Author Topic: The Best Place to Live, According to the UN  (Read 734 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
The Best Place to Live, According to the UN
« on: November 04, 2010, 10:37:21 AM »
Norway -- with its 81.0 years of life expectancy and average annual income of 58,810 dollars -- has now topped the Human Development Index (HDI) for all but two years since 2001.

It does not top any individual category -- average income in Liechtenstein is a wallet-busting 81,011 dollars and Japan's life expectancy is 83.6 years -- but Norway's all-round performance gave it superiority in the UN Development Programme (UNDP) 20th annual rankings.

Australia, New Zealand, the United States and Ireland followed at the top of the standings.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101104/ts_afp/unhealthsocial

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: The Best Place to Live, According to the UN
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 10:39:36 AM »
Norway -- with its 81.0 years of life expectancy and average annual income of 58,810 dollars -- has now topped the Human Development Index (HDI) for all but two years since 2001.

It does not top any individual category -- average income in Liechtenstein is a wallet-busting 81,011 dollars and Japan's life expectancy is 83.6 years -- but Norway's all-round performance gave it superiority in the UN Development Programme (UNDP) 20th annual rankings.

Australia, New Zealand, the United States and Ireland followed at the top of the standings.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101104/ts_afp/unhealthsocial

Too bad Norway is also being destroyed by a certain immigrant demographic.

But the USA at the top? All the Eurotrash and Canadians tell me that it's HORRIBLE to live here! "Europe" as a whole has been piggybacking the success of Norway/Sweden for a while now and Canadian, well, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 10:40:37 AM »
huh but jag is always talking about how canada is so much better than the US...

how can it be that the US is higher?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »

Maybe Canada has legalized pyramid schemes?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 10:43:06 AM »
Beautiful country.  Is it any wonder it's at the top?  Beautiful countries are better places to live, no one wants to live in a sandbox (no offense Africa etc).  Give me mountains, snow, fall, freedom, education and health care.  Then you have the best of the best.
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 10:44:05 AM »

Jag is a terrible representative of Canada.  Her and that dumb gimmick samson.  Why oh why they haven't been banned i'll never know.
Abandon every hope...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 10:46:01 AM »
Would like to visit Norway.  How are the winters and avg temps for different times of year? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 10:46:53 AM »
I want live between the legs of Eva Mendes and the chics on the spanish channel. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 10:49:42 AM »
Would like to visit Norway.  How are the winters and avg temps for different times of year? 

Don't know, probably 20-25 mid summer and -15 to -20 in winter.  That's Celsius BTW.  Pretty good really.  If you haven't seen Alaska though go there first, but make sure you drive up through BC, Canada. 
Abandon every hope...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 10:57:21 AM »
Don't know, probably 20-25 mid summer and -15 to -20 in winter.  That's Celsius BTW.  Pretty good really.  If you haven't seen Alaska though go there first, but make sure you drive up through BC, Canada. 

I actually want to make that trip.....maybe fly into Seattle (my fav west coast city) and then drive up from there...... Norway doesn't have that crazy 24 hr darkness do they?  I dealt with that in Iceland for 1.5 yrs.......actually liked the darkness ok, but trying to get sleep during the 24 hr daylight was tough.