Author Topic: Fed’s QE2.....  (Read 9958 times)

Alex23

Fed’s QE2.....
« on: November 03, 2010, 11:13:39 PM »
.... Watch out.

It won't be pretty.
China will hurt eventually.
It's not protectionism but it will spark US based manufacturing.

Finally Bernie has done something right.

ZOG. All the way ZOG.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Fed’s QE2.....
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 11:22:17 PM »
done something right for who?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 12:21:08 AM »
QE2 is GREAT.

It will help the US. A lower USD is good for manufacterers, and for exporters. And its good for tourism. Basicallu it makes the US cheaper and encourages investment.

QE2 will also encourage spending, which will help create employment.

And QE2 will help reflate housing prices, which is one thing we need to quickly get out of the housing mess.

Its also great for other countries. Look at asset prices in Asia. China, Hong Kong, Singapore will all have strong asset gains (stocks and property) over the next 6 months and QE2 rolls out.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:25:29 AM »
QE2 is GREAT.

It will help the US. A lower USD is good for manufacterers, and for exporters. And its good for tourism. Basicallu it makes the US cheaper and encourages investment.

And QE2 will help reflate housing prices, which is one thing we need to quickly get out of the housing mess.

Its also great for other countries. Look at asset prices in Asia. China, Hong Kong, Singapore will all have strong asset gains (stocks and property) over the next 6 months and QE2 rolls out.
thats the billing of it anyway, its very doubtful that it will have the impact that the FED wants to.

Some ppls concern with it is that it may cause severe inflation instead of the 1.5-2% the fed wants and do you know what bernakes response to those concerns were?

THAT QE1 didnt do that as evidenced by the lack of movement in the money supply and amount of bank deposits...

so the first one didnt cause a noticeable increase in money supply or bank deposits? THATS WHAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO DO!!!!!!!

so where did the money go?

well if they werent spending it on consumer goods and they werent putting it in the bank...they were probably paying down debt...which is what my guess will likely happen here.

we will probably see the stock indicies continue to rise but its likely that will have another couple years of recovery and thats IF the QE doesnt create another bubble...

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Brown paper bags + Bathroom stall + Tom Prince.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 02:46:48 PM »
Yea fuck em. I'll make it without help from theses pricks.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 05:37:38 AM »
QE2 - - FAIL FOR THE AVERAGE SCHMUCK

________________________ __________________

Companies Raise Prices as Commodity Costs Jump
The New York Times ^ | February 14, 2011 | STEPHANIE CLIFFORD, MOTOKO RICH and WILLIAM NEUMAN

A package of Oscar Mayer cold cuts. A pair of Nine West boots. A Whirlpool washing machine.

By the fall, people will most likely be paying more for each of them, as rising prices hit most consumer goods, say retailers, food companies and manufacturers of consumer products.

Cotton prices are near their highest level in more than a decade, after adjusting for inflation, and leather and polyester costs are jumping as well. Copper recently hit its highest level in about 40 years, and iron ore, used for steel, is fetching extremely high prices. Prices for corn, sugar, wheat, beef, pork and coffee are soaring. Labor overseas is becoming more expensive, meanwhile, and so are the utility bills to keep a factory running.

“There are cost pressures from virtually everywhere,” said Wesley R. Card, the chief executive of the Jones Group, whose brands include Nine West and Anne Klein. After trying to keep retail prices flat or even lower during the recession, Jones says prices for its brands will climb 15 to 20 percent by autumn.

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 05:38:31 AM »
check your PM  8)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 05:38:45 AM »
QE2 is GREAT.

Did not work out so well now did it?  

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 07:57:17 AM »
QE2 - - FAIL FOR THE AVERAGE SCHMUCK

Companies Raise Prices as Commodity Costs Jump
The New York Times ^ | February 14, 2011 | STEPHANIE CLIFFORD, MOTOKO RICH and WILLIAM NEUMAN

A package of Oscar Mayer cold cuts. A pair of Nine West boots. A Whirlpool washing machine.

By the fall, people will most likely be paying more for each of them, as rising prices hit most consumer goods, say retailers, food companies and manufacturers of consumer products.

Cotton prices are near their highest level in more than a decade, after adjusting for inflation, and leather and polyester costs are jumping as well. Copper recently hit its highest level in about 40 years, and iron ore, used for steel, is fetching extremely high prices. Prices for corn, sugar, wheat, beef, pork and coffee are soaring. Labor overseas is becoming more expensive, meanwhile, and so are the utility bills to keep a factory running.

“There are cost pressures from virtually everywhere,” said Wesley R. Card, the chief executive of the Jones Group, whose brands include Nine West and Anne Klein. After trying to keep retail prices flat or even lower during the recession, Jones says prices for its brands will climb 15 to 20 percent by autumn.

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...

Yes, but my numerological friend, Bernanke has clearly stated that the goal of QE2 is to raise stock prices.  so from the day it started until June (i think that's when qe2 officially expires) the stock market is doing nothing but going up because the fed's printing money and buying up debt.  Yes, it'll crash one day, but as long as the other countries in the world crash worse, we're still number 1.
In the interview (it was done by the Washington Post i believe) he says indirectly,  "buy stocks, they're doing nothing but going up because we're pumping them".

