Author Topic: The TSA are the airport - are they really serious?  (Read 51692 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The TSA are the airport - are they really serious?
« on: November 14, 2010, 10:22:10 PM »

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: The TSA are the airport - are they really serious?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 06:21:29 AM »
pity bump

:D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »
nANNY STATE CRAP. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 06:37:19 PM »
Please sticky this thread Ron.  Thanks.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 06:46:35 PM »
wow

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 06:55:25 PM »
Please sticky this thread Ron.  Thanks.

x2

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 01:23:13 AM »
Here's a recent interview on this case:

There's only one error in the video.  One of the Fox guys says that the upcoming Opt Out day is asking people to opt out of full body scans and demand to be strip searched.  That's not true, they're asking people to opt out and go through the enhanced Pat down and to make sure it's done in public view so others can see the invasion it is.

http://www.optoutday.com/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 05:24:00 AM »
People should hol their gas and fart in the faces of these goons. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 06:50:39 AM »
People should hol their gas and fart in the faces of these goons. 
LOL, eat some refried beans, yogurt, a few jalapeno poppers and wash it down with a protein shake and chase it with a beer... three hours later, show up in line and take the patdown with a big smile... 3... 2... 1... let loose ;D

PFFFFFFFFFFTTT.... TOOT PFFFFFTTT.. AHHHH...

oh, I'm soooooo sorry.... my bad... :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 06:55:23 AM »
LOL, eat some refried beans, yogurt, a few jalapeno poppers and wash it down with a protein shake and chase it with a beer... three hours later, show up in line and take the patdown with a big smile... 3... 2... 1... let loose ;D

PFFFFFFFFFFTTT.... TOOT PFFFFFTTT.. AHHHH...

oh, I'm soooooo sorry.... my bad... :D

After what i went through the day after going out with my boys to BWW on Sat. night to watch the fight - ddddaaammmnnnn - that's what I would do. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 07:04:00 AM »
After what i went through the day after going out with my boys to BWW on Sat. night to watch the fight - ddddaaammmnnnn - that's what I would do.  
tell your story please.

I just got done reading about plans to place the mobile backscatter vans at football games to scan cars coming in and they're trying to figure out how they can set up full body scans that will work fast enough to keep up with people entering the stadium.

It's like that scene out of Total Recall where everyone is walking in front of the X-Ray scanner but they're actually wanting to do it lol...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 07:05:55 AM »
tell your story please.

I just got done reading about plans to place the mobile backscatter vans at football games to scan cars coming in and they're trying to figure out how they can set up full body scans that will work fast enough to keep up with people entering the stadium.

It's like that scene out of Total Recall where everyone is walking in front of the X-Ray scanner but they're actually wanting to do it lol...

Buffalo Wild Wings boneless wings plus their gas filled draft beer will induce massive gas. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 07:14:34 AM »
Buffalo Wild Wings boneless wings plus their gas filled draft beer will induce massive gas. 
LOLOL... I though you were talking about some random checkpoint crap or something.... sorry haha ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 07:16:09 AM »
Instead of a national opt out day, I propose a national gas them in the face day ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 07:16:42 AM »
Instead of a national opt out day, I propose a national gas them in the face day ;D

Or how about take a shit on the floor day in front of these people? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 07:23:47 AM »
Or how about take a shit on the floor day in front of these people? 
dude, I think they might bust you for that lol...  Ass gas they'll have a hard time getting a civil suit against you on that... Although I would pay good money to see that trial lol...

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 04:11:18 PM »
They want your phones now.

http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/charge-your-phone-before-flying-powerless-devices-will-not-be-permitted-onboard-the-aircraft

Your cell phone can now be confiscated at airport security

Having a low cell phone battery at the airport is bad enough; outlet hogs are just one of the awful people getting on a plane. But now you'll have to worry about your battery being charged for a different reason -- because if your phone doesn't turn on, the Department of Homeland Security will confiscate it.

According to a DHS statement announcing the change last week, passengers flying on non-stop routes to the US from select airports abroad may be asked to "power up some devices, including cell phones", adding that "powerless devices will not be permitted onboard the aircraft".

In particular, officials are targeting Apple iPhones and Samsung Galaxy devices, according to Reuters. So, you know, only the two most popular phones out there.

The order came from DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson, who confirmed he "directed TSA to implement enhanced security measures in the coming days at certain overseas airports with direct flights to the United States". According to Secretary Johnson's statement, the DHS is liaising with "foreign allies" and airlines, and "will work to ensure these necessary steps pose as few disruptions to travelers as possible".

The reinforced security checks reportedly come in response to an alleged terrorist threat, the details of which are unknown, as well as intelligence that suggests bombs involving cell phones and shoes are being made by terrorists in Yemen and Syria.

Thus far, overseas airport to officially comply with this new rule are London's Heathrow Airport and Manchester Airport, while British Airways passengers will also have their powerless electronics denied. According to the BBC, the UK, Germany, and France have said they will meet the requirement.

To avoid getting booted off your flight, carry a charger wherever you go -- and maybe rethink that second game of Candy Crush on the way to the airport.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 04:38:19 PM »
I have been to the US a few times, the TSA agents are always black or Mexican? why is that.

UnholyAlliance

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 06:34:19 PM »
nANNY STATE CRAP. 

Truth and fact. We have allowed ourselves to be so afraid that we gave up freedom for security

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 09:53:52 PM »
They seem very serious, going outta their way to FAIRLY and EQUALLY harass and generally fuck up air-travel for the country's least suspicious. Just not interested in stopping potential terrorists is all.