Author Topic: OH MY GOD PACQUIAO VS. MARGARITO WAS AMAZING  (Read 9933 times)

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
Re: OH MY GOD PACQUIAO VS. MARGARITO WAS AMAZING
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 12:37:53 PM »
If Hearn's trainer is saying this don't you believe Pacman would beat Hearns?

He also trained Lennox Lewis, You think Manny would beat Lewis?

Tommy Hearns was a six foot 1 guy who eventually fought at cruiser. Who had huge punching power and was faster than Manny.

He outboxed Ray Leonard and one punched Roberto fucking Duran. A guy that is typically in everyones top 15 list all time.

Absolutley awful style matchup for Manny, he was getting hit by guys like Margherito and Cotto and hurt, he was outboxed by Morales and Marquez, you really think he would have anything for Hearns?

Lets see how Manny does against a skillfull boxer becasue all he has been fighting recently are slow come forward brawlers.

Hearns would fuck up Floyd as well.

If Manny beats Floyd i would have him top 15, p4p he may be better than Tommy at the end of his career but p4p doesn't mean anything in the ring. The same way Robinson is p4p better than Tyson but if they fought he would be in hospital in about 20 seconds.

Trans Milkshake.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 12:48:40 PM »

He also trained Lennox Lewis, You think Manny would beat Lewis?

Tommy Hearns was a six foot 1 guy who eventually fought at cruiser. Who had huge punching power and was faster than Manny.

He outboxed Ray Leonard and one punched Roberto fucking Duran. A guy that is typically in everyones top 15 list all time.

Absolutley awful style matchup for Manny, he was getting hit by guys like Margherito and Cotto and hurt, he was outboxed by Morales and Marquez, you really think he would have anything for Hearns?

Lets see how Manny does against a skillfull boxer becasue all he has been fighting recently are slow come forward brawlers.

Hearns would fuck up Floyd as well.

If Manny beats Floyd i would have him top 15, p4p he may be better than Tommy at the end of his career but p4p doesn't mean anything in the ring. The same way Robinson is p4p better than Tyson but if they fought he would be in hospital in about 20 seconds.

Cotto didn't hurt Pacman and Cotto is a good technical fighter.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2010, 12:56:41 PM »
Cotto didn't hurt Pacman and Cotto is a good technical fighter.

He stunned him in round three. No big deal, he recovered quickly. Point being that Cotto's power and speed isn't even in the same universe as Hearns.

Cotto is a decent boxer, what he isn't is a Leonard, Hearns, Duran, level boxer.

I was just pointing out that Manny possibly being beaten by a few ATG's doesn't impact upon his greatness as a fighter as another poster suggested.

Styles make fights.
Trans Milkshake.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 12:30:09 PM »
If Hearn's trainer is saying this don't you believe Pacman would beat Hearns?

hearns has basically 1 lost to SRL under 160.  here is hearns at super welterweight:

mayfeather or punyman vs hearns  ::)

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2010, 12:40:29 PM »
Some of you fucknuts are funny!! Talking about how pacman fought has beens and isn't legit. While you are at, like onlyme saids, he's laughing all the way to the bank with 8 titles and all of you are just a bunch of losers behind a computer screen arguing how he'll get beat by this guy or that guy ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 12:42:12 PM »
I'd use either of these guys as a warm-up on seated military presses....... ;D

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 12:44:46 PM »
hearns has basically 1 lost to SRL under 160.  here is hearns at super welterweight:

mayfeather or punyman vs hearns  ::)
uhhh Hagler destroyed Hearns ...
L

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 12:46:31 PM »

WTF does a top three middleweight of all time have to do with Manny?
Trans Milkshake.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 12:46:56 PM »
Some of you fucknuts are funny!! Talking about how pacman fought has beens and isn't legit. While you are at, like onlyme saids, he's laughing all the way to the bank with 8 titles and all of you are just a bunch of losers behind a computer screen arguing how he'll get beat by this guy or that guy ::)

what the fuck are you writing about?  opinions and debates go hand in hand. isnt that what this board is about?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010, 12:48:08 PM »

at middle weight dumbass.  didnt i say he was better than anyone but Leonard below 160?  thanks.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2010, 01:51:04 PM »
Oh yeah? What grip would you use there stud? Reverse ballgrip?:D (no fantasy)

;D

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »
Pacman also won 4 lineal championships.
Not just 8 belts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lineal_championship

Manny Pacquiao is the only boxer who is credited with lineal championships in four different weight classes (flyweight, featherweight, junior lightweight, and junior welterweight) by Cyber Boxing Zone[8][12] and BoxingScene.com.[13] This has been reported by ESPN,[14] CNN Sports Illustrated,[15] and The Ring.[13] Additionally, Pacquiao has held three Ring titles.[13]

Mayweather will never fight him.
He is too quick and unorthodox.

I don't know if Pacman can go back down in weight.
Most guys can't,
Roy Jones lost all of his speed going up, now he is a punching bag at light heavy.

Pacman isn't a legit light middle weight.

