The fact that this seems logically inconsistent to you speaks only to your lack of understanding about the 'jobs' being discussed.  

Take a look at a couple of those drafts from 1993-95 and try to recall how many of those guys had any sort of lasting impact in the NFL.  For many guys, merely getting an invite to the Combine is a big deal, but even if the opportunity had been presented to me, it's unlikely I would've followed through.  

Your "Oh my god, if you were that fast, I can't believe you didn't even try to go to the NFL!" way of thinking is for the guys left behind in my old neighborhood.  I was committed to other goals at the time, and never envisioned myself having a 'career' in football when I was playing.  

HAHAHAHAHA, I can just envisage this little Bullshitter in College, "yeah Bro I ran a 4.3 and could go to the NFL Combine and have a chance to make Millions of Dollars a year and bang any woman I want but, Bro, Ive got my goals set on running a shitty website with pictures and videos of Women who ruined their looks by taking Male Hormones, Im going to live the dream!!!"

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
In the mid 90s, I went to school with and was friends with a dude who ran low, low 10s in the 100. Don't know what his 40 was, but he was one of the top 20 WR in the nation at the time. Skinny 6 footer, played basketball, football, track, and baseball. FSU and Nebraska recruited him, he went with Ruckers, said he wouldn't get playing time down at FSU, but at Ruckers he would. He uh, "dropped out"

Another dude I was friends with in HS and to college with was heavily recruited by Stanford and Nebraska, ended up going to Morgan State University, got a degree in engineering and is doing well for himself

When AI came to MSU, which is not known for it's basketball program, he was surprised at the talent during intramural games, because most of the guys who played that at Morgan were NYC and DC street ballers

I relate this to say, that just because people may have the talent, low 40 times, sometimes things happen. Sometimes Scouts/recruiters don't pay attention to the skinny kid with a great time, or for whatever reason. Then in time, it becomes a shoulda, coulda, woulda

Do you think Duke has the best basketball athletes? Hell No! But, they are good ball players that play even better as team, one of the reasons why they don't do well outstandingly well as individuals, once they go pro.

QFT

Several of my buddies did play in the NFL, and one of my really good friends (won't throw him completely under the bus by naming him here) was actually a 3rd-round pick with a lot of promise.  He blew his entire signing bonus of about $300,000 within a few months, bounced around the league for about 5-6 years and has yet to find firm footing since retiring more than a decade ago.  He did finish his degree, and he was a good guy who didn't drink much or smoke at all, but his big problem was letting women take his mind off football and that played a large part in preventing him from being successful in the NFL.

Look around, people - the majority of guys you see playing on Saturday do NOT have significant pro football careers and that's been the reality for a very long time. 

I was more than content letting that be someone else's dream.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
QFT

Several of my buddies did play in the NFL, and one of my really good friends (won't throw him completely under the bus by naming him here) was actually a 3rd-round pick with a lot of promise.  He blew his entire signing bonus of about $300,000 within a few months, bounced around the league for about 5-6 years and has yet to find firm footing since retiring more than a decade ago.  He did finish his degree, and he was a good guy who didn't drink much or smoke at all, but his big problem was letting women take his mind off football and that played a large part in preventing him from being successful in the NFL.

Look around, people - the majority of guys you see playing on Saturday do NOT have significant pro football careers and that's been the reality for a very long time.

I was more than content letting that be someone else's dream.

What you said about the "women", is what I "heard" happened to the top dude...a mediocre blonde chick had this man's mind so twisted, he apparently blew a full scholarship. So, I was told. I knew the girl too, and..I just gotta say, had he continued on the right path he would have been a beast...women man...
A dude I went to Morgan with was a excellent street baller but he was so much into fuking women that he only lasted one semester...his whole college career was Fucking 101...I tell you, I never knew a chair could be used for so many positions...dude could write a book on Chair Karma Sutra...if he could write

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
I am sure most of you know who Henry THomas and Michael Marsh are.  There is one other I can't remember his name.  But they all went to my high school at the same time in the mid 80's.  At that time our high school had one of the top track teams in the nation and to this day we still hold a couple records.  Henry Thomas was our quarterback who led the nation in rushing yards.  He ended up playing with Chicago I think as a wide reciever.  Well at the Sunkist meet in LA he went up against (fuck I forgot his name, the black guy who is a famous track guy and gay)  Anyway, Henry tripped at the start and still barely lost to this guy by less than a step in the 100.  We had some seriously fast guys at our school.  I think they also went to the Olympics and won a Gold Medal.  I can't really remember that much since track was far from what I knew
No Worries 4 me

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
I played against Petros Papadakis the dude in the green sweater, i remember everyone on our team (Which was 98% black) all ran 4.2 - 4.3  ::)

And when watching game film before the game all the coaches were saying WE CANT LET THIS SLOW WHITE BOY RUN ON US.. all my team mates were like UGGHH He is slow im stop him coach im stop him..... Friday night came, Not one of the 4.2 - 4.3 defenders on our team could catch up to this greek, he ran for over 300 yards that game....

