Author Topic: Poll: 4 in 5 Support Full-Body Airport Scanners  (Read 1953 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Poll: 4 in 5 Support Full-Body Airport Scanners
« on: November 16, 2010, 03:09:20 PM »
Source: CBS News

Americans have differing views on two potentially inconvenient and invasive practices that airports could implement to uncover potential terrorist attacks, a new CBS News poll shows. Americans overwhelmingly approve of the use of full-body digital x-ray machines - a new technology in use at some airports in the U.S. Most, meanwhile, do not approve of racial or ethnic profiling - a practice not in place.

In response to continued security threats, the Transportation and Security Administration recently began introducing full body scanners with more enhanced technology than past devices into airports nationwide. If a passenger refuses to pass through the new scanners, TSA agents are now allowed to conduct a very detailed, very personal, body search on that person.

Although some civil rights groups allege that they represent an unconstitutional invasion of privacy, Americans overwhelmingly agree that airports should use the digital x-ray machines to electronically screen passengers in airport security lines, according to the new poll. Eighty-one percent think airports should use these new machines -- including a majority of both men and women, Americans of all age groups, and Democrats, Republicans, and independents alike. Fifteen percent said airports should not use them.

-----

Most Americans do not think it would be justified for people of certain racial or ethnic groups to be subject to additional security checks at airport checkpoints. Fifty-two percent say no, while 37 percent say it would be justified.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20022876-503544....

i don't know what the big deal is ,unless you have a small peanut  :D :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Poll: 4 in 5 Support Full-Body Airport Scanners
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 03:15:31 PM »
4 in 5 probably don't fly much.   Make these same people have to go through scanners to get into wal mart And see what happens.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »
4 in 5 probably don't fly much.   Make these same people have to go through scanners to get into wal mart And see what happens.

;D
w

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 03:29:17 PM »

haha.....boom !!!

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 03:58:15 PM »
The big deal is that it is just another example of the government infringing on constitutional rights.

the 4th Amendment:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

That shit unreasonable to me, where is the probable cause?

As Benjamin Franklin said:
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

What other amendments do you think the government should just be able to shit all over?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Purge_WTF

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 04:29:10 PM »
  The title should be "4 in 5 Are Traitors."

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 04:32:57 PM »
The big deal is that it is just another example of the government infringing on constitutional rights.

the 4th Amendment:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

That shit unreasonable to me, where is the probable cause?

As Benjamin Franklin said:
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

What other amendments do you think the government should just be able to shit all over?

It's not only the rights issue, it's also a major safety concern.  Eventually someone is going to get skin cancer from one of these things.  I've already had skin cancer and have it in my family, I'm not going to go through that again.  They are no more a deterrent to terror than pat downs are so what's the point?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 04:36:35 PM »
It provides a false sense of security to the uninformed morlocks of American society
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 04:46:56 PM »
go though the pat down then, no big deal  :o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 04:52:19 PM »

Word.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 05:14:40 PM »
go though the pat down then, no big deal  :o

Why? What gives the TSA the right to trample my constitutional rights? It's people like you that have allowed the government to get away with as much shit as they have. If the constitution is no big deal to you, then I suggest you move somewhere that doesn't have the freedoms we do in the US for a while. At that point you might actually appreciate what the US constitution does for the American people
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 04:44:36 AM »
oookkkk tough guy refuse both, see where that gets you   :D :D :D :D

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 05:49:31 AM »
It provides a false sense of security to the uninformed morlocks of American society

Good point.

Was the world so much less safe in the 70's when no surveillance cameras or (almost) no security personel cruised every shopping mall, every public space, every airport?

I doubt it.

This whole 1984 society is making me sick.

It would be nice with a politician who would stand up and say that everything should be rolled back a few steps.

Huffington Post in general seems to support this view.

That's why I think it's beyond hilarious when they bash Rand Paul for wanting to roll back on military expenses.
As empty as paradise

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 05:55:58 AM »
indeed  ;)

There should be separate planes for those who refuse to go through scanners or be patted down. That way they can all be blown up together.
!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 06:04:35 AM »
indeed  ;)

There should be separate planes for those who refuse to go through scanners or be patted down. That way they can all be blown up together.

Benny and blacken are salivating over the day when a terrorist shoves a liquid bomb up their corn hole so in the future they themselves can spread their ass cheeks for the TSA, all in the name of security of course.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 07:33:03 AM »

What exactly is it going to get me? I have the constitution on my side the TSA can go pound sand up their ass
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 09:26:16 AM »

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 09:32:10 AM »
I think this is a beginning of many people refusing to go through those.  Soon it will be such an issue they will have to address it and hopefully we won't continue to trample our freedoms in the name of 'safety'  ::)   
Abandon every hope...

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 09:35:12 AM »
Banning muslimes from airplanes will also prevent them from blowing up....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 09:36:18 AM »
Banning muslimes from airplanes will also prevent them from blowing up....

Exactly - there has not been even one whie guy since 911 we have had an issue with on a plane.  Every sinle act of terror or attempted terro has all been from one demographic. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 10:04:55 AM »
Exactly - there has not been even one whie guy since 911 we have had an issue with on a plane.  Every sinle act of terror or attempted terro has all been from one demographic. 

You don't see how that is just as bad?  Wow.  Think about it for a second.  Both cases are an impingement on freedom and rights.  Rights we all share regardless of color or religious belief. 
Abandon every hope...

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 10:06:05 AM »
yas, but blowing other people up seems to be unique to one specific group.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 10:06:53 AM »
You don't see how that is just as bad?  Wow.  Think about it for a second.  Both cases are an impingement on freedom and rights.  Rights we all share regardless of color or religious belief. 

Absolutely not - grannies and white women with kids do not deserve to be harassed in this wy because we have to pc asnd scared to offend the muslim savages.  

Screw them - I would do like Israel does and blow these scumbags off the map myself if they allowed me.  

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 10:09:01 AM »
Absolutely not - grannies and white women with kids do not deserve to be harassed in this wy because we have to pc asnd scared to offend the muslim savages.  

Screw them - I would do like Israel does and blow these scumbags off the map myself if they allowed me.  

::)  So much for the constitution and rights then!
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 10:10:54 AM »
::)  So much for the constitution and rights then!

Tough for them, they ered the utter hatred and distrust of the restof the 95% of us. 

I would rather harrass them then subject everyone else tot his nonsense.