Author Topic: Mysterious Missile Launch Off Calif. Coast Sparks Investigation  (Read 14559 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Mysterious Missile Launch Off Calif. Coast Sparks Investigation
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 01:07:54 PM »
They do get launched by accident....  not like its a weekly occurence and not nukes, but it has happened.  and of course nobody wants to admit it for obvious reasons,  But one thing I don't get is the speed of the thing?  It was very slow for a "missle."   :-\

as for the test thing.....not sure.....not likely a test of that magnitude would be advertised to show how big our dick is....and the location is a bad one like you said.

Interesting to say the least....but it will be off the news now and we can concentrate on more important things like "will Obama allow the turkey to live this year?"

not sure about it going to slow.  from the point that we get to see it in the film, it's already up and on a trajectory away from the camera filming it.  The camera is also far away so both would go toward it appearing slower.  With it going away from the camera position, it looks like it could be going plenty fast enough.  I could be wrong.  plus the trail going from ground up and it does look like it's moving away from the coast/camera position, a plane wouldn't have a contrail from ground all the way up.  At least I've never seen it happen anyway.  I hope accidental launches don't happen often ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 01:14:20 PM »
not sure about it going to slow.  from the point that we get to see it in the film, it's already up and on a trajectory away from the camera filming it.  The camera is also far away so both would go toward it appearing slower.  With it going away from the camera position, it looks like it could be going plenty fast enough.  I could be wrong.  plus the trail going from ground up and it does look like it's moving away from the coast/camera position, a plane wouldn't have a contrail from ground all the way up.  At least I've never seen it happen anyway.  I hope accidental launches don't happen often ;D

haha, not often....... ;D

The trail appearing to lead up was explained by some "egg head" on the news as being just an optical illusion as he said it was running across the horizon.....but just appeared to be running from the ground up..... :-\  and the speed is very hard to tell from the only camera shot......surely there is another one somewhere that will appear?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 01:20:18 PM »
I have another CT to tie into this.  I don't believe for a second that a diesel class Chinese submarine somehow went undetected by an entire carrier group.

I'm busy developing my CT on it, but here is a first draft.... ;D

I think more likely scenario is that some defense contractor, we haven't launched any new subs since 2000 or so I believe, wanting to get his chunk of the budget pitches the idea to some admirals who just love their toys....but how to get a million dollar project ok'd when our Navy is so vastly superior to anybody else in the world right now?  I got it, we will have an incident with the only half legit threat, China!    Just think of walking into an appropriations meeting shortly after the "incident' and showing them how we just "need this new technology.....can't you see?  The Chinese are catching  up to us......you ain't a commie are you?"

Budget approved......  and that is how CT'n is done my friends...... ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »
showstoppa, we've seen this before.  self-inflicted wound to sell the fear of a bigger threat, curable only with simultaneous ten-year wars that drain the treasury to make a small group really rich.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 09:52:54 PM »
Chinese Submarine was not the first on US coast

Posted on 12. Nov, 2010 by Raja Mujtaba in Hot Topics
[Translate]

Sneaking subs into waters off the west coast — its happened before

By Wayne Madsen

The firing of a submarine-launched ballistic missile by a Chinese Jin-class submarine off the coast of southern California last Monday at the height of evening rush hour in Los Angeles was not the first time the U.S. Navy's anti-submarine warfare sensors in the Pacific have failed.

In 1981, a Soviet Victor-class nuclear submarine successfully evaded the Navy's Sound Surveillance System (SOSUS) network of underwater hydrophones, Towed Array Sensor System (TASS) ships, and P-3  sonobuoy-equipped aircraft and popped up off the Oregon coast alongside a Soviet fishing fishing trawler.

While serving as the Operations Officer at the Navy's SOSUS station at Coos Head, Oregon, this editor received a phone call from the Coast Guard station in Brookings, Oregon reporting that some local fishermen sighted a Soviet submarine alongside a fishing trawler flying the Soviet flag some 30 miles off Brookings.

