Author Topic: vicious nfl hit,,,  (Read 2689 times)

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
vicious nfl hit,,,
« on: November 08, 2010, 07:56:12 AM »
anybody see the indy philly game with that hit on  collie yesterday week 9,,,
head snapped like a rubberband whn he hit the ground...
anyword on the guy???

Power

• Getbig III
  • Move along
Re: vicious nfl hit,,,
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 08:11:29 AM »
anyword on the guy???

Concussion was the only thing being reported as of this morning.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:24:21 AM »
did u see it??
brutal,, him landing was worse than the hit, as is most cases but still...
strange that 3-4 wks ago all this talk about less vile hits etc.. what ever and following week romo gets broken collarbone etc and all the other stuff now this...
think they flagd penalty on that play too,, helmet 2hlmt,, 2nd guy that hit'em... wonder what the fine is gona be??
tuff to protect a recvr when he catches the ball bc as defndr u want to make hime lose the ball not wait till or let him catch it...
im all for safety but thats the proce of doing that business,,, theyre not baking cakes so...
besides theres a lot of ppl that would prob eat ppl for a fraction of what most or even league minimum is...  no on has to play.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 08:26:10 AM »
There was nothing wrong with that hit......the WR got hit by the first guy and then kinda ducked his head as the 2nd guy hit him....2nd guy looked like he was trying to lead with his shoulder......that is the problem with these rules, they are expecting defensive players to react and then "not hit" which is garbage.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 08:30:31 AM »
There was nothing wrong with that hit......the WR got hit by the first guy and then kinda ducked his head as the 2nd guy hit him....2nd guy looked like he was trying to lead with his shoulder......that is the problem with these rules, they are expecting defensive players to react and then "not hit" which is garbage.
this is correct and there will be no reason to fine the guy either.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 08:33:38 AM »
this is correct and there will be no reason to fine the guy either.

Honestly, as big as the penalty is, 15 yds and auto 1st down, i think these calls should be automatically reviewed.....there are only 1 or 2 per game, so it's not like it would slow things down.....at least then it could be corrected, as it is just being called because the hits "look vicious..."  :-\

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 08:39:01 AM »
yeah i didnt see anything like that either, on reply u see aftr 2nd guy hit his helmet and rcvr did touch but it was almost like the wr was hit into the dfndr,,, worst part was hitting ground and that just made it look worse...
this guy is lucky if all he got was concussion....

anybody have any word on lions qb stafford???
sux that he was one of if not highest scoring player on the nfl ap test and here he is 1st game bak aftr shldr injury and play a gr8 game against a good team and just at end of game he gets his shldr hurt again...
did he break it???
all talent and possibilities but hurt too much/easy = no future in football..
he has that chad pennington syndrome,,, had potential just got broken too much... sjldr injury to qb is worst,, 1 is bad,, twice is devistating whic will leave u vulnerable for a 3rd and final close out...
lions prob good time to start eyeballing for another qb... shame,, this guy had the stuff too...

Honestly, as big as the penalty is, 15 yds and auto 1st down, i think these calls should be automatically reviewed.....there are only 1 or 2 per game, so it's not like it would slow things down.....at least then it could be corrected, as it is just being called because the hits "look vicious..."  :-\

yeah,,, they are game changers

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 08:45:02 AM »
anyword on the guy???

He got blasted but it was a bullshit penaltly.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 08:45:59 AM »
thats was a vicious hit.. but the shit that got me in that game was when Manning was lookin at a 4th and 18 and I think it was trent cole that whooped that tackles ass and went for the strip of Manning, grazed his helmet and got a Roughing the passer 15 yards and a first down..that was hella gay.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 08:47:19 AM »
thats was a vicious hit.. but the shit that got me in that game was when Manning was lookin at a 4th and 18 and I think it was trent cole that whooped that tackles ass and went for the strip of Manning, grazed his helmet and got a Roughing the passer 15 yards and a first down..that was hella gay.

Manning and Brady are off limits.....

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 08:47:54 AM »
Manning and Brady are off limits.....
I see.. But that almost cost a game.. Not fuckin cool if you ask me

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 08:48:14 AM »

Gayest call in the history of the NFL...He barely touched his helmet...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 08:51:11 AM »
I see.. But that almost cost a game.. Not fuckin cool if you ask me

I don't like it either.....there is a separate set of rules for those two.....you see other QB's get lit-up and no penalty......can you imagine if either Brady or Manning took even one of the hits the Saints laid of Favre last yr in the playoffs?  they would probably have been ejected from the game....and that is just one glaring example.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 08:52:03 AM »

they go too far,, epsec when dealing w qb's...
wasnt like that in namath's day,,, they tried to gauge his eyes in the pile, lol,,, knees were target of choice...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 09:03:58 AM »

for a ref to call that call at that point in the game.. he needs to be reviewed, investigated or something

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 09:13:42 AM »
anyword on the guy???
refs overreacted, that was a catch and a fumble.
F

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 09:18:57 AM »
Ronnie Lott would be banned if he played now and just about all his hits were clean form blowups. Him and Atwater, Dennis Smith,Chuck Cecil types...all banned. lol

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »
Ronnie Lott would be banned if he played now and just about all his hits were clean form blowups. Him and Atwater, Dennis Smith,Chuck Cecil types...all banned. lol

how bout l taylor???

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 11:18:21 AM »
how bout l taylor???

how could I forget LT...dude literally ended a career out there. lol.

remember greg lloyd..steelers? Kevin Greene rams...hell Jack Tatum and Butkus ...before you know it you won't be able to breathe hard on defense without getting flagged.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 09:21:06 AM »
how could I forget LT...dude literally ended a career out there. lol.

remember greg lloyd..steelers? Kevin Greene rams...hell Jack Tatum and Butkus ...before you know it you won't be able to breathe hard on defense without getting flagged.
on a related note kevin greene owner of 160 sacks can't get in the hall of fame. what's up with that.
F

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 09:29:23 AM »
on a related note kevin greene owner of 160 sacks can't get in the hall of fame. what's up with that.

Jesus H christ.. Finally someone says something..:Look up another beast
Curley Culp..

The first nose ever to play in a 3-4. The reason the 3-4 worked.. on the all 3-4 team. In 1975 had 11.5 sacks.. from the nose tackle. 6 probowls, 1 defensive player of the year, one ring, from the nose tackle.. check him out

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 02:01:10 PM »
Jesus H christ.. Finally someone says something..:Look up another beast
Curley Culp..

The first nose ever to play in a 3-4. The reason the 3-4 worked.. on the all 3-4 team. In 1975 had 11.5 sacks.. from the nose tackle. 6 probowls, 1 defensive player of the year, one ring, from the nose tackle.. check him out
i've heard of him great player just lasting 179 games is something. how about andre reed and chris carter there numbers dwarf john stallworth and lynn swann yet they can't get in.
F

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 02:41:45 PM »
i've heard of him great player just lasting 179 games is something. how about andre reed and chris carter there numbers dwarf john stallworth and lynn swann yet they can't get in.

I never got that. Both REed and Carter need to be in right now...the process is shitty