Author Topic: Barry owns up - Stands firm on healthcare  (Read 666 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Barry owns up - Stands firm on healthcare
« on: November 03, 2010, 03:03:46 PM »
WASHINGTON — Emboldened by a commanding House majority and Senate gains, Republican leaders vowed Wednesday to roll back the size of government and, in time, the nation's sweeping health care law. President Barack Obama, reflective after his party's drubbing, accepted blame for failing to deliver the economic security Americans demand while saying of his health overhaul: "This was the right thing to do."

He called the election a Democratic "shellacking" and lamented that "we lost track of the ways we connected with the folks who got us here in the first place."

"Some election nights are more fun than others," he said.

Obama said Tuesday's results confirmed what he's heard from voters across the country: People are frustrated. He said the lesson of election was that he hasn't made enough progress in creating jobs.

After two years with fellow Democrats leading Congress, Obama now must deal for the rest of his term with the jarring reality of Republican control of the House, a diminished Democratic majority in the Senate and a new flock of lawmakers sworn to downsize government at every chance.

"I've got to do a better job," he said, "like everybody else in Washington." And he took responsibility for not doing enough to alter the ways of the capital, whether its hyper-partisanship or back-room dealing. "We were in such a hurry to get things done that we didn't change how things were done."

Republicans sounded less conciliatory in the first blush of their victories from the midterm elections Tuesday.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Barry owns up - Stands firm on healthcare
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 03:11:31 PM »
I heard his presser today.  He is literally clueless. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 03:54:55 PM »
I watched it.  Maybe I'm a cynic, but it looked like contrived humility.  He actually put himself in the same category as Clinton and Reagan. 

We'll see very soon whether he got the message. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 04:11:40 PM »
Guys he's not getting it and it is more obvious than ever. The people, most people, do not want the government creating jobs, it's not the governments job to create jobs. Every day this admin is stripping away more and more personal liberty, that's what people are upset about...and it ties-in directly to the amount of jobs available.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 04:14:24 PM »
WASHINGTON — Emboldened by a commanding House majority and Senate gains, Republican leaders vowed Wednesday to roll back the size of government and, in time, the nation's sweeping health care law. President Barack Obama, reflective after his party's drubbing, accepted blame for failing to deliver the economic security Americans demand while saying of his health overhaul: "This was the right thing to do."

He called the election a Democratic "shellacking" and lamented that "we lost track of the ways we connected with the folks who got us here in the first place."

"Some election nights are more fun than others," he said.

Obama said Tuesday's results confirmed what he's heard from voters across the country: People are frustrated. He said the lesson of election was that he hasn't made enough progress in creating jobs.

After two years with fellow Democrats leading Congress, Obama now must deal for the rest of his term with the jarring reality of Republican control of the House, a diminished Democratic majority in the Senate and a new flock of lawmakers sworn to downsize government at every chance.

"I've got to do a better job," he said, "like everybody else in Washington." And he took responsibility for not doing enough to alter the ways of the capital, whether its hyper-partisanship or back-room dealing. "We were in such a hurry to get things done that we didn't change how things were done."

Republicans sounded less conciliatory in the first blush of their victories from the midterm elections Tuesday.

That=all bullshit. Reagan talked about it too and the government grew under him. Politicians are all the same, lying, scheming sacks of shit.
I hate the State.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 05:24:35 PM »
I heard his presser today.  He is literally clueless. 

If true, 2012 = Republican Victory.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 06:12:55 PM »
Did you here what he said about his leadership style? 

He said :   "They didnt have a problem with my style during the campaign in IOWA" 

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 07:20:25 PM »
Rolling back the size of government ?

so which of them is going to step down first ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 08:23:22 PM »
he says they "Get it" he doesnt get shit...

this guy is hopelessly delusional...

good thing is reps have the votes to block his agenda while still at least attempting to get legislation they feel is doable passed...

my predicition is obama stays left and probably tries to go even further left to paint the reps as the party of no and ends up hanging himself...

you know the old saying "give them just enough leash to hang themselves with it" it applies here and he will hang himself for 2012

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 09:09:27 PM »
he says they "Get it" he doesnt get shit...

this guy is hopelessly delusional...

good thing is reps have the votes to block his agenda while still at least attempting to get legislation they feel is doable passed...

my predicition is obama stays left and probably tries to go even further left to paint the reps as the party of no and ends up hanging himself...

you know the old saying "give them just enough leash to hang themselves with it" it applies here and he will hang himself for 2012

Unless we enter a time of prosperity beyond that of the 1990's Obama is done in 2012 but can you even begin to imagine what the news and claims of racism is going to look like when he loses? The LA Riots of the past are going to look like your grandmothers Tuesday afternoon bible study.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 06:12:25 AM »
For him to say:  "Well the american people did not have a problem with my leadership style when I ran for president", is beyond insane and delusional.