Author Topic: So is pacman guna stomp Margarito tomorrow?  (Read 5646 times)

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
So is pacman guna stomp Margarito tomorrow?
« on: November 12, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »
or?

Pacquiao nearly six pounds lighter than Margarito

ARLINGTON, Texas (Reuters) – Manny Pacquiao weighed in almost six pounds lighter than Antonio Margarito after the Filipino was greeted by deafening cheers from his supporters on the eve of Saturday's WBC super welterweight title fight.

Pacquiao, 51-3-2 (38 knockouts), tipped the scales at 144.6 pounds in front of a jubilant crowd of about 1,000 at the fight venue -- the imposing, state-of-the-art Cowboys Stadium.

Mexican Margarito (38-6, 27 KOs) was right on the limit for the scheduled 12-round bout which will be fought at a contracted weight of 150 pounds.

"I have trained a lot and I think because of the training hard that's why my weight is what it is," Pacquiao told reporters after the televised weigh-in.

His trainer Freddie Roach said his fighter was simply coming in at his natural weight.

"He's in great shape," Roach added. "I gave him the green light to just take care of himself and he got out the protein shakes. That's what we wanted to come in at."

Although three-times world champion Margarito enjoys a significant height and reach advantage, Pacquiao is widely expected to beat his Mexican opponent.

The Filipino southpaw has already established himself as one of the best offensive fighters of all-time and will be bidding to win an eighth world title in an unprecedented eighth weight class.

ELECTRIC ATMOSPHERE

The atmosphere was electric as the two fighters made their way on to a raised stage for Friday's weigh-in where Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys NFL team, was among those attending.

Shouts of "Manny, Manny, Manny" and "Mexico, Mexico, Mexico" resounded before the two boxers emerged, the ever-smiling Pacquiao wearing a white balaclava, a yellow shirt, blue jeans and a red tracksuit top.

The Filipino is renowned for his playful nature and he pretended to steal the glittering title belt from the stage before returning it to the WBC president with a beaming smile.

Margarito, who wore sunglasses, a black tracksuit top and black boxing shorts, was booed by a large section of the crowd before he weighed in first, flanked on either side of the stage by three Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.

The 32-year-old is returning to the ring for the first time in the U.S. since he lost to American Shane Mosley in a WBC welterweight title bout in January 2009.

The disgraced Mexican and his trainer Javier Capetillo were banned for a year after plaster-like bandage wraps were found in the fighter's gloves before the Mosley fight.

Margarito, dubbed the 'Tijuana Tornado', last fought in May when he beat Roberto Garcia in a WBC international light-middleweight bout in Mexico.

Pacquiao, 31, has not fought since March when he outclassed Ghana's Joshua Clottey at the Cowboys Stadium to retain his WBO welterweight title.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101113/sp_nm/us_boxing_pacquiao_6

Formerly_Owner76

• Getbig III
  • Long Time Troll!
Re: So is pacman guna stomp this d00d tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 03:29:29 AM »
I hope Manny destroys that illegal focker.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 04:15:57 AM »
I'd love to see Manny get spanked but Marg will probably lose within 8 rounds. There is a huge size difference and a question whether manny can actually hurt Marg. I think he can but a small side to me thinks Manny is slipping and Marg may capitalize seeing as this is huge 2nd chance coming after the hand wrap issues and loss to Mosley. 

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 04:17:28 AM »

Pacman
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 04:47:54 AM »
Who cares about someone whos such a pussy they have to wear pillows on their hands to fight!!! Ground games where its at, in da cage baby!!!
Now wheres my tap out hat, im gonna go walk round the town intimidating people.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 08:01:19 AM »
Margarito by KO round 8-10, too much size, too good a chin and too much heart for Pacman.  Yea that loaded gloves as a pussy move but he still has a great chin, Mosley fight not witstanding. great conditioning and wont throw the fight like Clotty did

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 08:07:42 AM »
Margarito is much bigger, but Pacquiao has proven time and time again that the bigger, stronger isn't what it takes to beat him. He takes some good shots, but Margarito better be in great shape because he'll be throwing a lot of useless punches at the air and on Manny's arms. And Manny's hand speed will surprise Margarito too. Getting hit once in the chin can be shaken off, but getting hit 50 times in the same spot does take an effect.
Not a big boxing fan anymore, but Pacquiao is worth watching because he's beaten so many odds against him.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 08:12:24 AM »
Margarito by KO round 8-10, too much size, too good a chin and too much heart for Pacman.  Yea that loaded gloves as a pussy move but he still has a great chin, Mosley fight not witstanding. great conditioning and wont throw the fight like Clotty did

Maybe he's gonna try and put this in his boxing gloves this time...

fucking loser

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Re: So is pacman guna stomp Margarito tomorrow?
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 08:23:21 AM »
hard one to call.... i hope its pac man... biggest test of his carreer

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 09:06:13 AM »
Maybe he's gonna try and put this in his boxing gloves this time...

fucking loser

Agree.  Hope he loses but i don't think he will.  For all the MAnny Lovers.  he's never been tested.  De La Hoya was done when they fought.  A prime de la Hoya would ko him in 3-5 rds. Cotto was done after margarito and whatever he had in his gloves.  Clotty, what can i say. Margarito is too big for him

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 09:30:49 AM »
Pacman in 3
L

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 12:04:18 PM »

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 12:33:58 PM »
OMG!!! 144lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!.......... What beast these guys are :o

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 12:40:51 PM »

Epic 6 inch thick, late 1980's weight lifting belt being used to tuck in distending stomach. Brutal over sized breasts impairing my keen judgement, making me overlook her obviously being overweight and desiring unprotected intercourse! :-\

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 06:55:07 PM »

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 09:16:44 PM »
Marg getting squashed but keeps coming forward and landing his own shots at times.

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
Pac Mos?
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »
Hey guys!! Does anyone know who won the Paco fight tonight?? Or is it over yet??

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
Marg startin to hurt Pac!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 09:32:16 PM »
FAIL

http://www.firstrow.net/webmaster/ppvhome.blogspot.com/36726/8/watch-boxing:-manny-pacquiao-vs-antonio-margarito.html

this works. Incredible fight. Marg is like fukin stone. Pac has landed so many hard punches and Marg just keeps coming. This is the closest to a Rocky fight i've ever seen.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 09:35:31 PM »
Marg's face is destroyed. This is the type of fight that leaves guys brain dead or in a coma.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »
http://www.firstrow.net/webmaster/ppvhome.blogspot.com/36726/8/watch-boxing:-manny-pacquiao-vs-antonio-margarito.html

this works. Incredible fight. Marg is like fukin stone. Pac has landed so many hard punches and Marg just keeps coming. This is the closest to a Rocky fight i've ever seen.

Thanks!

Jesus Christ...this is what boxing is all about... 8)...Manny is an icon...modern day Ali...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 09:40:47 PM »
Marg's face is destroyed. This is the type of fight that leaves guys brain dead or in a coma.

Good.

Now his Parkinson's mocking will be all the more authentic. 

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Pac Mos?
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 09:40:58 PM »
Pac is crushing him