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
here's what i had to contend with at state track meets

The Fearsome Foursome
The Morris brothers of Ayer, Mass. are perhaps the most spectacular quartet of siblings who ever laced up football cleats and track spikes
Douglas S. Looney 

PRINT  EMAIL  MOST POPULAR  SHARE 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

So, Joe, how does it feel to be in this kind of company?

"Well, that's some company to be in, but, really, I'm not in it."

How do you compare with them?

"I won't compare," Morris says, "because I don't compare."

But, of course, he does. No less an authority than Ben Schwartzwalder, the Syracuse coach for 25 years, who retired after the 1973 season and who coached all the great Orange backs except Morris, says, "He is in their class, yes sir. He's like something out of a cannon."

A Lowell, Mass. newspaper reporter wrote, " Joe Morris is not able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. He does, however, give a speeding bullet a good run for its money." And he gives every other back in the country a good run for his money. In fact, if only Syracuse were a better football team—the Orangemen may have to play above their heads to achieve a .500 mark this year—Morris would be an even-money Heisman pick.

In sum, Joe Morris—so tough, so fast, so strong, so willing, so straight, so modest, so dedicated—ranks among the very best all-round football players in the land. He is, however, perhaps only the fourth best player in his own family. True. If they chose up sides in the Morris family, Joe just might be the last choice. Nobody understands that better than Joe, who, when told once by a reporter, "You're the greatest," responded, "No, sir, I'm just the latest."

These days he's even losing his grip on being the latest, because two of his three brothers are scholarship football players as freshmen at Syracuse. Larry Morris, 19, is a devastating runner who obliterated Joe's rushing records at Ayer High. Larry got 5,758 yards; Joe had a school-record 3,367. Larry scored 72 touchdowns, Joe 49. Mike Morris, 18, is an extraordinarily fast sprinter who runs holes in the wind (he broke all of Joe's track records at Ayer) but loves football best.

Then there's Jamie, 16, a 5'6�", 155-pound 10th-grader this fall, who has everything his brothers have—only more. When Joe was a senior at Ayer High, he ran a creditable 51.2 440; last year, as a freshman, Jamie broke Joe's school record with a 48.9, and he wasn't going all-out.

In fact, every one of Joe's football records and every one of Joe's track records at Ayer have been broken by his brothers. "I ain't got nothing left," sighs Joe from a green and white sofa at home.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1124705/2/index.htm#ixzz14FJBIeRo

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
My brother was considered one of the fastest lineman in college ball and biggest back in the mid 70's.  He had a great photo in Sports Illustrated standing next to the shortest guy in college ball.  He ran a 5.1 40 in full pads at 6'6" and 330 pounds.  I always thought that was fast for a big guy. 

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
with stop watches u can confuse yourself

4.6 is blindingly fast if legit 
jerry rice ran that ona good day and is considered best reciever of all time

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V

Hand timing can take of even 0.3 or 0.4 seconds if the person isn't experienced.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!

yep. and his 4.6 carried onto the field with all the equipment also.

One guy I would love to see run a full 100meters is chris johnson of titans. They broke down this guys speed in full gear on a run he had last year and said was little over 80% of Usain Bolt world record 100M run top speed.....again..in FULL GEAR he was at minimum 80% of Bolt world record run.

That is some serious break neck speed man. think he ran a 4.2 combine or 4.1 prob tying deion sanders....I could be wrong here.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
tre and wiggs : 2 incredibly fast regular joes who never got a chance to shine

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
I'd be inclined to believe them. In highschool I ran consistent 4.8s at a permabulked 225 along side with a couple d-line buddies at 250lbs+ who did the same. 3/4 of our defensive backs, tail backs, receivers, and even QBs ran sub 4.4 40's.We were a small 1-A highschool, so all speedsters with good hands were our ticket to winning seasons and that's how it was and has been for the las 30 years there. The slower guys either rode the bench until someone was injured, or quit playing ball because of that....and for the record, excluding one Mexican & one white guy the majority was black.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
hahaha...wiggs and o'tre's numbers are probably legit. i did 4.57 in 11th grade, and there were several guys on my team at st aug who were faster than me.   

i have crossed paths with a lot of talented cats in louisiana...who got sidetracked by dope dealing, baby mommas, murder raps (a 5-star CB, McD all-american), a need for after school jobs, bad grades vs practice, and so much more.

anyway...it doesn't matter...nothing on here really matters.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
hahaha...wiggs and o'tre's numbers are probably legit. i did 4.57 in 11th grade, and there were several guys on my team at st aug who were faster than me.   

i have crossed paths with a lot of talented cats in louisiana...who got sidetracked by dope dealing, baby mommas, murder raps (a 5-star CB, McD all-american), a need for after school jobs, bad grades vs practice, and so much more.

anyway...it doesn't matter...nothing on here really matters.

Everybody in da hood knows "some guy" who was better than Jordan, but just got caught up in something..... ::)

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
Everybody in da hood knows "some guy" who was better than Jordan, but just got caught up in something..... ::)
look up connie hawkins....

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
look up connie hawkins....

Uh, Connie Hawkins played in the NBA......I'm talking about the ones who "woulda been all-pro" yet never made it out of hs....