Author Topic: Soldiers sent home for steroid use  (Read 6295 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Soldiers sent home for steroid use
« on: November 20, 2010, 08:44:01 AM »
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/16/3068052.htm ;D ;D

For Australian soldiers, a tour of duty to Afghanistan entails a good deal of danger. But a small number are getting into trouble of their own making.

Three soldiers have been sent home from Afghanistan after being caught using anabolic steroids. Earlier this year, four elite special forces soldiers were also found to be using steroids.

One defence commentator says the problem is worrying because although soldiers know they can be routinely tested for drug use, they are persisting with their risky behaviour.

The Defence Department says of the three men recently caught with steroids, one has been discharged and the other two are in the process of being sacked from the Army.

The executive director of the Australia Defence Association, Neil James, says the low number of cases indicate this is not a major issue for the Army.

"We don't see this as being a widespread problem at all, considering the number of people that serve in Afghanistan each year, that's about one in 600, which is a remarkably low percentage," he said.

Drug testing soldiers has moved from random to routine in the past couple of years, and Mr James says it is surprising troops thought they could avoid detection.

"Well the only thing that's a little bit disquieting about this is now the testing of the troops overseas is near 100 per cent, you wonder how anyone thought they could get away with it," he said.

Sign of boredom

"But steroid use tends to be a sign of boredom and it tends to be a little bit of a competitive thing among young, fit Australians.

"So if you've got the problem in the wider society then you're eventually going to have it in your military. But how they thought they could get away with it is a bit puzzling."

Commentators argue taking steroids does not provide a physical edge in combat, and Mr James says, if anything, the cases have uncovered a vain streak among Defence personnel.

"What you need in combat is physical fitness and endurance fitness and steroids have more to do with muscle tone," he said.

It has been well documented that steroids can sometimes carry the side effect of what is known as 'roid rage'.

But Mr James says he doubts the soldiers would be suffering from those side effects.

"Well you would, wouldn't you, but steroid use that produces rage is generally severe steroid use and without knowing what the random or the 100 per cent testing has uncovered, I suspect that is probably hasn't been major overuse, it's just been to a lesser level," he said.

"So I don't really think the rage would have been too much of a problem and there's lots of ways that would have been uncovered anyway, just in the way that soldiers look after each other and their general behaviour."

Mr James says drug use tends to be more common in general units and not among special forces or commandos.

He says they are busier and more disciplined than an average soldier.

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Soldiers sent home for steroid use
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 09:05:19 AM »
lol @ its okay to shoot and blow up other people but not to take steroids ::) - double standards? surely not.

If they be clever they be handing out steroids to these guys like M&M's - as long as they are faster bigger and better then the
raghead sandcoons AK swinging monkey's in bongobongo land I'm all for steroid
use with the amred forces.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 09:06:15 AM »
Any glute shots?(no homo)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 09:10:19 AM »
Any glute shots?(no homo)

A shredded muscled ass can overcome almost anything! :D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 09:12:37 AM »

(very homo)  ;D

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 09:17:01 AM »

It has been well documented that steroids can sometimes carry the side effect of what is known as 'roid rage'.

could we fucking PLEASE stop with this completely fabricated sensationalized bullshit lie already we all look back now and agree on how ridiculous reefer madness is.........but this equally, or more ridiculous smear is allowed to continue

::) ::)

these stories just make my fucking blood boil

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 09:21:53 AM »

could we fucking PLEASE stop with this completely fabricated sensationalized bullshit lie already we all look back now and agree on how ridiculous reefer madness is.........but this equally, or more ridiculous smear is allowed to continue

::) ::)

these stories just make my fucking blood boil

Whats the problem with roid rage - especially in a war zone.
We just very recently uploaded a video of a marine unit which gote themself into a fire fight filmed by the helmet camera.
They had ANA support and one young ANA soldier which the Marines called sparky was about the most gunho soldier I have ever seen
to the point of being completly reckless.
At one stage the platoon comander had to call sparky back when he attempt to flank the Taliban by himself :D his reaction was...WHY THE FUCK NOT!!!
:D

I think some of the marine units could use some steroids :D

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 09:23:17 AM »

damn bay I bet the 'end of the rainbow' is in your HDD drive
christ that thing is prob streamin with gayness :D

theonlyone

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 09:24:35 AM »
 It's impossible in Russia, Russian soldiers don't use steroids, they just simply drink...

