Author Topic: Some Undertaker news....  (Read 1397 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Some Undertaker news....
« on: November 17, 2010, 04:45:58 AM »
As most of you know by now, Shawn “HBK” Michaels returned to the road last week to promote ticket sales for WrestleMania XXVII in Atlanta, Georgia. Both he and Triple H made numerous public appearances throughout the city last week, with HBK addressing his current WWE status in interviews. Michaels said he was happy with his career and that he went out on top. He was asked to help promote the event since most of the top WWE stars were overseas touring. He obviously agreed to do so.

Company officials want to continue utilizing Michaels as they are hopeful he returns at the event to appear as a special guest referee for a match involving The Undertaker. Creative has a storyline in mind where Michaels would have the opportunity to gain revenge on The Deadman by ending his undefeated streak at WrestleMania. However, said plans are extremely tentative due to the SmackDown! star recently undergoing shoulder surgery. It’s said to be touch-and-go on whether he’ll be healthy enough to compete in a singles match at the event. I hate to burst everyones bubble but age and injuries have finally caught up with the dead man.

Creative has a worst-case scenario in place which would involve him teaming with Kane in a multi-man tag team match against The Nexus where he could be protected.

We’ll keep you posted but keep in mind plans will change numerous times between now and WrestleMania 27. Nothing is set in stone as of this writing.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
Re: Some Undertaker news....
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 04:52:07 AM »

It has to catch up with them.

Sad to hear it. Hope the Taker never loses at Wrestlemania. The dude has a legacy.

Few of the WWE stars have been able to make a career statement like this guy has.

:(
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 09:50:59 AM »
Not a bad idea I guess if he really can't go by then. I hope he retires soon for his own good. His streak is always one of the drawing points of WM too, so I'm guessing they get him on anyway possible.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 10:02:18 AM »
Just as I dislike “3-way dance” main events at Mania, I cringe at the prospect of a Taker-tag match - especially for his big coup de grace. 

If they have to, I suspect they will, but I would hope it is their absolute last possible alternative.
The way things sound now, there's a good likelihood it is.   

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 10:08:20 AM »
Yeah, It would be a letdown considering he's had 4 great WM matches in a row. IMO the best thing for everyone maybe to have him as a special attraction kind of thing. Hold him off for most of the year, and have him come back after the RR to set up for WM. He needs to have a match with Cena but after that, who is really left? Shawn is gone, he fought HHH, Kane...maybe Barrett or Sheamus if he lasts that long.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 10:31:50 AM »
Yeah, It would be a letdown considering he's had 4 great WM matches in a row. IMO the best thing for everyone maybe to have him as a special attraction kind of thing. Hold him off for most of the year, and have him come back after the RR to set up for WM. He needs to have a match with Cena but after that, who is really left? Shawn is gone, he fought HHH, Kane...maybe Barrett or Sheamus if he lasts that long.
Word was that Undertaker was going to start a fued with Sheamus and that would lead into WM. No one really knows for sure but time is against the Undertaker and if he is forced to miss WM, the question in mind is will his body be able to handle another year of bumps leading to next year's WM.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 10:35:03 AM »
The other thing is, would anyone think that Nexus would beat Kane and UT? The big draw of the streak obviously, is that it could end. No one would think that Michael whatever and Otunga would beat those guys, so why bother watching it?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 10:38:48 AM »
The other thing is, would anyone think that Nexus would beat Kane and UT? The big draw of the streak obviously, is that it could end. No one would think that Michael whatever and Otunga would beat those guys, so why bother watching it?
IMO Nexus needs to be dismembered. Its over, boring and tiresome now.

BRING BACK THE MODEL! AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....a rrogance!