The incident resulted in the sending of a "Bravo" visual sighting on a Navy-Wide Formatted Message Reporting System (RAINFORM) message to the Commander Oceanographic System Pacific (COMOCEANSYSPAC) in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Since the clear majority of Soviet submarine contact reports were SOSUS RED messages, meaning they submarine had been detected by the SOSUS acoustic arrays, the sending of a BRAVO visual sighting message to the Navy's top commands in Pearl Harbor created a political storm.

The Navy's higher-ups immediately began to question the veracity of the Oregon fishermen and the Coast Guard in an effort to limit the damage. The reaction by the Navy was similar to the cover story now being issued by the Pentagon that the missile plume witnessed some 35 miles off the California coast was actually from a US Airways flight from Honolulu to Phoenix, a model rocket, or an optical illusion.

In 1981, a Victor-III Soviet nuclear attack submarine, armed with torpedos and anti-ship missiles, popped up previously undetected some 30 miles off the Oregon coast. The submarine had undergone significant noise-reduction modifications, with its turbine and propeller cavitation being quieted to avoid detection by U.S. Navy acoustic sensors in the Pacific. The Navy, embarrassed, covered up the incident.

The Navy, clearly embarrassed over the undetected presence of a Chinese Jin-class SSBN submarine off the coast of Los Angeles, is, some 40 years after the Victor-III incident, continuing its age-old tradition of covering up when it screws up. Aiding and abetting the Pentagon are a group of recently-minted "experts" from NASA, the Discovery Channel Rupert Murdoch's array of claptrap publications, Pentagon-funded web sites and think tanks, and other "usual suspects" in the conspiracy theory proffering business.

The Pentagon, shown to have wasted billions of dollars on a useless ballistic missile defense system, is working overtime with the media and on the Internet to cover up the latest debacle. However, even some reporters who cover the Pentagon full-time are beginning to question the Pentagon's version of events last Monday night over the skies west of Los Angeles.

Wayne Madsen is a Washington, DC-based investigative journalist, author and syndicated columnist. He has written

for several renowned papers and blogs.

Madsen is a regular contributor on Russia Today. He has been a frequent political and national security commentator on Fox News and has also appeared on ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, and MS-NBC. Madsen has taken on Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity on their television shows.  He has been invited to testifty as a witness before the US House of Representatives, the UN Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, and an terrorism investigation panel of the French government.

As a U.S. Naval Officer, he managed one of the first computer security programs for the U.S. Navy. He subsequently worked for the National Security Agency, the Naval Data Automation Command, Department of State, RCA Corporation, and Computer Sciences Corporation.
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 10:05:07 PM »
samson, would you please start sourcing your material.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 11:35:42 PM »
I have another CT to tie into this.  I don't believe for a second that a diesel class Chinese submarine somehow went undetected by an entire carrier group.

I'm busy developing my CT on it, but here is a first draft.... ;D

I think more likely scenario is that some defense contractor, we haven't launched any new subs since 2000 or so I believe, wanting to get his chunk of the budget pitches the idea to some admirals who just love their toys....but how to get a million dollar project ok'd when our Navy is so vastly superior to anybody else in the world right now?  I got it, we will have an incident with the only half legit threat, China!    Just think of walking into an appropriations meeting shortly after the "incident' and showing them how we just "need this new technology.....can't you see?  The Chinese are catching  up to us......you ain't a commie are you?"

Budget approved......  and that is how CT'n is done my friends...... ;D

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 11:37:01 PM »
I still want to know where that missile if that's what it was, landed.
w

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 06:07:24 AM »
I still want to know where that missile if that's what it was, landed.

It appeared to go out to sea......I can't believe that no ship or someone on the coast didn't get some video of it, or witness something....

and you ain't buying my Chinese sub CT?  :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 06:46:04 AM »
It appeared to go out to sea......I can't believe that no ship or someone on the coast didn't get some video of it, or witness something....

and you ain't buying my Chinese sub CT?  :)

nah, ...not really.  :-\

But how's this one?

