Author Topic: Ron Paul refuses to join Tea Party Caucus  (Read 1289 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Ron Paul refuses to join Tea Party Caucus
« on: November 20, 2010, 10:11:38 AM »
Senator-elect Rand Paul actually came up with the original idea for a Tea Party Caucus in Congress. Even before he stood up on stage to accept his party's nomination back in May of this year (uttering those now-famous words "I have a message from the Tea Party...") the Kentucky doctor would stump for a Tea Party Caucus on his campaign stops.

Rand Paul's vision was for a caucus that would form a link between grassroots Tea Party leaders around the country and their representative voices in Congress to keep them accountable to the principles of limited government, even using modern technology to receive grassroots input and hold online town hall meetings.

Now he's working to make that vision a reality in the U.S. Senate, and also hoping to create a bicameral caucus, which would hold joint meetings with both Senators and Representatives committed to limiting the size, role, and influence of Washington.

But his father, Congressman Ron Paul has elected not to join Rep. Michele Bachmann's Tea Party Caucus in the U.S. House, over concerns that it would result in the Washington establishment hijacking a grassroots movement. His chief of staff Jeff Deist wrote in an e-mail to The Daily Caller:

"Congressman Paul decided not to join the Tea Party Caucus. He strongly believes the Tea Party movement should remain a grassroots phenomenon, rather than being co-opted by Washington or any political party."

It should be no surprise that Ron Paul would disdain the centralization of anything, including a movement committed to de-centralizing Washington, especially when so many of the 52 official members of Bachmann's Tea Party Caucus have a record of voting to actually grow government.

Take Zach Wamp, who is a member of the Tea Party Caucus, yet voted for the $700 billion Wall Street bailout that launched the 2009 Tea Party protest movement, a vote he was only able to cast because he broke an earlier promise he made to his district that he would term-limit himself after serving six terms, effectively slaughtering another sacred cow of the Tea Party movement.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Ron Paul refuses to join Tea Party Caucus
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 10:12:29 AM »
Senator-elect Rand Paul actually came up with the original idea for a Tea Party Caucus in Congress. Even before he stood up on stage to accept his party's nomination back in May of this year (uttering those now-famous words "I have a message from the Tea Party...") the Kentucky doctor would stump for a Tea Party Caucus on his campaign stops.

Rand Paul's vision was for a caucus that would form a link between grassroots Tea Party leaders around the country and their representative voices in Congress to keep them accountable to the principles of limited government, even using modern technology to receive grassroots input and hold online town hall meetings.

Now he's working to make that vision a reality in the U.S. Senate, and also hoping to create a bicameral caucus, which would hold joint meetings with both Senators and Representatives committed to limiting the size, role, and influence of Washington.

But his father, Congressman Ron Paul has elected not to join Rep. Michele Bachmann's Tea Party Caucus in the U.S. House, over concerns that it would result in the Washington establishment hijacking a grassroots movement. His chief of staff Jeff Deist wrote in an e-mail to The Daily Caller:

"Congressman Paul decided not to join the Tea Party Caucus. He strongly believes the Tea Party movement should remain a grassroots phenomenon, rather than being co-opted by Washington or any political party."

It should be no surprise that Ron Paul would disdain the centralization of anything, including a movement committed to de-centralizing Washington, especially when so many of the 52 official members of Bachmann's Tea Party Caucus have a record of voting to actually grow government.

Take Zach Wamp, who is a member of the Tea Party Caucus, yet voted for the $700 billion Wall Street bailout that launched the 2009 Tea Party protest movement, a vote he was only able to cast because he broke an earlier promise he made to his district that he would term-limit himself after serving six terms, effectively slaughtering another sacred cow of the Tea Party movement.

This is why he is the man.
I hate the State.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 10:15:54 AM »

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 10:21:55 AM »
actually thats kinda cool :)

I already think it'sbeen hijacked fromt he get go.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 10:29:27 AM »
This should make anyone who thought he was fake think again.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 10:48:28 AM »
I really get confused with some of you guys. 