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 09:25:26 AM »
damn bay I bet the 'end of the rainbow' is in your HDD drive
christ that thing is prob streamin with gayness :D

gayer than Bay's "hard"drive?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 09:27:25 AM »
i fought against the bottle but i had to do it drunk

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 09:30:27 AM »
gayer than Bay's "hard"drive?

I dont think that 'gayer than' can ever be surpassed, we should get Ron to close the Gayer than thread now.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 09:30:58 AM »
It's impossible in Russia, Russian soldiers don't use steroids, they just simply drink...
because of fighting Chechen rebel ::)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 09:32:13 AM »
because of exterminating Chechen rebel ::)

Fixed

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 09:33:31 AM »
Whats the problem with roid rage - especially in a war zone.
We just very recently uploaded a video of a marine unit which gote themself into a fire fight filmed by the helmet camera.
They had ANA support and one young ANA soldier which the Marines called sparky was about the most gunho soldier I have ever seen
to the point of being completly reckless.
At one stage the platoon comander had to call sparky back when he attempt to flank the Taliban by himself :D his reaction was...WHY THE FUCK NOT!!!
:D

I think some of the marine units could use some steroids :D

just shows what a pussified fucking planet we became...........the NAZIs were some of the first to expiriment with steroids specificallly FORthe fact that steroids migh tmake one mroe aggressive, and they were one of the most efficient fighting forces in the history of the planet

but now its a BAD thing, if SOLDIERS are aggressive...... ::) ::) ::)

which steroids will NOT make you be the way

what an ANA soldier ???

theonlyone

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 09:36:25 AM »
because of fighting Chechen rebel ::)

Chechen rebel is sponsored by US. Chechnya is a Russian region and shortly speaking it's Russia and the current President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadirov is licking Putin's ass everytime he sees it, use a fuckin google bro. You're from Asia I wouldn't be thinking Asians are that ignorant.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
since when does the military test for steroids...........there are plenty of US soldiers who are on gas

there are even active duty IFBB pros

is austrailia more strict, cause i was under the impresion they dont test fore steroids unless someone raises a red flag

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 09:42:41 AM »

just shows what a pussified fucking planet we became...........the NAZIs were some of the first to expiriment with steroids specificallly FORthe fact that steroids migh tmake one mroe aggressive, and they were one of the most efficient fighting forces in the history of the planet

what an ANA soldier ???

I think the Japs did their own experiments as well..

ANA Afghanistan National Army - Afghan Army

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »
poll pots

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 09:43:33 AM »
Chechen rebel is sponsored by US. Chechnya is a Russian region and shortly speaking it's Russia and the current President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadirov is licking Putin's ass everytime he sees it, use a fuckin google bro. You're from Asia I wouldn't be thinking Asians are that ignorant.
US listed Chechen rebel as terroist now.
by the way,I had studied Russian in my college days 35 years ago :)

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 09:44:22 AM »
I think the Japs did their own experiments as well..

ANA Afghanistan National Army - Afghan Army

well they gave their soldiers and pilots crystal methamphetamine to the point where after the war, half the country was strung out

so i wouldnt be suprised

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 09:45:40 AM »

One persons freedom fighter is the others terrorist

theonlyone

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 09:48:35 AM »

you may do speak English for all and the Russian exclusively for me, check your memory ;)

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 09:50:54 AM »

what an ANA soldier ???

If you don't think steroids make one more aggressive, then you probably haven't been on them.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 09:52:29 AM »
Australian soldiers doing very well in Afghanistan.