Author Topic: Big Vic Richards  (Read 13230 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Big Vic Richards
« on: November 14, 2010, 05:21:43 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
Re: Big Vic Richards
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 06:39:58 AM »
I started training shoulders with standing barbel and it's working well for me, 3 sets behind the neck and 3 for front.

Quality threads ND, thanks!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 06:40:25 AM »
 I never understood why he didnt compete, and what kept him motivated to train if he wasnt going to. Why would would he do all the training and roids of course just to walk around big? I'm sure he got some money out of endorsements and guest posing and such but damn he could of won the Mr O bringing him even more money....anyway.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 06:50:28 AM »
Vic Richards was also a renowned homosexual.

In that interview, when he says that bodybuilders should "lift each other up" it truly meant that they should do so through intercourse.  In his native dialect, "lifting each other up" means having sex with each other.

"1"

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 07:12:29 AM »
Wonder what the dude looks like these days. Any pics?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 07:38:39 AM »
I never understood why he didnt compete, and what kept him motivated to train if he wasnt going to. Why would would he do all the training and roids of course just to walk around big? I'm sure he got some money out of endorsements and guest posing and such but damn he could of won the Mr O bringing him even more money....anyway.

dude, there are tons of guys who juice that have no intention of ever competing. guys with really good physiques. the main reason being for their own sense of accomplishment. has nothing to do with competing against anyone but yourself.
b

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 07:43:43 AM »
He's a lying ass Nigerian...24 inch arms ::), 32 inch thighs ::)...He's nowhere near that in that video...Let's not forget the 10k calories...

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 07:52:41 AM »
He's a lying ass Nigerian...24 inch arms ::), 32 inch thighs ::)...He's nowhere near that in that video...Let's not forget the 10k calories...
LMFAO!

pot meets kettle.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 07:58:53 AM »
LMFAO!

pot meets kettle.

What exactly have I ever lied about?  And I'm damn sure not a fucking lying, scheming Nigerian.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 08:04:39 AM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 08:09:43 AM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 08:20:22 AM »
Vic Richards was also a renowned homosexual.

In that interview, when he says that bodybuilders should "lift each other up" it truly meant that they should do so through intercourse.  In his native dialect, "lifting each other up" means having sex with each other.

"1"
Yeah, ok One, is this a case of desire vs reality?

And Wiggs, Flex never competed at 235 as a amatuer, yet they have that stats, and he never had 23 inch arms like he told Arnold...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 08:25:56 AM »

It wasn't 10K it was 30K !!  :-X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 08:35:11 AM »
It wasn't 10K it was 30K !!  :-X

lol....Even worse....

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 08:47:29 AM »
dude, there are tons of guys who juice that have no intention of ever competing. guys with really good physiques. the main reason being for their own sense of accomplishment. has nothing to do with competing against anyone but yourself.
I gotta say BS on this one, that's true for guys who go to the beach and want a six pack. Vic was very smart and know his appeal was his size. The hardest part of comp is the diet,  he's never been in competition shape, was very narrow in the lats, look at any pics when he picked his arms up.  Anyone who thought Vic would've won the O has never seen his back.  As good as his front was is a bad as his back was.  That video of him posing with Dorian, Dillette, Baker, Lenda and a few otheres were amazing.  It showed how big he was, dwarfing all of those guys. Those guys were close to contest condition and he was fully offseason.  I'm a huge fan of vic richards size but we need to keep it in perspective. If Dennis James never competed ppl would be saying the same thing about him from those gym pics he'd post

