Author Topic: Washington Post: White House altered drilling safety report to mislead public.  (Read 2050 times)

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
1) complete bullshit on their part.

2) unless you complained about the White house altering the EPA report proving air quality was terrible after 911 - you don't have any room to bitch here.

I bitched about the shady white house move on the 2001 action, and I bitch about the shady white house move in 2010 action.  If you didn't complain about Bush doing it, ingest a penis now.

If you don't bitch about Nixon doing it, ingest a dick now.
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
If you don't bitch about Nixon doing it, ingest a dick now.

I wasn't born yet - but looking back, yeah, his ass belonged in jail for it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

So in 240's world - if you did not complain about the losses in Vietnam being covered up, you cant say boo now right?   ::)  ::)

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham

Pierce was bad too.

But Fillmore was a lying fuckface before that.

Seriously though 240, a large part of the Democratic "MO" is scientific reasoning.....listening to what the "experts" have to say on a subject, and then using that to provide the greatest good to the greatest number of people.

That is one part of Liberalism an "anti-religious right" conservative like me can believe in.....listening to the advice of people who've devoted their entire life to a subject over what the bible or other arbitrary ideology has to say on the topic.
Bringing up "Bush did it too" is totally irrelevant IMO.  The "assholes on the right" are supposed to ignore science to further their agenda.  The left is supposed to use science over ideology to better serve the people.  
If the left lets things like this slip by, then a major foundational principle of their base is pointless.  

What is an independent athiest/scientist supposed to think after something like this?
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
So in 240's world - if you did not complain about the losses in Vietnam being covered up, you cant say boo now right?   ::)  ::)

OH - I've bitched all about the bullshit gulf of tonken incident.  A complete lie that our govt later admitted. and I dont care which party was in office.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
i didn't defend obama's actions.  I was referring specifically to getbiggers who rolled their eyes at me 5 years ago when i complained the bush white house lied about the EPA report according to EPA whistleblowers.

Now, they're all upset. 

Those are the ppl I dislike.  Its no secret that the ppl in office are inherently evil, no matter the party.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
i didn't defend obama's actions.  I was referring specifically to getbiggers who rolled their eyes at me 5 years ago when i complained the bush white house lied about the EPA report according to EPA whistleblowers.

Now, they're all upset. 

Those are the ppl I dislike.  Its no secret that the ppl in office are inherently evil, no matter the party.

So any "left leaning" empathy I have because they want to use "science" over "religion" should be dropped? 

They're all going to lie, but at least the right is going to have to tax me less eventually (if they want to stay in office), right?   At least I'll keep more of my money while they lie to me?
Y

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
This report cost thousands of jobs in the gulf...oh wait,thats Obamas intention in the first place.No surprise.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This report cost thousands of jobs in the gulf...oh wait,thats Obamas intention in the first place.No surprise.

yup - and i have a running thrad on how obama is killing jobs by the day.  too bad no one can refute it. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Skip to comments.

Obama's lying energy czar must go
NY Post ^ | November 14, 2010 | Michelle Malkin

________________________ ________________________ _________

Energy czar Carol Browner needs to go the way of disgraced green-jobs czar Van Jones: under the bus and stripped of her unbridled power to destroy jobs and lives in the name of saving the planet. ASAP.

One of the Beltway's most entrenched and unaccountable left-wing radicals, Browner has now been called out twice by President Obama's own federal BP oil-spill commission and Interior Department inspector general. How many strikes should she get?

Pushing the question should be a top priority of the new House GOP majority. Not least of all because Washington insiders are still buzzing about possible White House plans to increase her policy role and elevate her status.

First, the BP oil-spill panel dinged her for disseminating misleading information about the disaster's scope. In the spill's aftermath, she falsely claimed that 75 percent of the spill was "now completely gone from the system" and that the administration's August report on the disaster was "peer-reviewed." The false claim "contributed to public perception" of Browner's calculation as "more exact and complete" than it was ever designed to be, the oil-spill commission concluded in October.

This week, the Interior Department inspector general singled out Browner's office for butchering peer-reviewed scientists' conclusions in a key report about the administration's deepwater-drilling moratorium.

The scientists first blew the whistle on the administration's monkey business this summer. A federal judge sided with the scientists and blasted the Interior Department's big green lie that its moratorium was "peer-reviewed" and endorsed by "seven experts identified by the National Academy of Engineering."