Then check stock charts from the day it started until today.

Deep Tissue Massage

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 08:02:29 AM »
thats the billing of it anyway, its very doubtful that it will have the impact that the FED wants to.

Some ppls concern with it is that it may cause severe inflation instead of the 1.5-2% the fed wants and do you know what bernakes response to those concerns were?

THAT QE1 didnt do that as evidenced by the lack of movement in the money supply and amount of bank deposits...

so the first one didnt cause a noticeable increase in money supply or bank deposits? THATS WHAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO DO!!!!!!!

so where did the money go?

well if they werent spending it on consumer goods and they werent putting it in the bank...they were probably paying down debt...which is what my guess will likely happen here.

we will probably see the stock indicies continue to rise but its likely that will have another couple years of recovery and thats IF the QE doesnt create another bubble...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 08:05:47 AM »
Yes, but my numerological friend, Bernanke has clearly stated that the goal of QE2 is to raise stock prices.  so from the day it started until June (i think that's when qe2 officially expires) the stock market is doing nothing but going up because the fed's printing money and buying up debt.  Yes, it'll crash one day, but as long as the other countries in the world crash worse, we're still number 1.
In the interview (it was done by the Washington Post i believe) he says indirectly,  "buy stocks, they're doing nothing but going up because we're pumping them".

Then check stock charts from the day it started until today.
the FED has probably only done about 100 billion in buying bonds right now...not sure though...

the market always rallies in the 4th quarter for the most part and especially so in years with mid term elections.

youre giving to much credit to QE2 than it deserves...you see the interest rate increases? that is also b/c of QE2 and ppls expected inflation as a result so another adverse effect, depending on where you stand I guess.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 08:08:55 AM »
the FED has probably only done about 100 billion in buying bonds right now...not sure though...

the market always rallies in the 4th quarter for the most part and especially so in years with mid term elections.

youre giving to much credit to QE2 than it deserves...you see the interest rate increases? that is also b/c of QE2 and ppls expected inflation as a result so another adverse effect, depending on where you stand I guess.

always rallies for the most part?  sorry, not convincing enough of an argument for me to invest into.

ben bernanke saying "buy stocks because I, the guy who prints money will prop them up" is a much sounder investment base for me.

I still don't see any interest increases.  I think Benny's too afraid of turning into Japan, so he errs on the side of caution, probably a little too much.

I'm guessing by the time he does raise them, it'll be a huge clusterfuck.  I just don't know the history of the moves he's copying enough to predict the future, but it should be fairly easily predictable, it's just math.
Deep Tissue Massage

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 08:11:10 AM »
i filled out my w2 as well

good luck to you sir :o

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 08:19:48 AM »
always rallies for the most part?  sorry, not convincing enough of an argument for me to invest into.

ben bernanke saying "buy stocks because I, the guy who prints money will prop them up" is a much sounder investment base for me.

I still don't see any interest increases.  I think Benny's too afraid of turning into Japan, so he errs on the side of caution, probably a little too much.

I'm guessing by the time he does raise them, it'll be a huge clusterfuck.  I just don't know the history of the moves he's copying enough to predict the future, but it should be fairly easily predictable, it's just math.
LOL its not my argument its the facts and the markets have rallied every year during a mid term election in the 4th quarter for like 30 years now... ;)

intrest rates went up a week after qe2 was announced and im not talking about at the FED window so I have no idea why you think ben has complete control over them

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 08:27:13 AM »
Bernake is literally robbing the lower and middle class to pay for his pump and dump scheme. 

Its nothing more than theft and stealing and Bernake should be jailed for it.     

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 12:59:57 PM »
Bernake is literally robbing the lower and middle class to pay for his pump and dump scheme. 

They decided that the survival of the institutions are more important than personal wealth. It's fucking nasty, but maybe its kind of grimly logical, if you think about it.

Oh, and get ready for QE 3 and 4  ;)

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 01:17:57 PM »
Thought this thread was going to either be about Fedor and/or a huge ocean-going luxury liner.

I am disappointed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 01:23:22 PM »
They decided that the survival of the institutions are more important than personal wealth. It's fucking nasty, but maybe its kind of grimly logical, if you think about it.

Oh, and get ready for QE 3 and 4  ;)

Inflation is theft of purchasing power, and the criinals like bernake, obama, geithner, paulson, and all those who support this spending spree are stealing your money knowing most peole are too unsophisticated to know ow it is occuring. 

Hope & Change bitches! 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 02:24:53 PM »

same old shit  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 02:26:11 PM »
same old shit  ;D

Looking into my crystal ball, I'm seeing a timeout in your future.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »
The inflation tax is the cruelest tax of all.   Its theft of purchasing power of those on the bottom and middle class by the money changers.  

epic_alien

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 02:59:48 PM »
i got my glock cocked and im strapped

you can take that to the bank

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 03:02:47 PM »
i got my glock cocked and im strapped

you can take that to the bank

in before pellus makes a fake cock joke at your expense  ;)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 03:06:26 PM »

:o

epic_alien

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
yeah ill do it for him,

fake plastic cock power yo!!!