Author Topic: well skyline sucked  (Read 10801 times)

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
Re: well skyline sucked
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 11:56:32 AM »
There seem to be a real dearth of movies in space with laser battles.

did lucas liek patent taht shti so people get sued ?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 11:56:46 AM »
I don't get how studios that rake in billions are always promotong social jsutice when they are the rich moguls who shoudl give their cash to the poor directly.

hilarious

Now and then we get blessed with truly epic movies -

The Departed
Shawkshawn redemption

Those kinda movies

Even if the (excample) the road was a truly awesome movie it doesn't have much rewatch value were for excample The departed or Big Lebowski has massive
rewatch value.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 11:58:51 AM »
Battle: Los Angeles... FUCK YEAH!  8)

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 12:00:27 PM »
Now and then we get blessed with truly epic movies -

The Departed
Shawkshawn redemption

Those kinda movies

Even if the (excample) the road was a truly awesome movie it doesn't have much rewatch value were for excample The departed or Big Lebowski has massive
rewatch value.
X2 it's not hard to make a descent movie. There are loads of alright movies. I'm just tired of films being made where nobody even gives a shit about being intelligent. I mean fuck how hard can it be. I swear half of these fucking movies wouldn't be watchable by anyone that can read. I love predator so I'm no fucking elitist, but fuck people with IQ's like DW should not be making fucking films.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 12:05:12 PM »
X2 it's not hard to make a descent movie. There are loads of alright movies. I'm just tired of films being made where nobody even gives a shit about being intelligent. I mean fuck how hard can it be. I swear half of these fucking movies wouldn't be watchable by anyone that can read. I love predator so I'm no fucking elitist, but fuck people with IQ's like DW should not be making fucking films.

but look man - over 80% of people don't want to be mentally stimulated - if you walk around in life you realize
pretty fucking quick that a lot of people aren't that smart.
Dumb movies make the most money - stuff like those vampire shit flicks.
I really love talking with people who understand what a good movie is - and the fun thing is even if tastes vary overall most
people that read a lot also agree on the basic principles what qualifies as a good movie and what doesn't.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 12:08:40 PM »
but look man - over 80% of people don't want to be mentally stimulated - if you walk around in life you realize
pretty fucking quick that a lot of people aren't that smart.
Dumb movies make the most money - stuff like those vampire shit flicks.
I really love talking with people who understand what a good movie is - and the fun thing is even if tastes vary overall most
people that read a lot also agree on the basic principles what qualifies as a good movie and what doesn't.
I understand that most people don't like to think, but that's why I like movies that don't force you to think like predator. Point is though at the end of the day, movies should have to pass inspection of being somewhat intelligent. Predator may be simple and have few dialogue, but' there's a qulaity to it. It's more than a bunch of guys in the woods, it's the pacing etc, movies can be fun and not overly thought out but at the end of the day, they should feel convincing.

The fifth element is a movie that's just a straight up popcorn flick, but they spend the moneywisely and have more than just explosions. Theses movies don't date.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »
los angeles

apologies if you were making some joke or something

You went to south bay AMC or the Rolling Hills one?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 12:13:35 PM »
I understand that most people don't like to think, but that's why I like movies that don't force you to think like predator. Point is though at the end of the day, movies should have to pass inspection of being somewhat intelligent. Predator may be simple and have few dialogue, but' there's a qulaity to it. It's more than a bunch of guys in the woods, it's the pacing etc, movies can be fun and not overly thought out but at the end of the day, they should feel convincing.

The fifth element is a movie that's just a straight up popcorn flick, but they spend the moneywisely and have more than just explosions. Theses movies don't date.

fifth element is epic,
Truly smart has a lot of smart scenes, same (and don't choke) Men in black One - was very very clever at times.
To make a truly epic movie that has no holes, the story is epic the acting is epic etc I am thinking LA confidential epic here is hard.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 12:16:46 PM »
fifth element is epic,
Truly smart has a lot of smart scenes, same (and don't choke) Men in black One - was very very clever at times.
To make a truly epic movie that has no holes, the story is epic the acting is epic etc I am thinking LA confidential epic here is hard.

Exactly maybe this is the profectionist in me but I'll like anything as long as there isn't any major wholes, or weaknesses. I mean just don't insult 20 percent of the audience is all I ask. These movies today are just fucking bullshit. But whatever.

I can watch some stupid ass shit, startrip troopers another gold movies, it's simple but  people took it seriously.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »
Skyline Chili FTW.....

;D

You got it! Haha
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »
Exactly maybe this is the profectionist in me but I'll like anything as long as there isn't any major wholes, or weaknesses. I mean just don't insult 20 percent of the audience is all I ask. These movies today are just fucking bullshit. But whatever.