As the court concluded:"Although the experts agreed with the safety recommendations contained in the body of the main Report, five of the National Academy experts and three of the other experts have publicly stated that they 'do not agree with the six month blanket moratorium'

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BUMP

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bump for straw 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bump for Team Ghetto

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BP: U.S. hiding evidence on size of Gulf oil spill
Reuters ^ | March 30, 2012 | Jonathan Stempel

(Reuters) - BP Plc (BP.L) has accused the U.S. government of withholding evidence that may show the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill was smaller than federal officials claimed, a key issue in determining the oil company's liability.

A reduction in the size of the spill would lower the maximum civil fine BP could be forced to pay under the U.S. Clean Water Act, a sum now estimated as high as $17.6 billion.

The government is one of many plaintiffs suing BP over the April 20, 2010 explosion of the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig, which killed 11 workers and triggered the largest U.S. offshore oil spill.

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BUMP FOR THE OBAMA CULT 

Report: White House altered drilling safety report
 By DINA CAPPIELLO
The Associated Press
www.washingtonpost.com
Wednesday, November 10, 2010; 11:11 AM

________________________ ________________________ ____________

WASHINGTON -- The Interior Department's inspector general says the White House edited a drilling safety report in a way that made it falsely appear that scientists and experts supported the idea of the administration's six-month ban on new drilling.

The inspector general says the editing changes resulted "in the implication that the moratorium recommendation had been peer reviewed." But it hadn't been. The scientists were only asked to review new safety measures for offshore drilling.

"There was no intent to mislead the public," said Kendra Barkoff, a spokeswoman for Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, who also recommended in the May 27 safety report that a moratorium be placed on deepwater oil and gas exploration. "The decision to impose a temporary moratorium on deepwater drilling was made by the secretary, following consultation with colleagues including the White House."

The Interior Department, after one of the reviewers complained about the inference, promptly issued an apology to the reviewers during a conference call, with a letter and personal meeting in June.

The inspector general's report, which was originally requested by Louisiana Sen. David Vitter and Rep. Steve Scalise in June, said the administration did not violate federal rules because the executive summary did not say the experts approved the recommendations and the department offered a formal apology and had publicly clarified the nature of the expert review.

But Louisiana Rep. Bill Cassidy, a Republican, said in a statement that the investigation proved "that the blanket drilling moratorium was driven by a politics and not by science."

"Candidate Obama promised that he would guided by science, not ideology," Cassidy said. Cassidy said if that were true thousands of jobs and billions in economic activity would have been preserved on the Gulf coast.

The Web site Politico was first to report the inspector general's findings. The Associated Press on Wednesday obtained a copy of the report, which has not been publicly released.

________________________ ________________________ _______

WTF?  

HOPE & CHANGE BITCHES!  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bump

Report: White House altered drilling safety report
 By DINA CAPPIELLO
The Associated Press
www.washingtonpost.com
Wednesday, November 10, 2010; 11:11 AM

________________________ ________________________ ____________

WASHINGTON -- The Interior Department's inspector general says the White House edited a drilling safety report in a way that made it falsely appear that scientists and experts supported the idea of the administration's six-month ban on new drilling.

The inspector general says the editing changes resulted "in the implication that the moratorium recommendation had been peer reviewed." But it hadn't been. The scientists were only asked to review new safety measures for offshore drilling.

"There was no intent to mislead the public," said Kendra Barkoff, a spokeswoman for Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, who also recommended in the May 27 safety report that a moratorium be placed on deepwater oil and gas exploration. "The decision to impose a temporary moratorium on deepwater drilling was made by the secretary, following consultation with colleagues including the White House."

The Interior Department, after one of the reviewers complained about the inference, promptly issued an apology to the reviewers during a conference call, with a letter and personal meeting in June.

The inspector general's report, which was originally requested by Louisiana Sen. David Vitter and Rep. Steve Scalise in June, said the administration did not violate federal rules because the executive summary did not say the experts approved the recommendations and the department offered a formal apology and had publicly clarified the nature of the expert review.

But Louisiana Rep. Bill Cassidy, a Republican, said in a statement that the investigation proved "that the blanket drilling moratorium was driven by a politics and not by science."

"Candidate Obama promised that he would guided by science, not ideology," Cassidy said. Cassidy said if that were true thousands of jobs and billions in economic activity would have been preserved on the Gulf coast.

The Web site Politico was first to report the inspector general's findings. The Associated Press on Wednesday obtained a copy of the report, which has not been publicly released.

________________________ ________________________ _______

WTF?  

HOPE & CHANGE BITCHES!  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
bump