An unnamed country decides to go on a blatant recon mission with a two fold purpose.
1) To demonstrate a show of force.
2) Determine response times and efficiency of US military.

They let loose a mini EMP over a cruise ship, spooking everyone concerned. conjuring visions of 911 in their heads.
In an effort to determine response time and or efficiency of US forces, they let loose a mini EMP over a cruise ship, and let it be known, they have the capability to do that to an entire state. They get an undetectable sub into US waters, and launch a sacrificial unmanned object, to see how quickly US forces shoot it down. US officials spooked by what happened to the cruise ship take no chances and fire on the sacrificial dummy. Unnamed country gathers it's data, and with egg on their faces, US officials don't want to acknowledge the incident let alone talk about it.

So, unlike his predecessor who was essentially bullying a resource rich state, crippled by decades of sanctions and on the verge of collapse, this leader now stands no chance of gathering bully support from fellow industrialized nations, against this wealthy, powerful, unnamed country with billions of cannon if need be fodder. None of them wants an EMP going off over their country.

How's that one? Any plausibility there?
w

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2010, 09:10:56 AM »
nah, ...not really.  :-\

But how's this one?

An unnamed country decides to go on a blatant recon mission with a two fold purpose.
1) To demonstrate a show of force.
2) Determine response times and efficiency of US military.

They let loose a mini EMP over a cruise ship, spooking everyone concerned. conjuring visions of 911 in their heads.
In an effort to determine response time and or efficiency of US forces, they let loose a mini EMP over a cruise ship, and let it be known, they have the capability to do that to an entire state. They get an undetectable sub into US waters, and launch a sacrificial unmanned object, to see how quickly US forces shoot it down. US officials spooked by what happened to the cruise ship take no chances and fire on the sacrificial dummy. Unnamed country gathers it's data, and with egg on their faces, US officials don't want to acknowledge the incident let alone talk about it.

So, unlike his predecessor who was essentially bullying a resource rich state, crippled by decades of sanctions and on the verge of collapse, this leader now stands no chance of gathering bully support from fellow industrialized nations, against this wealthy, powerful, unnamed country with billions of cannon if need be fodder. None of them wants an EMP going off over their country.

How's that one? Any plausibility there?

Not bad.....but I hope you realize I was talking about the Chinese sub incident from 3 yrs ago in my CT.

Yours meshes with my assertion that there is no way in hell that a missle was launched without the US knowing about it....just not going to happen.  Anybody that believes that is delusional.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2010, 04:53:59 PM »
Not bad.....but I hope you realize I was talking about the Chinese sub incident from 3 yrs ago in my CT.

Yours meshes with my assertion that there is no way in hell that a missle was launched without the US knowing about it....just not going to happen.  Anybody that believes that is delusional.

Agreed!

Here's another theory floating around... secret gov war with UFO's

Alot of people have theorized that a war against aliens would galvanize earth's population, and cause them to rally behind their governments, ...but I gotta tell you, the way some governments have treated their citizens, ...it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the citizens rooted for the aliens. lol.  ;D
w

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2010, 11:01:38 PM »
Agreed!

Here's another theory floating around... secret gov war with UFO's

Alot of people have theorized that a war against aliens would galvanize earth's population, and cause them to rally behind their governments, ...but I gotta tell you, the way some governments have treated their citizens, ...it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the citizens rooted for the aliens. lol.  ;D

That's what happened in the movie INDEPENDENCE DAY... The people were welcoming the UFOS. When the UFOs blew up the Capital /whitehouse etc theatres goers actually cheered!!!!
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2010, 05:25:23 AM »
I did too. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2010, 08:27:08 AM »
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2010, 08:34:26 AM »
This whole California Mystery Missile Launch has now been exposed as a fraudulent situation. America was all to well aware of the launch because THEY LAUNCHED THE MISSILE and even told mariners of it days in advance. America is nothing but a LYING NATION sad for those numbskulls still rooting and supporting that nation.

