Author Topic: Skyfire 2.0  (Read 4135 times)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
Skyfire 2.0
« on: November 04, 2010, 04:03:08 PM »
 Flash on iOS devices has been a hotly debated topic ever since the iPhone was first introduced three years ago. Apple and Adobe have not been able to resolve their differences during this time and there seems to be no end in sight. There is hope, however, and it lies with a new WebKit app called Skyfire. It’s not a perfect solution to flash on the iPhone, but it does give people access to a large number of Flash videos on the web. Unfortunately, Skyfire removed the app voluntarily soon after it was introduced.

The first five hours of Skyfire’s initial release went quite well. Enthusiasm for the app was so great that it overwhelmed their server’s capacity to deliver video at a reasonable rate. In just five hours, Skyfire became the top grossing app and the third highest paid app overall. This is quite an impressive feat, to say the least.

Skyfire was pulled not for violation of terms, but because it was just too popular. This is an unprecedented event in the history of the App Store. Flash may be on its way out, according to Apple, but if the success of this app is any indication, Flash will be with us a while longer. Now, if Hulu would just get on board and not lock everyone out of their site that uses an iPhone, I would be very happy indeed.

But still available at the Hackstore.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6bq3h20rui5f1ui
Gracie Rules

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Re: Skyfire 2.0
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 04:07:50 PM »
Skyfire was pulled because the Skyfire servers, the ones that do the actual conversion from Flash video to HTML5, couldn't keep up.  Even if you downloaded Skyfire from some other location, you couldn't use it because the computers they need to talk to were overwhelmed.  

And while Flash video may be the most popular Flash application, got to be able to watch your xtube, the real business Flash apps are not video, and skyfire will not be able to convert them.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 04:11:47 PM »
Kool thanks just down loaded it from
http://apptrackr.org/

ill see how it runs

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 04:15:14 PM »
I been using Skyfire to watch Flash video on android...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 04:16:22 PM »
Apple and Adobe, just need to come to terms, and Apple needs to fix the problem that the iPod only last for about 1 yr, or should I say 2 months after the warranty is up.

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 04:20:52 PM »
Apple and Adobe, just need to come to terms, and Apple needs to fix the problem that the iPod only last for about 1 yr, or should I say 2 months after the warranty is up.

Steve Jobs is a basketcase..Look at what people were doing to get flash enabled browser on there iPhone.

So there's a demand for flash. The messiah Jobs won't admit he's wrong

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 04:26:08 PM »
fucking A 2.99 for an App...

Skyfire is free on an Android device. The apple tax sucks..

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 04:47:39 PM »
Steve Jobs is a basketcase..Look at what people were doing to get flash enabled browser on there iPhone.

So there's a demand for flash. The messiah Jobs won't admit he's wrong

Ask him about Blu-Ray, USB 3.0 and the correct way to hold a cell phone and you'll wonder how he made so much money :-)