Seriously - what is th point of a te party movement if many just want to sit on the sideline and complain all the time instead of getting behind certan people office who can possibly make a small difference? 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 10:51:59 AM »
I really get confused with some of you guys. 

Seriously - what is th point of a te party movement if many just want to sit on the sideline and complain all the time instead of getting behind certan people office who can possibly make a small difference? 

If it is coopted by the GOP (and it has been) and becomes a tool of Faux News (which it has become) it can easily become a instrument of manipulation. Let's face it, most main stream Tea Partiers only care about high taxes and very little about civil liberties, foreign policy or the constitution. It was doing fine as a grass roots movement now it is on a slippery slope. I am firmly convinced that nothing will change, regardless of whether a democrat or a republican is in charge. It's the right move on the part of Ron Paul.
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 10:56:21 AM »
If it is coopted by the GOP (and it has been) and becomes a tool of Faux News (which it has become) it can easily become a instrument of manipulation. Let's face it, most main stream Tea Partiers only care about high taxes and very little about civil liberties, foreign policy or the constitution. It was doing fine as a grass roots movement now it is on a slippery slope. I am firmly convinced that nothing will change, regardless of whether a democrat or a republican is in charge. It's the right move on the part of Ron Paul.

Oh yeah, because the GOP really backed Rand Paul, Rubio, Angle ,etc   ::)  ::)

Please - this is one election cycle for gods sake.    and Tea Party stands for TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY.   

Its always been mainly about the bailuots, spending and taxes.

Again - you guys complain about it being co-opted, but do nothing but sit on the sidelines and complain.     

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 11:04:29 AM »
This should make anyone who thought he was fake think again.

he's still fake :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 11:09:05 AM »
I'm just sayin - it is what it is. 

A true libertarian CAN NEVER GET ELECTED in a national race. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 11:17:04 AM »
I'm just sayin - it is what it is. 

A true libertarian CAN NEVER GET ELECTED in a national race. 

Maybe, but the GOP is like Ron Paul in maybe only one way...I would rather have a guy consistent on everything than...well.
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 11:21:58 AM »
Maybe, but the GOP is like Ron Paul in maybe only one way...I would rather have a guy consistent on everything than...well.

Look, for me, there is a theoretical and academic part, tow hich I am mostly libertarian, but not on all things.   I disagree with libertarians on some stuff. 

But, then there is the practical reality part - tho where I have to weight the best of bad options.  I know I will never get a 10/10 candidate, but if I can get a 6-7/10 for the time being, so be it. 

Same with the Tea Party - is it everything I want?  No! 

However, to me it helps more than hurts for the time being and for that, I still support these people for whatever they are doing. 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 01:41:13 PM »
reason why I'm saying he's still fake cause him not joining is legitimizing the Tea Party further. i'm not sorry but sorry for the CT.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »

Exactly,

The same dirt bag neocons who loved Bush, now call themselves the "Tea Party"...
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 02:02:13 PM »
he's still fake :D
if he is fake, then there is nobody real and it's all dream :D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 02:10:06 PM »
if he is fake, then there is nobody real and it's all dream :D

yes, exactly  :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 02:14:50 PM »
yes, exactly  :)
what is the solution then?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 04:28:05 PM »

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 06:58:52 PM »
what is the solution then?

I dunno, kinda feel like an anarchist with anything that I will say. so yeah Id go in that direction for some reason.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 12:02:49 AM »
the dems coulnd't have designed, planned and built anything better than the tea party.

1) get elected in 08 on anti-Bush sentiment.
2) enact a shitload of lib legislation, knowing it will piss eveyrone off.
3) back a movement to win back some seats, then undermine repub/independent support of GOP once they see, in 2 years, that the people they elected are just more of the same, and nothing is going to get changed.
4) Watch Obama get elected on weak 2012 repub desire to vote, and do it all again for 2 years - shitty lib legislation galore.