I can watch some stupid ass shit, startrip troopers another gold movies, it's simple but  people took it seriously.

Starship troopers is made to look cheesy which makes it fun and smart again I like that and I get it and as long as you get it its fun.
But movies (I know they are cult now) but lets say somebody makes a movie like bloodsport, its so fucking cheesy its insulting my intelligence.
Thats what I hate if they overdue it with the emotions.

I don't get people that don't like the spanish movie the orphanage - but I also cannot stand these people that have to watch these really
artsy fartsy movies, the once that make no sense and you just walk out of them but than again maybe they are on a level that I don't understand
and they look down on me where I look down on the people that watch silvermoon or what ever the shit its called and find it super.

Edit: I'm also really fucking good predicting what happens in movies and its annoying if its too easy.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 12:28:31 PM »
Starship troopers is made to look cheesy which makes it fun and smart again I like that and I get it and as long as you get it its fun.
But movies (I know they are cult now) but lets say somebody makes a movie like bloodsport, its so fucking cheesy its insulting my intelligence.
Thats what I hate if they overdue it with the emotions.

I don't get people that don't like the spanish movie the orphanage - but I also cannot stand these people that have to watch these really
artsy fartsy movies, the once that make no sense and you just walk out of them but than again maybe they are on a level that I don't understand
and they look down on me where I look down on the people that watch silvermoon or what ever the shit its called and find it super.

Edit: I'm also really fucking good predicting what happens in movies and its annoying if its too easy.
The problem with liberal shit is that people who have no taste will like them because they themselves are too stupid to know the difference. I don't expect new ideas everytime I watch a movie the simple fact is I've watched to many to be easily pleased. However I cry when I see multi billion dollar budgets being spent on b movies.

I love the orignal alien movie (AVP sucks dick) ridley scott want's to make a prequel, however he can't get funding, meanwhile a thousand dumbass movies will come out between now and then.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 12:50:57 PM »
The problem with liberal shit is that people who have no taste will like them because they themselves are too stupid to know the difference. I don't expect new ideas everytime I watch a movie the simple fact is I've watched to many to be easily pleased. However I cry when I see multi billion dollar budgets being spent on b movies.

I love the orignal alien movie (AVP sucks dick) ridley scott want's to make a prequel, however he can't get funding, meanwhile a thousand dumbass movies will come out between now and then.

But sometimes you just love a movie for the acting alone - Like a recent one Inglorious Basterds, I didn't the story was great - but the acting
omg especially Col. Landa was awesome unbelievable awesome - I can rewatch this over and over again - I love it when you can see that they obviously
didnt stick to the script 100% but when the actors put their own character and idea in as well on the fly so to speak.
Just great and a lot of fun to watch.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 12:56:19 PM »
But sometimes you just love a movie for the acting alone - Like a recent one Inglorious Basterds, I didn't the story was great - but the acting
omg especially Col. Landa was awesome unbelievable awesome - I can rewatch this over and over again - I love it when you can see that they obviously
didnt stick to the script 100% but when the actors put their own character and idea in as well on the fly so to speak.
Just great and a lot of fun to watch.
Spose. I hate how scifi has been turned to fucking Bmovies. It was suppose to mean movies that were fucking smart, now it's just shit. Gattaca(1997) amazing fucking movie it's on youtube, it should be required watching to anyone that can think, but it never gets talked about.

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2010, 01:00:22 PM »
why is there never a movie about nazis winning ww2

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2010, 01:19:42 PM »
Spose. I hate how scifi has been turned to fucking Bmovies. It was suppose to mean movies that were fucking smart, now it's just shit. Gattaca(1997) amazing fucking movie it's on youtube, it should be required watching to anyone that can think, but it never gets talked about.

event horizon.. awesome love the darkness of the movie its evil.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2010, 01:20:33 PM »
why is there never a movie about nazis winning ww2

There are - one with Rurgar howard or what ever his name is - plays like 40 years after the germans have won the war

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 01:24:31 PM »
event horizon.. awesome love the darkness of the movie its evil.
Was pretty good however i rewatched it last month it's a bit dated. Sersiouly thought gattaca is fucking amazing. Most underated film of the 90's.

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »
I am waiting for a starship troopers in a medieval setting.  +where troop fighting would not have been replaced by nukes

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2010, 01:45:44 PM »
I am waiting for a starship troopers in a medieval setting.  +where troop fighting would not have been replaced by nukes

Alex your one dumb idiot.

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2010, 12:44:30 AM »
Did you finger this girl during the movie?

no

did hold on her tits tho

she loves that

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2010, 10:55:33 AM »
Well at least it wasn't the 2007 action packed movie REDLINE starring Kevin Levrone

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2010, 03:29:46 AM »
straight up

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.