Author Topic: "I want to see Bones Jones vs Velasquez"  (Read 2205 times)

James

"I want to see Bones Jones vs Velasquez"
« on: November 13, 2010, 07:22:50 AM »
"I want to see Bones Jones vs Velasquez" - Joe Rogan

Go to 3;20

Bones Jones should eventually end up at heavyweight. Anyone else think that would be a great fight?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: "I want to see Bones Jones vs Velasquez"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »
I dont want to see him at HW-- wtf!?

I like Rogan, but Jones can be the greatest 205lb fighter to ever live if he reaches his potential. At HW I do not think he will be as effective and to be honest, theres nobody at HW I would even want to see him fight except a guy like JDS. A much more obvious match up is Anderson Silva at 205, Shogun at 205, Machida at 205, Vitor, Rampage, Rashad, and first and foremost Ryan Bader-- who I think should fight him next.

Maybe Rogan said it because Jones refuses to ever fight Rashad ( which is fucking gay ) under any circumstances-- but other than that, why would a young star who has destroyed everyone he's faced in his weight class jump ship?

James

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:42:14 PM »
I dont want to see him at HW-- wtf!?

I like Rogan, but Jones can be the greatest 205lb fighter to ever live if he reaches his potential. At HW I do not think he will be as effective and to be honest, theres nobody at HW I would even want to see him fight except a guy like JDS. A much more obvious match up is Anderson Silva at 205, Shogun at 205, Machida at 205, Vitor, Rampage, Rashad, and first and foremost Ryan Bader-- who I think should fight him next.

Maybe Rogan said it because Jones refuses to ever fight Rashad ( which is fucking gay ) under any circumstances-- but other than that, why would a young star who has destroyed everyone he's faced in his weight class jump ship?

He might eventually have problems making weight at 205. I think that was what Joe was eluding to about him "growing".  If and when that happens, it would make for some interesting fights.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 11:52:33 PM »
Maybe he should actually win the 205 title first,  Joe Rogan's dealer must be spiking his shit. 

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 04:13:53 AM »
I will say this, I met Jon Jones in NYC a few months ago and in addition to being pretty tall he's much thicker than he looks on TV. I was shocked that he could get down to LHW. He's a young guy still; I don't see him making 205 forever. I mean look at his brothers who play football. One is like 290 the other is like 250. They're very big guys.

James

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 06:25:21 AM »
I will say this, I met Jon Jones in NYC a few months ago and in addition to being pretty tall he's much thicker than he looks on TV. I was shocked that he could get down to LHW. He's a young guy still; I don't see him making 205 forever. I mean look at his brothers who play football. One is like 290 the other is like 250. They're very big guys.

Isn't he like 6'4 or 6'5 ?

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 12:50:37 PM »
Not sure exactly. I'm 5'10 and he was a lot taller than me so I would say that's about right.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 10:00:36 PM »
Rogan is a company man. He talks about Bones going into the Heavies so he'll stay away from Anderson Silva. Silva will never be a heavy weight. We can all say that. And if they can pump enough hormones into Bones, the Silva/Bones fight will never happen.  Because if it did, Bones would destroy him. And "they" don't want that.