U.S. 'Notice to Mariners' Report May Explain Mystery Missile Launch

U.S. 'Notice to Mariners' Report May Explain Mystery Missile Launch Posted by Lori Price, www.legitgov.org 11 Nov 2010 A 'Notice to Mariners' report entry may explain the missile launch earlier this week from Southern California waters near Catalina Island. Page 55 of the current 'Notice to Mariners' report, dated 6 November 2010, notes upcoming firing operations in that area. The report is published weekly by the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency and prepared jointly with the National Ocean Service and U.S. Coast Guard.

NOTICE TO MARNERS
No. 45
06 NOVEMBER 2010
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Published Weekly by the
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
Prepared Jointly with the
National Ocean Service and U.S. Coast Guard

Department of Defense

SECTION III NM 45/10

NAVAREA XII

The summary of all NAVAREA XII messages in force as of 17 December 2009 is given in Section III of NM 52/09.

Warnings issued during the subsequent quarters are issued in NM 13/10, 26/10 and 39/10.

NAVAREA XII WARNINGS issued from 211100Z to 281230Z October 2010.

430/10(19).

NORTH PACIFIC.

HAWAII.

ORDNANCE.

1. UNDERWATER ORDNANCE DETONATIONS IN PROGRESS

UNTIL 281159Z OCT IN AREAS BOUND BY:

A. 22-05N 162-00W, 22-05N 165-00W,

21-55N 170-01W, 21-20N 170-00W,

21-29N 164-59W, 21-29N 162-00W.

B. 20-58N 162-00W, 20-56N 164-58W,

20-48N 170-00W, 20-14N 169-58W,

20-22N 164-57W, 20-25N 162-00W.

2. CANCEL THIS MSG 281259Z OCT.

(221414Z OCT 2010)

431/10(GEN).

1. NAVAREA XII MESSAGES IN FORCE 230900Z OCT 10. ONLY THOSE

MESSAGES ISSUED DURING THE LAST SIX WEEKS ARE LISTED HEREIN.

2010 SERIES: 403(19), 424(18), 427(18), 430(19).

2. THE SUMMARY OF ALL NAVAREA XII MESSAGES IN FORCE AS OF

17 DEC 09 IS GIVEN IN SEC III OF NM 52/09. WARNINGS

ISSUED DURING THE SUBSEQUENT QUARTERS ARE SUMMARIZED

IN NM 13/10, 26/10 AND 39/10.

3. CANCEL NAVAREA XII 426/10.

(230926Z OCT 2010)

432/10. CANCELED.

433/10(19).

NORTH PACIFIC.

HAWAII.

MISSILES.

1. HAZARDOUS OPERATIONS 290130Z TO 290700Z OCT,

ALTERNATE 300200Z TO 300730Z AND

310230Z TO 310800Z OCT

IN AREA BOUND BY

22-00N 159-46W, 22-07N 160-25W,

23-07N 161-49W, 24-25N 162-27W,

29-56N 170-20W, 32-47N 169-47W,

35-34N 164-15W, 36-03N 162-31W,

31-30N 161-28W, 27-00N 162-00W,

24-11N 160-10W, 22-39N 159-36W,

22-10N 159-44W.

2. CANCEL THIS MSG 310900Z OCT.

(240828Z OCT 2010)

434/10(18).

EASTERN NORTH PACIFIC.

CALIFORNIA.

MISSILES.

1. INTERMITTENT MISSILE FIRING OPERATIONS 0001Z TO 2359Z

DAILY MONDAY THRU SUNDAY IN THE NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER

SEA RANGE. THE MAJORITY OF MISSILE FIRINGS TAKE PLACE

1400Z TO 2359Z AND 0001Z TO 0200Z DAILY MONDAY THRU FRIDAY

IN AREA BOUND BY

34-02N 119-04W, 33-52N 119-06W, 33-29N 118-37W,

33-20N 118-37W, 32-11N 120-16W, 31-54N 121-35W,

35-09N 123-39W, 35-29N 123-00W, 35-57N 121-32W,

34-04N 119-04W.

