Author Topic: unusual training routine (people who workout only)  (Read 5782 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: unusual training routine (people who workout only)
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 12:38:27 PM »

Wtf, just wing it. Don't overcomplicate something that is pretty simplistic. Fucking progression scheme, jesus christ...

After you've been working out for a while, you plateau, and the gains stop.  Winging it doesn't help if you want to get better.

The two ten week programs I did with a trainer got my bench, squat and deadlift up about 50lbs or so.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 12:43:16 PM »
After you've been working out for a while, you plateau, and the gains stop.  Winging it doesn't help if you want to get better.

The two ten week programs cycles I did with a trainer got my bench, squat and deadlift up about 50lbs or so.

Fixed ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 12:51:08 PM »

Fixed ;D

In a couple years, that might be true!
Y

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 12:53:31 PM »

The two ten week programs I did with a trainer got my bench, squat and deadlift up about 50lbs or so.

I would love to see this scheme, i imagine it is a work of unequaled genius. ::)
Trans Milkshake.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 01:07:56 PM »
There is no way in hell one can make progress and get stronger by training a bodypart to failure 3 times a week, even if only using 2 or 3 work sets per session.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 01:59:04 PM »

I would love to see this scheme, i imagine it is a work of unequaled genius. ::)

From your response, It's easy to see you've already got a predetermined opinion on it, so it will be lost on you.

It concentrated on removing the band-reflex from the main compound exercises.  The end result was greater strength on normal lifts.
Y

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 02:08:30 PM »
There is no way in hell one can make progress and get stronger by training a bodypart to failure 3 times a week, even if only using 2 or 3 work sets per session.

A lot of old timer did this for years and some of them were pretty big dudes.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 02:38:15 PM »
Try John Brown's routine.

He trained Shawn Ray and Melvin Anthony using this routine when they were teenagers.

Mon: Chest,Shoulders, Arms
Tue: Legs, Back
Wed: Chest, Shoulders, Arms
Thurs: Legs, Back
Fri: Chest, Shoulders, Arms
Sat: Legs, Back
Sun: OFF

incredibly high volume, 3 hour workouts. Sleep for 12 hours a day.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 02:48:13 PM »

I have made my best gains training the same bodypart three times a week, it depends on your recovery, which is different for everyone.
Trans Milkshake.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 05:11:45 PM »
  Depending how many total exercises that is, it has the potential to be an awesome program.  Essentially what I do.

Yes, same here.

The key is to reduce the sets and exercises for each body part. You cannot do 5 exercises with 3 sets for legs only when you plan to train legs again after 2 days.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 08:11:33 PM »
When you train to failure- whether it is actual physiological failure (momentary muscle fatigue) or volitional failure (your threshold for discomfort) the amount of weight, sets and reps are irrelevant. Your muscles don't know or care about the specifics. If you train with 90% of your max and reach failure after 3 reps, you are achieving the same muscular and neurological response as if you trained with 50 % of your max and did 20 reps. Therefore, going insane with tons of sets and reps and exercises for the same body part is moronic and ineffective in the long run. There is no such thing as "muscle memory" (muscles have no memory, all movement in the human body originates in the central nervous system-- what people erroneously refer to as muscle memory is a motor pattern orchestrated by the nervous system in response to force creating stability and mobility; the CNS then stores information associated with the movement), there is no such thing as "isolating" individual parts of the muscle (based on the all or non principle of muscle contraction) and there is no such thing as lifting for "definition" versus lifting for mass (lifting is lifting, definition is the product of diet, aerobic exercise, genetics and supplementation). You can only isolate joints and you can only encourage specific muscle participation in any given exercise depending on how it is executed.     

Also, I stayed at a Holliday Inn express last night.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2010, 05:55:41 AM »
Excellent points George. So, I'm curious where your came up with these conclusions? To me, it looks like a combonation of Arthur Jones and Fred Hatfield

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2010, 06:02:45 AM »
Hell son, go all in.....7 day a week, 3 hr workout, 12 to 15 sets per bodypart.......eat you some baloney sammiches, drank some orange drank and get jacked !!

this is the incarceration training principles.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2010, 06:09:00 AM »
Hell son, go all in.....7 day a week, 3 hr workout, 12 to 15 sets per bodypart.......eat you some baloney sammiches, drank some orange drank and get jacked !!

this is the incarceration training principles.

Racist post reported.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2010, 06:10:50 AM »
Racist post reported.

"orange drank" gave me away, huh?  :-\

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2010, 06:21:19 AM »
Excellent points George. So, I'm curious where your came up with these conclusions? To me, it looks like a combonation of Arthur Jones and Fred Hatfield

I took a few exercise physiology and anatomy courses directly related to resistance training. I'm not an expert, or anywhere close-- but the stuff I learned blew my mind. The shit people think they know about exercise is utter nonsense (and myself included prior to taking the classes). Most individuals get their knowledge about exercise from people with no clue about the science that is involved. Many people believe in their methods because some other "big" guy at the gym told them what to do, then they tried it, and now they are armchair experts as well. The fact is that most people have no idea what they are doing to their bodies when they exercise and getting the results they want is a combination of inflammation, drugs, or simply accident. If you asked someone who had an ideal physique how they achieved it, you are likely to hear something stupid like "Always do HIT" or "Make sure you deadlift twice a week". Same thing with eating. The reason why it is rare if not impossible to use a one size fits all training and diet protocol is because of the concept of biological individuality. No two human beings have the same chemistry, cellular structure, musculoskeletal structure, medical history, physiological response-etc.

When you look specifically at the science alone, everything else is exposed for what it is-- fiction. I also did some course work in nutrition/ ergogenic aids which also opened my eyes to a lot of the myths perpetrated out there about how to eat in order to burn muscle and lose fat.-- ala no carbs and low carb diets which are a complete farce.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2010, 06:22:11 AM »
"orange drank" gave me away, huh?  :-\

It was the misspelled words and criminality. I had no choice but to alert the nearest moderator.