Author Topic: Palin: "Michelle Obama's views are a result of listening to anti-white rants"  (Read 2719 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Sarah Palin Slams Michelle Obama in Racially Charged Passage From New Book
diggfacebook Twitter stumble reddit del.ico.us

Read More: Geoffrey Dunn , Michelle Obama , President Barack Obama , President Obama , Racism , Sarah Palin , Sarah Palin America By Heart , Politics News

www.huffingtonpost.com

________________________ ______________

In passages leaked from her forthcoming book America by Heart, Sarah Palin -- the erstwhile quitter governor of Alaska, who now, by all indications, fancies herself as President of the United States -- has taken another cheap shot at First Lady Michelle Obama.

In a passage on perceptions of racial inequality in the United States, Palin slams President Barack Obama, who, she asserts, "seems to believe" that "America -- at least America as it currently exists -- is a fundamentally unjust and unequal country."

And then she goes after Michelle Obama:

Certainly his wife expressed this view when she said during the 2008 campaign that she had never felt proud of her country until her husband started winning elections. In retrospect, I guess this shouldn't surprise us, since both of them spent almost two decades in the pews of the Reverend Jeremiah Wright's church listening to his rants against America and white people.

The passage -- coming on page 26 in a chapter entitled "We, the People" -- echoes remarks made by Palin on the eve of the midterm elections, at a rally in San Jose, California, at which point she mocked remarks made by Michelle Obama during the 2008 campaign: "You know, when I hear people say, or had said during the campaign that they've never been proud of America," Palin spat out. "Haven't they met anybody in uniform yet? I get tears in my eyes when I see that young man, that young woman, walking through the airport in uniform...you too... so proud to be American."

In fact, Michelle Obama's remarks were made (in Madison, Wisconsin, during the 2008 campaign) in a context of Americans being "unified around some basic common issues":

What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something--for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction, and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it's made me proud.
Afterwards, the First Lady further clarified her remarks by noting that she was referencing the "record number" of young voters participating in the political process in the 2008 campaign:

For the first time in my lifetime, I am seeing people rolling up their sleeves in way that I haven't seen and really trying to figure this out, and that's the source of pride I was talking about.
The passages from Palin's latest book first appeared at Palingates, where several other pages from American by Heart have also been posted. Palin followed up her comments about Michelle Obama by throwing an elbow at U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, also focusing on racial overtones:

It also makes sense, then, that the man President Obama made his attorney general, Eric Holder, would call us a "nation of cowards" for failing to come to grips with what he described as the persistence of racism.

Award-winning writer and filmmaker Geoffrey Dunn's book The Lies of Sarah Palin: The Untold Story Behind Her Relentless Quest for Power will be published by St. Martin's Press in April of 2011. Thanks to Patrick at Palingates for the screen shot.

This Blogger's Books from    The Lies of Sarah Palin: The Untold Story Behind Her Relentless Quest for Power
by Geoffrey Dunn Santa Cruz Is in the Heart: Selected Writings on Local History, Culture, Politics & Ghosts

________________________ ___________

ha ha ha-  these far left goons are melting down. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Good for Palin.....this sasquatch should be called out on that on a daily basis......

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
That's why I like her so much.

She says what everyone else is thiking but too pussy to say.

MOBACCA is a fucking disgrace to this nation.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Oh Palin is she still screaming for the spotlight?  Claiming she's the next Reagan?  Haha i guess with this attack Palin can not take the high ground when others go after he family. 
Abandon every hope...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
Oh Palin is she still screaming for the spotlight?  Claiming she's the next Reagan?  Haha i guess with this attack Palin can not take the high ground when others go after he family. 

kc, serious question as you are a coherent poster......what did you personally think of Michelle's statement?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
kc, serious question as you are a coherent poster......what did you personally think of Michelle's statement?

I personally don't agree with it, but it's her opinion.  I don't view it as a racist statement but more an indication of helplessness many minorities feel.  They don't have people to look up to other than athletes, rappers and drug dealers.  This is a comment that indicates the African American community needs to have more leadership and more involvement in America so more minorities will feel proud of where they are from because they too will be attached to success in America.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I personally don't agree with it, but it's her opinion.  I don't view it as a racist statement but more an indication of helplessness many minorities feel.  They don't have people to look up to other than athletes, rappers and drug dealers.  This is a comment that indicates the African American community needs to have more leadership and more involvement in America so more minorities will feel proud of where they are from because they too will be attached to success in America.

Fair enough statement.  This is why even though many of us disagree with you on everything, you are liked here. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V

Very good points, and thats why I ask you in particular as you are coherent and logical.  And you are so right, the modern attitude of "I am not a role model" is garbage......kids look to ALL the people around them all the time to see what is acceptable, "cool" etc... and by not setting good examples we are all guilty of short changing their futures.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
reliving the '08 election already?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I'm sure calling on race is great for primaty voters... but moderates don't like that shit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'm sure calling on race is great for primaty voters... but moderates don't like that shit.

I am not even convinced Obama is running in 2012. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com

Sure they have people to look up to, you can look up to people who are of a different color than you.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
you know what else moderates dont like?

a person who puts their political agenda in front of the welfare of the citizens of the US...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Sarah Palin Slams Michelle Obama in Racially Charged Passage From New Book
diggfacebook Twitter stumble reddit del.ico.us

Read More: Geoffrey Dunn , Michelle Obama , President Barack Obama , President Obama , Racism , Sarah Palin , Sarah Palin America By Heart , Politics News

www.huffingtonpost.com

________________________ ______________

In passages leaked from her forthcoming book America by Heart, Sarah Palin -- the erstwhile quitter governor of Alaska, who now, by all indications, fancies herself as President of the United States -- has taken another cheap shot at First Lady Michelle Obama.

you always miss the best quotes

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
you know what else moderates dont like?

Think about 333386's belief of 'liberal white guilt' voters.

You use phrases like "anti-white" and you alienate them.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Think about 333386's belief of 'liberal white guilt' voters.

You use phrases like "anti-white" and you alienate them.
LOL so palins words have alienated the white liberals? LMFAO really thats what your point is?