Author Topic: This is why wrestling was so good back in the 80's  (Read 1550 times)

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
This is why wrestling was so good back in the 80's
« on: November 06, 2010, 03:45:41 AM »
This is some great stuff that many of you probably haven't seen.

&feature=related

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: This is why wrestling was so good back in the 80's
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 05:19:42 AM »
One of my favorite storylines of the eights was the then crooked ref, Danny Davis.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 12:50:28 AM »
Wrestling back in the early 1980's...Channel 17, The best of Wrestling from Georgia.  1980-1983 were outstanding in Georgia, always a fight during an interview. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:54:02 AM »
-
Wrestling back in the early 1980's...Channel 17, The best of Wrestling from Georgia.  1980-1983 were outstanding in Georgia, always a fight during an interview. 
I enjoyed the time frame between 1985-1989. Bigger crowds, huge roster, no disappointments.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 09:11:56 PM »
In those three years you had some major cards in Georgia at the Omni.  Flair vs. Backlund was an amazing night of great matches and of course you have the starting of Rich vs. Sawyer feuds.  I can't recall what year the "Last Battle Of Atlanta" was in.  To bad there is no footage of that great night.  I believe the Road Warriors showed up on the scene in 1983 and the forming of the LOD-Jake Roberts, Bundy, Spoiler and the Road Warriors. You had a variety of wrestlers coming through Georgia in those years.  GCW made the mistake of going further up north instead of just concentrating in there area.  Maybe they tried too soon?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 05:03:53 AM »
In those three years you had some major cards in Georgia at the Omni.  Flair vs. Backlund was an amazing night of great matches and of course you have the starting of Rich vs. Sawyer feuds.  I can't recall what year the "Last Battle Of Atlanta" was in.  To bad there is no footage of that great night.  I believe the Road Warriors showed up on the scene in 1983 and the forming of the LOD-Jake Roberts, Bundy, Spoiler and the Road Warriors. You had a variety of wrestlers coming through Georgia in those years.  GCW made the mistake of going further up north instead of just concentrating in there area.  Maybe they tried too soon?
This is the same thing that ruined NWA and why Crockett sold it to Ted Turner. He tried to hard to compete with Vince & the WWE that he took his product into unchartered waters.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 05:07:38 PM »
Yeah, GCW started doing more and more shows in Ohio,Penn, and I couldn't believe it Michagan.  I remember watching GCW then watching WWF and just turning it off because it couldn't compete with GCW at 6:05pm, lol