Author Topic: Video--- Is Jay that strong??? 4 plates incline for 12 reps??  (Read 7227 times)

Pecs

• Getbig IV
Video--- Is Jay that strong??? 4 plates incline for 12 reps??
« on: November 19, 2010, 09:15:07 PM »

4 plates on incline.

I read the youtude viewer comments say that it is 396lbs-----4 x 44lb (20kg) plates

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
Re: Video--- Is Jay that strong??? 4 plates incline for 12 reps??
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 09:19:12 PM »

4 plates on incline.

I read the youtude viewer comments say that it is 396lbs-----4 x 44lb (20kg) plates

Mr. O right there!!

BigE42Five

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »
Have u watched him train in the past?  In NEw, Improved And Beyond, he Does 4 plates a shortly after getting off a plane from a guest posing.  His grip in this video is wider than I've seen him use on a video in quite some time, makes all the difference in the world....  that was at least 6 years ago. :-\

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »
No he is not that strong ;)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 09:40:03 PM »
Why is the guy who is video tapping so out of breath? Did he run a marathon or something? A lot of acting going on in that little scene

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 10:25:24 PM »
Plus that's when Jay has probably ate more poorly than usual, slept in hotels, trained less than usual, travelled constantly etc...

OlDirTy

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 10:33:04 PM »
Bullshit...just look at the plate's handgrip = different colors ( blue, yellow ).

Different colors = different weight.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 10:37:14 PM »
No way that's 405...I promise you

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 10:43:55 PM »
hmmm... i found it suspicious too... cos i only remember him struggling for some reps with 405 in his earlier videos

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 01:08:02 AM »
 The blues are 20 kg, so is the bar, and the yellows are 33lbs/15 kg. So he's pressing 330 lbs.

epic_alien

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 02:39:15 AM »
correct

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 04:30:05 AM »
I don't think it's 405 either but I wouldn't be surprised if Jay could do it anyway, well maybe not for 12 reps but a guy his size could easily do 405 on incline.

Dorian did 405 on incline in the Blood and Guts video but I think it was only for 8 reps.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 05:32:30 AM »
Well obviously its still 'strong' . How many other people in gyms do you see doing this with good form and slow-ish reps? Hes not failing either.So id say yeah pretty strong :)

spinnis

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 05:37:23 AM »
Best in the world, Multi millionaire, Cash flowing in from everywhere, Havent been injured.

And people still complain over his strenght haha. I guess he should end up like dorian and coleman instead  ::)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 05:40:54 AM »
Best in the world, Multi millionaire, Cash flowing in from everywhere, Havent been injured.

And people still complain over his strenght haha. I guess he should end up like dorian and coleman instead  ::)

And the fact that he's been roiding and training competetevily since forever and still doing this shit is mind bogling... how does he even have the mental drive to keep doing this shit

spinnis

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 05:48:30 AM »
And the fact that he's been roiding and training competetevily since forever and still doing this shit is mind bogling... how does he even have the mental drive to keep doing this shit

Loves being big and makes million of it. So I can understand him.

But the fuckers that have a family at home kids etc and never places good enough to make good money on the other hand *cough* mark dugdale *cough* I dont understand at all

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 05:52:00 AM »
Loves being big and makes million of it. So I can understand him.

But the fuckers that have a family at home kids etc and never places good enough to make good money on the other hand *cough* mark dugdale *cough* I dont understand at all

he's not making money out of bodybuilding though, he makes the big bucks out of his man whoring endorsement deals with the boxing pics and many similar stuff he does

but yeah I can understand it.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 05:58:09 AM »

He suffers from the same obsessive-compulsive disorder every BB does, he couldn't even do anything else. Cutler is lucky enough to make good money from his OCD, but if he wouldn't he would still do exactly the same.

3 days without the strict, compulsive daily routine he's forced himself into over the last decades (training, meals, tanning, showering, brushing teeth, massage,...) and that guy would shoot a bullet in his head.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 06:11:15 AM »
He suffers from the same obsessive-compulsive disorder every BB does, ha couldn't even do anything else. Cutler is lucky enough to make good money from his OCD, but if he wouldn't he would still do exactly the same.

3 days without the strict, compulsive daily routine he's forced himself into over the last decades (training, meals, tanning, showering, brushing teeth, massage,...) and that guy would shoot a bullet in his head.

Exactly.  The fridge is textbook OCD.  If he ever quits bodybuilding he'll go fcking insane without his little daily routines.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 06:14:42 AM »
yeah it's true... well, every fucking sportsman suffers from it also but I guess bodybuilders has it in extreme levels because this sport is drived by the mirror.

I have the same problem, but not in these mesures.

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 07:10:00 AM »
I'm pretty sure that is not 405...the plates are probably 15kg plates so it's 315.

spinnis

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 07:52:41 AM »
I'm pretty sure that is not 405...the plates are probably 15kg plates so it's 315.

yes

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 09:17:01 AM »
I don't understand why bodybuilders (especially the pros) stop using what many would deem full range exercise.
I understand not going into lockout, but he stops about 2-3 inches short of lockout.
He does however do a good job of at least getting a decent stretch in the muscle by going down to just above his chest.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 09:21:58 AM »
I don't understand why bodybuilders (especially the pros) stop using what many would deem full range exercise.
I understand not going into lockout, but he stops about 2-3 inches short of lockout.
He does however do a good job of at least getting a decent stretch in the muscle by going down to just above his chest.

you gotta train day in day out and its your job - lockout is shit when it comes to your joints and those are what get you by day to day

you be 250+ for a yr or 2 longer and see how you joints feels plus all the gh makin your tendons swell its fckn hurts - blood volume training is real big too and thats what alot of these cats do - I mean all they wnat do to at this time is pump, it doesnt take a full rep to do that -- matter of fact you get burnt out faster doing full reps - cept on squats ;)

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 09:36:48 AM »
well these are 20`s kg plates ...