He is best at light welter.
Z

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2010, 02:24:23 PM »
Pacman also won 4 lineal championships.
Not just 8 belts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lineal_championship

Manny Pacquiao is the only boxer who is credited with lineal championships in four different weight classes (flyweight, featherweight, junior lightweight, and junior welterweight) by Cyber Boxing Zone[8][12] and BoxingScene.com.[13] This has been reported by ESPN,[14] CNN Sports Illustrated,[15] and The Ring.[13] Additionally, Pacquiao has held three Ring titles.[13]

Mayweather will never fight him.
He is too quick and unorthodox.

I don't know if Pacman can go back down in weight.
Most guys can't,
Roy Jones lost all of his speed going up, now he is a punching bag at light heavy.

Pacman isn't a legit light middle weight.

He is best at light welter.

there's no question pac is a legit sub-superlightweight fighter but his opponents have been hand picked 144 or so and up.  how the fuck do you explain him fighting for a belt with a guy coming off suspension and a major knockout, and the fight being sold as legit?  he skipped through welterweights without a unification fight vs one of the champs. same with mayfeather not fighting the best during his generation. 

and i dont see him fighting mosley who can still rock you with his right...given he buckled FMW's knees at least 2-3 times in their fight.

if there is a vacated middleweight belt and roach and arum can set up a tomato can...he'll fight for #9 at a catch weight and pick a defensive fighter like clottie.  they wont touch the winner of the martinez or williams fight at 152-154.  shit...williams can still diet down to 144 which is amazing.

anyway...that's present day boxing for you.   

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2010, 02:47:33 PM »
there's no question pac is a legit sub-superlightweight fighter but his opponents have been hand picked 144 or so and up.  how the fuck do you explain him fighting for a belt with a guy coming off suspension and a major knockout, and the fight being sold as legit?  he skipped through welterweights without a unification fight vs one of the champs. same with mayfeather not fighting the best during his generation. 

and i dont see him fighting mosley who can still rock you with his right...given he buckled FMW's knees at least 2-3 times in their fight.

if there is a vacated middleweight belt and roach and arum can set up a tomato can...he'll fight for #9 at a catch weight and pick a defensive fighter like clottie.  they wont touch the winner of the martinez or williams fight at 152-154.  shit...williams can still diet down to 144 which is amazing.

anyway...that's present day boxing for you.   

All fighters at the top level fight hand picked.

It has been this way forever.

No doubt that he wouldn't fight Williams.

But FMW isn't a legit light middle either.

Th ebest fight would be PAC and Mayweather at light Welterweight.

This fight will not happen.

So who does Pacman face.
It is a real stretch for him to fight above Welterweight, yet there is no real competition for him at that weight, maybe Berto, but Pacquiao's speed would more than make up for the weight of Berto. Also Mayweather holds the lineal championship so there would be little interest unless Mayweather is stripped, which could happen sooner then later.
Z

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2010, 03:25:41 PM »
at middle weight dumbass.  didnt i say he was better than anyone but Leonard below 160?  thanks.
The difference between Manny and Hearns is that Hearns was basically a cruiserweight  fighting welters, Manny is a LW fighting welters totally different frames.
BTW Hearns was my favorite fighter from the 80's.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2010, 03:43:09 PM »

So who does Pacman face.
It is a real stretch for him to fight above Welterweight, yet there is no real competition for him at that weight, maybe Berto, but Pacquiao's speed would more than make up for the weight of Berto. Also Mayweather holds the lineal championship so there would be little interest unless Mayweather is stripped, which could happen sooner then later.

too offensive like mosley...so roach and arum wont touch that fight. WBA and IFB champs are also offensive and punchers.   and no...it hasnt always been that way.  the old school guys fought and unified belts.   

Oscar - Old
Cotto - I give credit for this win but Cotto takes head shots to get his body blows...so still made for manny
Clottie - defensive
Hatton - Small Chin First
Marg -  ::)

I give FMW credit for mosley. he took some good shots and dominated the fight....given people though it would be competitive.

I'm aware Che but it's still about making weight...and hearns made weight at 145...just like williams...who FMW and manny wont touch.  remember roach said mosley was too big...so where the hell does a bigger marg come from?  i think he meant too fast and offensive with good power in his right.

anyway...that's boxing for you today. 

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2010, 03:59:04 PM »
too offensive like mosley...so roach and arum wont touch that fight. WBA and IFB champs are also offensive and punchers.   and no...it hasnt always been that way.  the old school guys fought and unified belts.   

Oscar - Old
Cotto - I give credit for this win but Cotto takes head shots to get his body blows...so still made for manny
Clottie - defensive
Hatton - Small Chin First
Marg -  ::)

I give FMW credit for mosley. he took some good shots and dominated the fight....given people though it would be competitive.

I'm aware Che but it's still about making weight...and hearns made weight at 145...just like williams...who FMW and manny wont touch.  remember roach said mosley was too big...so where the hell does a bigger marg come from?  i think he meant too fast and offensive with good power in his right.

anyway...that's boxing for you today. 
Mosley is 12 years past his prime .

