Author Topic: Austin discusses WWE return:  (Read 1880 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Austin discusses WWE return:
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:28:35 AM »
WWE too PG for Stone Cold
By TIM BAINES, QMI Agency

Any thoughts of a WWE comeback by Stone Cold Steve Austin will have to be put on hold.
Austin is doing just fine on a movie career, with his latest, Hunt to Kill, out on direct-to-DVD and getting good reviews.
Plus the current WWE environment may not exactly be Austin's cup of tea.

"It's a PG business these days," says Austin, who shot down rumblings he would appear on RAW on Dec. 27. "And the Stone Cold character is close to being an R-rated act. I was edgy and I had a lot of fun doing it."

He says injuries played a big role in his early departure from wrestling.
"When I was in WWE, I had my neck fused and I could see the end. When I retired, I didn't do anything for four years. I just stayed in Texas and hunted and fished. One day I woke up and said to myself, 'Dude, it's time to do something.' So I moved to L.A. It wasn't my goal in life to be an actor.
"I had a delayed start. If I hadn't had so many injuries, I'd probably still be in wrestling.

"As for returning (to the ring), I'm not interested. I always say never say never, but the thing is, man, I'm pretty much done."
But now he's an actor and he's committed to getting better, just like he did as a wrestler when he rose up to become an icon. He's done movies like The Longest Yard, Damage and The Expendables. And he's got his sights set on doing plenty more.

"I was a great in-ring performer. I was one of the best ticket sellers in the business. So if I could duplicate that success ...
"I'm a tough critic on myself, but I'll tell you what, I watched (Hunt to Kill) three weeks ago and it's really good. "My skin is thick enough that along with the good things, I can take the bad, too.
"I'm still figuring things out, but I'm a little more relaxed and the experience factor is starting to kick in. I'm a sponge. After working with Sly (Sylvester Stallone) for three months on The Expendables, I learned a lot from him.

"I'd love to try a romantic comedy. Most days, I'm laughing my ass off, so a comedy would be good."
In Hunt to Kill, Austin plays U.S. Border Patrol agent Jim Rhodes, struggling to raise his rebellious daughter in the mountains of Montana. When a crew of trigger-happy fugitives take Rhodes and his daughter hostage, you can bet that Austin lays down a big can of whoopass.
Austin says he grew up loving action movies.

"Back in the day, it was Sly, Arnold (Schwarzenegger), Steve McQueen in Bullit. There was Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I remember watching Rocky and I ran home, got up the next day, drank some eggs and ran down the road."

source: http://www.torontosun.com/sports/othersports/2010/11/05/15992896.html

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Austin discusses WWE return:
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 05:17:42 AM »
Austin belongs in the attitude era. Flipping fingers, drinking beers and swearing. Not on PG television.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 04:50:47 AM »
Austin belongs in the attitude era. Flipping fingers, drinking beers and swearing. Not on PG television.

I suspect if the WWE ever did make the transtion back to "attitude" programming, they would offer Austin very good $$ to come back - at least for a time - to establish the rebirth of the era.
But, even in a guest role, he really doesn't fit in with the current climate and it makes very little sense to use him in any capacity.

This is TNA's prime opportunity to pounce on the Fed while it's down, and it pains me that - despite the conditions - TNA is completely unable to capitalize.
It shows how far they are off the mark.
 :-\

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 05:32:37 AM »

I suspect if the WWE ever did make the transtion back to "attitude" programming, they would offer Austin very good $$ to come back - at least for a time - to establish the rebirth of the era.
But, even in a guest role, he really doesn't fit in with the current climate and it makes very little sense to use him in any capacity.

This is TNA's prime opportunity to pounce on the Fed while it's down, and it pains me that - despite the conditions - TNA is completely unable to capitalize.

Spot on!!

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 01:09:03 PM »

Well put.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 05:21:15 AM »
Problem is he just doesn't fit in with PG.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 02:49:14 PM »
The other thing is, what would he really do? GM? He really wasn't that great when he did it a few years ago. Everything his character did, swear, drink, etc...wasn't for kids. It would be terrible to see him neutered chumming around with that midget. He's certainly talented enough to come back in this era, and his legacy is rock solid, but it would serve him no purpose.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 05:33:09 AM »
The other thing is, what would he really do? GM? He really wasn't that great when he did it a few years ago. Everything his character did, swear, drink, etc...wasn't for kids. It would be terrible to see him neutered chumming around with that midget. He's certainly talented enough to come back in this era, and his legacy is rock solid, but it would serve him no purpose.
I agree, but on very recent interviews he stated that he is completely done with wrestling. The Rock has said the same thing.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 06:43:13 PM »
http://www.wwedvdnews.com/planned-wwe-dvd-2011-schedule-reveal7/7692/
Austin/Rock: The Rivalry The one for 2011 we're most excited about is a DVD Blu-ray release chronicling the rivalry between Stone Cold and The Rock in the WWF/WWE. Unfortunately it's planned for this time next year so there remains a chance it's removed before then, but we can exclusively reveal it's on WWE's schedule as of right now. There's a multitude of moments they could include on a set like this and no doubt it would be well received.