2. VESSELS MAY BE REQUESTED TO ALTER COURSE WITHIN THE ABOVE

AREA DUE TO FIRING OPERATIONS AND ARE REQUESTED TO CONTACT

PLEAD CONTROL ON 5081.5 MHZ (5080 KHZ) OR 3238.5 KHZ (3237 KHZ)

SECONDARY OR 156.8 MHZ (CH 16) OR 127.55 MHZ BEFORE ENTERING

THE ABOVE BOUNDARIES AND MAINTAIN CONTINUOUS GUARD WHILE

WITHIN THE RANGE.

3. VESSELS INBOUND AND OUTBOUND FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PORTS

WILL CREATE THE LEAST INTERFERENCE TO FIRING OPERATIONS

DURING THE SPECIFIC PERIODS, AS WELL AS ENHANCE THE VESSEL'S

III-1.7

C

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2010, 08:37:11 AM »
You mean there are nations out the that don't ever lie to their people?

I am glad our country keeps it's secrets.  Better to kill more terrorists.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2010, 09:09:12 AM »
You mean there are nations out the that don't ever lie to their people?

I am glad our country keeps it's secrets.  Better to kill more terrorists.

Don't try and change the subject. The issue here is the US government knew all along what was going on and instead of saying what was happening they let it go into claims of China attacking, terrorist again, Korea launching missiles at america, terrorist IN america have done this, secret submarines from other nations etc etc....and to this day they have not said a word about correcting these LIES or stopping the rumor mill in america known as its media from spreading them. This isn't disturbing to you?
C

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2010, 09:41:06 AM »
OR - they put out this paperwork afterwards, after the 'airline contrail' story was debunked by so many experts.

i'd like to see a web cache of this announcement from last week - not a piece of paper they 'say' they issued last week ;)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »
OR - they put out this paperwork afterwards, after the 'airline contrail' story was debunked by so many experts.

i'd like to see a web cache of this announcement from last week - not a piece of paper they 'say' they issued last week ;)

Did you order the flight log changed at Gitmo, Colonel !?!?  Did you ?!?!

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2010, 12:00:31 PM »

Did you not notice that this notice to the mariners was made on November 6th meaning the knowledge of doing this was know far earlier than the actual event.

NOTICE TO MARNERS
No. 45
06 NOVEMBER 2010
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Published Weekly by the
Prepared Jointly with the
National Ocean Service and U.S. Coast Guard
C

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2010, 12:09:48 PM »
That's what happened in the movie INDEPENDENCE DAY... The people were welcoming the UFOS. When the UFOs blew up the Capital /whitehouse etc theatres goers actually cheered!!!!

>:( Damn You Samson, ...I still haven't seen it yet!
I know it's a really old one, ...but I hate going to see those "blockbusters" when they tell us to.
Too much propaganda. I always wait a while then get around to it. No more spoilers please.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2010, 12:19:58 PM »
yeah, i'm just saying, if you were gonna try to diffuse it - and nobody was buying the first excuse (trails from a jet), this would be the next logical step.  You'd post-date a memo and say "see?  you CTers were all crazy!" and of course, anyone who poo-poo's every single CT would poo-poo this one.

I dont worry or care about who did it.  All I can do is keep putting along and hope the international dick measuring never dampens my day.  I sure as heck can't change it.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2010, 12:48:20 PM »
yeah, i'm just saying, if you were gonna try to diffuse it - and nobody was buying the first excuse (trails from a jet), this would be the next logical step.  You'd post-date a memo and say "see?  you CTers were all crazy!" and of course, anyone who poo-poo's every single CT would poo-poo this one.

I dont worry or care about who did it.  All I can do is keep putting along and hope the international dick measuring never dampens my day.  I sure as heck can't change it.

QFT!!!

There are forces that are bigger than us, ...that on impact will either crush us, ...or push us into success.
There's no point in screaming about the upcoming rain, ...we should instead learn how to dance in the rain
w