Author Topic: Soy and Gyno  (Read 2743 times)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
Soy and Gyno
« on: November 17, 2010, 01:42:04 AM »
does eating soya raise estrogen levels? ??? ??? ,I have been regularly eating soya chucks since 7 years, never felt till now but you never know in future ??? ???

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
Re: Soy and Gyno
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 04:29:53 AM »
Is Soya overrated by vegans?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 07:41:01 AM »
Soy is estrogenic.
I've never felt that small amounts here & there have any kind of devastating impact, but you probalby shouldn't rely on soy for a substantial portion of your total protein intake.

The net effect also depends a lot on your own body, as well as your overall eating habits.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 12:40:14 AM »
does eating soya raise estrogen levels? ??? ??? ,I have been regularly eating soya chucks since 7 years, never felt till now but you never know in future ??? ???

No, soy contains compounds called isoflavones that bind to estrogen, estradiol and progesterone receptors in Humans. Soy is pretty much the worst thing you can eat. Soy was never designed to be eaten. It doesen't want you to eat it. I will be writing a long article on soy. "Health conscious" people who eat soy and believe themselves to be healthier than people who eat processed foods with lots of additives and chemicals are delusional. I would rather eat nothing but pizza than soy.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

larry33

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 11:21:03 PM »
Soy has many very important health benefits.  And to get estrogen issues you really would have to consume high quantities.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 10:17:17 PM »
Soy has many very important health benefits.  And to get estrogen issues you really would have to consume high quantities.

Soy has very little good things in it, and these things can be easily obtained from other foods without the many negative things you get in soy. Soy has proteins that are feminizing and allergenic, and it also has polynsaturated fatty acids that increase oxidative stress and inflamation. Soy is worthless.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:36:34 AM »
Interesting!

Interested in Princess' input on this as well please.
R

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 03:17:04 PM »
the extent of my soy usage comes from soy sauce while eating sushi...

bench

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 07:07:25 PM »
the extent of my soy usage comes from soy sauce while eating sushi...

bench

A specific soy isoflavone decreases production of NGF(nerve growth factor), and that results in accelerated brain atrophy in the elderly. Whether this happens to youths who consume soy is unknown, but it is not worth risking it since once the cell is apoptotic, it is gone and not replaced.

Most of the isoflavones in soy are destroyed by the fermentation proces used to make teriyaki sauce, but this isoflavone seems to survive. I wouldn't recommend eating soy. Legumes were not made to be eaten. They don't want you to eat it. Therefore, they create tons of allergens and toxic compounds and protein to stop you from consuming. Soy creates isoflavones as a birth control to stop mammals from breeding and this increasng it's survival. That is why isoflavones have estrogen effects on the body.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 11:46:58 AM »
Soy has many very important health benefits.  And to get estrogen issues you really would have to consume high quantities.

Strongly disagree.

Interesting!

Interested in Princess' input on this as well please.

I'm not a fan of soy, but more-so for other reasons.  Namely that it's a GM and a RRP - ie; Genetically modified and a Roundup Ready plant.  SCARY!!!  Gotta start doing some research on soy lecithin which is in practically everything.  ::)  

Soy has been heavily marketed as a heath food by the soy industry - MONSANTO (evil company) who also conveniently makes Round Up.

If ya gotta have soy, go for organic, but then again, there's really no need.  Soy infant formula = BAD BAD BAD.

OT - When buying produce: Look at the little sticker.  If it is a 4-digit number, the food is conventionally produced.  If it is a 5-digit number beginning with an 8, it is GM. However, do not trust that GM foods will have a PLU identifying it as such, because PLU labeling is optional.  If it is a 5-digit number beginning with a 9, it is organic
:

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 12:13:22 PM »
Strongly disagree.

I'm not a fan of soy, but more-so for other reasons.  Namely that it's a GM and a RRP - ie; Genetically modified and a Roundup Ready plant.  SCARY!!!  Gotta start doing some research on soy lecithin which is in practically everything.  ::)  

Soy has been heavily marketed as a heath food by the soy industry - MONSANTO (evil company) who also conveniently makes Round Up.

If ya gotta have soy, go for organic, but then again, there's really no need.  Soy infant formula = BAD BAD BAD.

OT - When buying produce: Look at the little sticker.  If it is a 4-digit number, the food is conventionally produced.  If it is a 5-digit number beginning with an 8, it is GM. However, do not trust that GM foods will have a PLU identifying it as such, because PLU labeling is optional.  If it is a 5-digit number beginning with a 9, it is organic

Thanks for that info!
R

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 01:23:16 PM »

Two mercenary looking men wearing sun glasses will be knocking on your front door in the next couple of days!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 02:43:23 PM »
Two mercenary looking men wearing sun glasses will be knocking on your front door in the next couple of days!

I know!!!  ;D 

I'm gonna be looking over my shoulder for awhile  ;D
: