Author Topic: Sadly, it never happened  (Read 7840 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Sadly, it never happened
« on: November 10, 2010, 11:43:42 AM »
When getbig and other bodybuilding forums were launched I had high hopes.
Actual pro bodybuilders would interact with avg guys like me.
Bodybuilding fans would be able meet on line and then meet in person at big contests, etc.

That never happened. The forums became a mass of faceless characters, bent on making the forums, virtual Jerry Springer events.
EVERY forum evolved into some version of this. The pros stopped getting involved due to the silly atmosphere.

Sadly, what could have been a wonderful, positive resource, became a joke.
Now the forums are still good for a laugh and killing time, but that is about it.
Such is life. ::)

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
Re: Sadly, it never happened
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 11:49:52 AM »
You know MD don't you?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 11:51:53 AM »
many pros have posted here over the years

bob chic still does

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 11:52:31 AM »
many pros have posted here over the years

bob chic still does

Sarcasm ran off Matt Duvall... that was funny as shit

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »

Howie, you need to lower your standards.  Oh, wait.....

You interact with Bob Chick, why keep beating a dead horse?  Trust me, you don't want to interact with the rest of them, most can barely put together a coherent sentence.  Bob is probably one out of a group of three pros that can actually hold an intellectual conversation for longer than five seconds.

Bodybuilding fans would be able meet on line and then meet in person at big contests, etc..

Creepy Howard, just creepy...

That never happened. The forums became a mass of faceless characters, bent on making the forums, virtual Jerry Springer events.  EVERY forum evolved into some version of this. The pros stopped getting involved due to the silly atmosphere.

What do you expect Howard?  Grown adults with actual careers, families and aspirations don't really interest themselves much with professional bodybuilding.  The vast majority of fans of this sport consist of the same fans that you would find at a comic book convention or a rehab center catering to high school physics teachers with an inclination towards questionable interests (i.e. see Howard's comments regarding the "if there is grass on it" approach to women).

Resource for what Howard?  Since Arnold's prime, bodybuilding techniques have not evolved.  There are only so many ways you can work your biceps and the huge gap, dare I say black hole in between topics, needs to be filled with some form of comic relief.

I don't know Howard, you are starting to worry me.  I think you should get a boyfriend and spend some time away from the boards.
"1"

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 12:17:21 PM »
^^^Forensic beatdown.   ;D

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 12:33:12 PM »
this round clearly goes to OneMoreRep  ;D

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 12:35:25 PM »
why is this guy complaining?

I mean, I"m on here and i'm a pretty important dude.  I once met JJ from "Goodtimes"

w8m8

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 12:42:51 PM »
Bodybuilding fans would be able meet on line and then meet in person at big contests, etc.

That never happened. The forums became a mass of faceless characters, bent on making the forums, virtual Jerry Springer events.
EVERY forum evolved into some version of this. The pros stopped getting involved due to the silly atmosphere.

Now the forums are still good for a laugh and killing time, but that is about it.

What are all these blue stars for then ?

really though ... you sound like you desire close relationships with these guys .. do you think message boards that pertain to music have members craving for Adam Lambert and Justin Bieber to become part of their forums for some exclusive conversations and hope to set up meetings ?

I don't understand why Vince Basile and Melvin Goodrum aren't enough for you  ;D

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 12:54:58 PM »

Go to MD...

Anyways what would you possibly want to ask a pro bb? "hey bro what's your training routine like?" "how many grams of protein do you eat a day? "how do you get that swole outer tricep?"  ::)

No. Most people just wants to ask them for their cycle... which they wont answer anyways for obvious reasons.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 01:01:24 PM »

Sarcasm ran off Matt Duvall... that was funny as shit
Before or after Matt Duvall's hairline ran away from him?

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 01:05:27 PM »
Howard = a 50 plus year old schmoe with 5 divorces, creepy looks, creepy vibes, teaches and most likely have thoughts on male students and "judges," bbing. That about sums it up.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 01:05:49 PM »
I agree with Howard. Getbig would've been AWESOME if there were no trolls or funny posts and every other thread was about Howard asking the pros about drugs in bodybuilding and whether it wouldn't have been for the better if there were no drugs at all.

spinnis

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 01:07:21 PM »
"Hey priest what do you do for your arms bro?!?! man you were the shit man!! damn bro!!! craziest arms in the world bro!! I fucking love you man!!!"

there you have it.

and as said , go to MD THEN and stop complaining like a c*nt ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 01:07:24 PM »
oiled up men in thongs pumping and posing their bodies   :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »
Waaaa,waaaaa,waaaaa.

....everyone of Howards threads read like this.

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 02:06:51 PM »
I agree with Howard. Getbig would've been AWESOME if there were no trolls or funny posts and every other thread was about Howard asking the pros about drugs in bodybuilding and whether it wouldn't have been for the better if there were no drugs at all.

lol..... this jerry springer event as howard calls it is much more fun

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 02:08:58 PM »
Yes a forum where pro bodybuilders post about being natural, how they train and all the otc supplements they take would be great....

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 02:15:32 PM »
"Life is a disappointment, nay, a cheat"

Arthur Schopenhauer

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 02:18:29 PM »

Your hopes were misguided from day one.  Remember, a lot of insecure guys are fans of bodybuilding.  This sets the stage for envy and acting out.  A lot of these guys are young; this exacerbates the problem.

In order for a forum to succeed as you envisioned it, there would have to be one or more filters. For example the forum could not be anonymous.  A better possible filter: the posters would have to pay to participate (competing pros could post for free).  Charging people to participate would filter out a lot of kids who would not want to part with money they do not have.  It wouldn’t have to be expensive but enough to keep the kids out.  Of course, many gym rats might be disinclined to cough up the dough as well.  :-\

Ah well, as you say… sadly, it never happened.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 02:17:23 AM »
Poor Howie. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 02:37:43 AM »
I like Getbig.  :)

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 02:45:11 AM »
Howie will never be hand in hand with the man in the thong who took his heart,  curse you Ron Avidan.  Howie is not happy Ron,  look what you've done to Howie. 

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 02:55:51 AM »

You should start your own board. I'm sure it will attract a lot of pro bodybuilders who would relish the opportunity to "interact" with average guys like you. "High hopes" will always win out in the end.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 03:18:40 AM »