Forget about belts /titles, ifs ,ors, buts  ......etc .  Manny is one of the best boxer of all time

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2010, 04:06:50 PM »
Boxing sucks, the cage is where its at

x2

boxing hasn't been good since early 90's

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2010, 04:10:27 PM »
thomas hearns at 6'1" started at 142, could have won belts up to cruiser weight if he had fought all the tomatoes of each division.

i guess that doesnt work when you fight the best a weight class has to offer.

paul willaims is the best at 147-152 with andre berto and couple of others. 

and flexb...i'd say cotto was the best manny fought.  clottie was too defensive, cant get off.  that fight was a give me and arum knew it.
Couldnt' agree more.  Manny hasn't fought anyone in their prime.  If Floyd fought Margarito after being anihalated by Mosley and out of boxing for 2 yrs, the media and all these Manny fans would be all over him. Instead, Manny is being called one of the greatest of all time  ::)

FMW hasn't fought the best?  He destroyed Corales (rip) in his prime. Fought Castillo twice and schooled him in the 2nd fight, IN HIS PRIME. If a light punching Clotty & margarito hurt Manny, imagine what Corales would've done.  His 8 belts is not the same as Leonard's 5 or Whitakers 5 or Jones 5 or whatever.  They fought the best that was out there.

Gretaest since Ali and Robinson ??? ???  I respect Steward but wtf.  If he goes out and beat Floyd, Berto, Williams, even Mosley the way he's beaten his last few opponents then I can understand the comparison.  For now, his name don't belong in the same conversation as Hagler, Hearns, Jones, Whitaker, Chavez, Leonard, Duran, Mosley, etc

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2010, 04:15:31 PM »
Couldnt' agree more.  Manny hasn't fought anyone in their prime.  If Floyd fought Margarito after being anihalated by Mosley and out of boxing for 2 yrs, the media and all these Manny fans would be all over him. Instead, Manny is being called one of the greatest of all time  ::)

FMW hasn't fought the best?  He destroyed Corales (rip) in his prime. Fought Castillo twice and schooled him in the 2nd fight, IN HIS PRIME. If a light punching Clotty & margarito hurt Manny, imagine what Corales would've done.  His 8 belts is not the same as Leonard's 5 or Whitakers 5 or Jones 5 or whatever.  They fought the best that was out there.

Gretaest since Ali and Robinson ??? ???  I respect Steward but wtf.  If he goes out and beat Floyd, Berto, Williams, even Mosley the way he's beaten his last few opponents then I can understand the comparison.  For now, his name don't belong in the same conversation as Hagler, Hearns, Jones, Whitaker, Chavez, Leonard, Duran, Mosley, etc

::)

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »
Mosley is 12 years past his prime .

Forget about belts /titles, ifs ,ors, buts  ......etc .  Manny is one of the best boxer of all time
That was a contradiction.  Mosley is 12yrs past his prime BUT he annihilated Maragarito 2 yrs ago, (10 yrs past his prime ;D). The same guy that Pacman beat a few days ago that got him this acclaim as best of all time.  To be considered the best shouldn't you have to beat the best?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2010, 04:33:22 PM »
That was a contradiction.  Mosley is 12yrs past his prime BUT he annihilated Maragarito 2 yrs ago, (10 yrs past his prime ;D). The same guy that Pacman beat a few days ago that got him this acclaim as best of all time.  To be considered the best shouldn't you have to beat the best?

The best doesn't want to fight him.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2010, 04:47:32 PM »
dude has went up how many weight classes?...And now people wanna talk shit because he might not go up more to fight williams oh brother talk about some butt hurt fan boys clinging to there past hero's of yester year...

that's like people calling GSP a pussy because he wont go up enough in weight to fight brock lesner..please...

manny is a legit 135lbs fighter that has stretched himself to the limit weight wise yet you have your know it alls that wanna talk shit & wont ever be satisfied....

Pacman if not the best is top 3-5 of all time put that in your pipe and smoke it then put your lips around my dick and choke it...
DAWG

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »
dude has went up how many weight classes?...And now people wanna talk shit because he might not go up more to fight williams oh brother talk about some butt hurt fan boys clinging to there past hero's of yester year...

that's like people calling GSP a pussy because he wont go up enough in weight to fight brock lesner..please...

manny is a legit 135lbs fighter that has stretched himself to the limit weight wise yet you have your know it alls that wanna talk shit & wont ever be satisfied....

Pacman if not the best is top 3-5 of all time put that in your pipe and smoke it then put your lips around my dick and choke it...

Exactly , what they don't get is that Manny started as a  Flyweight (112lbs ) they want Manny to fight Martinez /Williams these guys walk around 175/180lbs what is next ,Andre Ward ,Klitchskos   ::).

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2010, 05:02:22 PM »
Exactly , what they don't get is that Manny started as a  Flyweight (112lbs ) they want Manny to fight Martinez /Williams these guys walk around 175/180lbs what is next ,Andre Ward ,Klitchskos   ::).

right on man...It never stops some people are never satisfied...dude is a living legend but oh oh he wont go up to fight williams...give me a fuckin break already...
DAWG