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 08:55:53 AM »
I gotta say BS on this one, that's true for guys who go to the beach and want a six pack. Vic was very smart and know his appeal was his size. The hardest part of comp is the diet,  he's never been in competition shape, was very narrow in the lats, look at any pics when he picked his arms up.  Anyone who thought Vic would've won the O has never seen his back.  As good as his front was is a bad as his back was.  That video of him posing with Dorian, Dillette, Baker, Lenda and a few otheres were amazing.  It showed how big he was, dwarfing all of those guys. Those guys were close to contest condition and he was fully offseason.   I'm a huge fan of vic richards size but we need to keep it in perspective. If Dennis James never competed ppl would be saying the same thing about him from those gym pics he'd post
All were offseason, as it was at FIBO. WHich is I blieve mid year, the Olympia was months away.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 09:01:16 AM »
Victor could easily have competed alongside the big guys of the day in terms of pure size, Dorian and Dillett to name a few, but when it came to conditioning and getting cut, he never pushed himself and used it as an excuse not to compete - he knew he would never beat Yates in a million years and so decided to spend his time hyping himself up through the magazines instead with his bullshit 30,000 calories a day claims etc, getting everyone to ask "what if?". Personally, I don't think he would have even cracked the posedown in a single Mr O in the 1990s if he had competed.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 09:09:49 AM »
All were offseason, as it was at FIBO. WHich is I blieve mid year, the Olympia was months away.
No, Strydom was in very good condition, I think the WWF show was wks away or wks before and he held his condition, same with Baker. Dillette was wks away from the Arnold and was in good shape.  Dorian was totally offseason.
The other thing parker, Vic's offseason is much more off that The other guys being that they were always months or wks away from a show.  Vic didn't compete so he could just eat and constantly get big.  Again, i'm a fan of Vic, i jsut don't get the O predictions, he wouldn't hv beaten Haney, Dorian or Ronnie

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 09:09:58 AM »
Victor could easily have competed alongside the big guys of the day in terms of pure size, Dorian and Dillett to name a few, but when it came to conditioning and getting cut, he never pushed himself and used it as an excuse not to compete - he knew he would never beat Yates in a million years and so decided to spend his time hyping himself up through the magazines instead with his bullshit 30,000 calories a day claims etc, getting everyone to ask "what if?". Personally, I don't think he would have even cracked the posedown in a single Mr O in the 1990s if he had competed.
I blieve that story was printed in Flex magazine about the 10K calories. He had said he went home and ate Nigerian food which is high in colories, and he guessed it could have been 10, nowhere did he said exactly 10k. If you say that clip of the NFL lineman practicing Senegalese wrestling, and you saw the dude from the Wolof ethnic group, you'll notice that those mouthafvkers are HUGE, muscular, big strapping NEgroes, but they have that thick skin. Like Vic Richards does, those of hat thick skin find it hard to diet down, not impossible, but it is easier for those of Jojo Ntiforo ethnic group, who look better lighter.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 09:10:53 AM »
X 1000. 

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 09:11:40 AM »
Was Vic a monster? Sure.  Although some of his claims are a little outlandish and the stuff of 'BBing myth', he certainly was pro size. 30,000 cals a day is total bollocks - 10,000 cals ED is doable but would seriously fuck up your body, I know of some people who have ruined their metabolic rate from gross overeating for prolonged periods.

However he wouldn't have dwarfed anybody on stage, gym shots and stage shots are two totally different things.  The DJ point illustrates this perfectly.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 09:13:06 AM »
No, Strydom was in very good condition, I think the WWF show was wks away or wks before and he held his condition, same with Baker. Dillette was wks away from the Arnold and was in good shape.  Dorian was totally offseason.
The other thing parker, Vic's offseason is much more off that The other guys being that they were always months or wks away from a show.  Vic didn't compete so he could just eat and constantly get big.  Again, i'm a fan of Vic, i jsut don't get the O predictions, he wouldn't hv beaten Haney, Dorian or Ronnie
I should say, all that matter, Strydom didn't matter---and remember you said Dorian was offseason and who was Vic stood nect to? Now, I do agree his back needed work

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 10:28:54 AM »
I gotta say BS on this one, that's true for guys who go to the beach and want a six pack. Vic was very smart and know his appeal was his size. The hardest part of comp is the diet,  he's never been in competition shape, was very narrow in the lats, look at any pics when he picked his arms up.  Anyone who thought Vic would've won the O has never seen his back.  As good as his front was is a bad as his back was.  That video of him posing with Dorian, Dillette, Baker, Lenda and a few otheres were amazing.  It showed how big he was, dwarfing all of those guys. Those guys were close to contest condition and he was fully offseason.  I'm a huge fan of vic richards size but we need to keep it in perspective. If Dennis James never competed ppl would be saying the same thing about him from those gym pics he'd post

Great analysis of the Victor Richards appeal and bigger then life "myth making" .
If he never fully dieted down and got on a pro stage he would never disapoint anyone.
No matter how good he looked if he had competed in a pro show, it would have never been as good as the myth and legend was.
The myth and fantasy persona was bigger then life and reality.

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2010, 10:43:23 AM »
Vic Richards was a walking water Tank

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 11:44:03 AM »
He had huge calves though...and they were high