Author Topic: Millionaire Tax Cuts  (Read 2476 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Millionaire Tax Cuts
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 02:16:52 PM »
So are you saying tax hikes create jobs?  If thats the case - Cali, NY, IL, and MI should have the best jobs climate no?  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 06:38:59 PM »
So are you saying tax hikes create jobs?  If thats the case - Cali, NY, IL, and MI should have the best jobs climate no?  

I didn't say tax hikes create jobs did I?

I said tax cuts don't create jobs

that's a proven fact

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 07:17:28 PM »
Do tax cuts alone directly create jobs? No.

As a piece of a broader, comprehensive plan? Yes.

Anyone that says, in broad terms, that tax cuts are bad or tax hikes on certain people etc etc and uses the "TAX CUTS DON'T CREATE JOBS" hysterical stupidness is totally missing the fucking point. Either because they are daft or just trying to be a drama queen.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 08:20:38 PM »
I thought Repubs like to pretend he inherited a recession from Clinton.

bottom line is that Bush gave out the biggest tax cut in history (to my recollection) to very high income earners and had almost no job growth to show for it.

If tax cuts = job growth then surely we'd see some of it in the numbers, especially since the economy was, as you say...BOOMING

What Kazan said is correct, the unemployment rate under Bush was very low, meaning most everyone that wanted to work had a job...you can't experience job growth when you don't need it. So you're right, there wasn't massive job growth under Bush, why? People already had jobs.

Why so many can't understand something so simple is the most confusing thing of all.