Author Topic: The Walking Dead - Thoughts and Opinions?  (Read 65408 times)

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
Re: The Walking Dead - Thoughts and Opinions?
« Reply #350 on: March 27, 2014, 04:24:26 AM »
Not sure how people here feel about Lost, but i absolutely hated  the show. They milked that show for seasons and seasons of useless "background" and "flashbacks" of every single character on the show. Dont get me wrong i did watch the show , but i would watch an entire episode in under 10 minutes, just FFwding the flashback parts...

I think Walking Dead is becoming like lost. The last two episodes i watched , an entire ne was pretty much Darryl and Beth in the woods, i watched that entire episode in under 10 minutes, and the previous episodes werent that much better either.

I think they are milking the show for as much as they can. Thats why one needs to admire shows like Breaking Bad. Even though they knew they could run for 2-3 more seasons, but they didnt sacrifice quality for quantity

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #351 on: March 27, 2014, 04:33:42 AM »
Not sure how people here feel about Lost, but i absolutely hated  the show. They milked that show for seasons and seasons of useless "background" and "flashbacks" of every single character on the show. Dont get me wrong i did watch the show , but i would watch an entire episode in under 10 minutes, just FFwding the flashback parts...

I think Walking Dead is becoming like lost. The last two episodes i watched , an entire ne was pretty much Darryl and Beth in the woods, i watched that entire episode in under 10 minutes, and the previous episodes werent that much better either.

I think they are milking the show for as much as they can. Thats why one needs to admire shows like Breaking Bad. Even though they knew they could run for 2-3 more seasons, but they didnt sacrifice quality for quantity

I liked the one where carol had to off the little girl

I think the dynamic of the humans losing their humanity is the real story

that's whats compelling to watch
T

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #352 on: March 27, 2014, 04:43:52 AM »

I tried Lost and gave it a good 2-3 episodes but I was in no way interested in the characters and their flashbacks.. the fat hawaiian.. the hunky doctor  ::) and that high kicking woman  ::). I really don't get why it became so popular. Everyone I know likes this.

Walking Dead is so splattery and the first episode didn't get me hooked. It (the first episode of WD) was like minimal character developement... suddenly he wakes up and looks for him family. I couldn't get the sympathy up.

I think zombie stories might be best viewed with a beer in a movie format.

Well well.. I will give it another two episodes at most.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #353 on: March 27, 2014, 05:22:30 AM »
The good thing about twd is how it can change dynamics at the click of a finger. The setting, the look and the relationships. Atleast they are brave, offing 2 kids in 1 episode is very controversial.
Atleast they try new things, for me the group being separated as much as they are has been a bit plodding and i think the show really misses rick.
My favourite stuff is in the city, i love the deserted imagery there, it's more eerie than anywhere else as it should be heaving. I'd love the look of season 1 back.
Hoping they ramp it up with terminus, the buzz is that is home of the cannibals and the group will have a tough job trying to escape.
Have a feeling daryls group is part of the cannibal lot too

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #354 on: March 27, 2014, 06:07:05 AM »
The good thing about twd is how it can change dynamics at the click of a finger. The setting, the look and the relationships. Atleast they are brave, offing 2 kids in 1 episode is very controversial.
Atleast they try new things, for me the group being separated as much as they are has been a bit plodding and i think the show really misses rick.
My favourite stuff is in the city, i love the deserted imagery there, it's more eerie than anywhere else as it should be heaving. I'd love the look of season 1 back.
Hoping they ramp it up with terminus, the buzz is that is home of the cannibals and the group will have a tough job trying to escape.
Have a feeling daryls group is part of the cannibal lot too
Other than killing off characters, everything else has become teh same old same old.. Oh look, they go into a house, the house should be empty..NOT, they kill the zombies. Oh look they go into a store, the store should be empty when they check inside, NOT...

They didnt "develope" the characters in the first season, nor did they in the second season (IMO th ebest seasons of the show). in those two season they had enough material to focus on the STORY... but now in season 4 or 5 or whatever it is, they ran out of material, so they just keep adding characters and want to kill screen time by developing characters.

The storyline is lacking, first few season the story had a goal, they knew what to do. But the past couple of seasons, the show has just become "live to fight for another day". Whats the end game here? are they going to find a cure? are they going to get to "safety" ? cuz for teh past two fucking seasons all i saw was the prison and woodbury. One shouldnt lose focus of the big picture and the big story, and that is that a Zombie Apocalypse happened, what are we doing with that? The story should progress towards that, not just stall.

Take the show True Detective for example. The Big picture was to catch teh killer. The season had alot of character development, and spanned over 17 years i believe, but not once in that show did anything divert from the goal, which was to find the killer.

But in TWD, wasnt there like 2-3 episodes just to deal with people in the prison getting sick or whatever? we get the point, shit happens and people get sick, dont watse 2-3 episodes on it, sow us where the show is heading

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #355 on: March 27, 2014, 06:20:30 AM »

100% spot on.  They could have done an entire season WITHOUT walt, while he was in hiding.  All the searching for hank, the new life for saul, etc. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: March 27, 2014, 06:26:01 AM »
Look at how little they had to work with in TWD this season.  its essentially a show about hiking 40 miles while dealing with monsters/jerks and missing on your buddies.  Not a lot to work with.  They could have put it all into 3 episodes, not 8.  It's the #1 show in america... we really don't need that much screentime of a teenager eating a large can of pudding.  Just cut the time of all those slow walking scenes in half and voila, we see terminus 4 episodes ago, and they've already had a major battle and are walking to DC.

Ya know they're going to leave us hanging... yes, cannibals.  Yes, daryl has to kill his new buddies to save rick.  Yes, a scream from rick as his hand is cut off to end the season.   Yes, that's all you get until October. 

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: March 27, 2014, 06:28:41 AM »
Look at how little they had to work with in TWD this season.  its essentially a show about hiking 40 miles while dealing with monsters/jerks and missing on your buddies.  Not a lot to work with.  They could have put it all into 3 episodes, not 8.  It's the #1 show in america... we really don't need that much screentime of a teenager eating a large can of pudding.  Just cut the time of all those slow walking scenes in half and voila, we see terminus 4 episodes ago, and they've already had a major battle and are walking to DC.

Ya know they're going to leave us hanging... yes, cannibals.  Yes, daryl has to kill his new buddies to save rick.  Yes, a scream from rick as his hand is cut off to end the season.   Yes, that's all you get until October. 

rick getting his hand cut off

is it is wanking hand

fuck that
T

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #358 on: March 27, 2014, 06:36:08 AM »
There's no way a military man would walk right into Terminus when it looks like a ghost town. He would have set up in the woods where he can see who's coming and going from the place to get an idea on what kind of people are in there...Why would anyone walk right into what could be a trap?

That is another reason why the Governor was a great character. He stalked the prison watching Rick and Carl, had them dead to rights but waited to checkout how they operate and who goes in and out.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #359 on: March 27, 2014, 06:38:32 AM »

Agreed. another sign that the creators are out of content was the resurgence of The Governor. Didnt you guys spend a whole season to a final battle between Rick and The Governor? then you had to bring him BACK for another few episodes for another battle? come on, get some new material

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: March 27, 2014, 06:43:56 AM »
they could have done so much more with the last 2 seasons.  I know, they want realism. I know, they want to show a lifetime, and yeah, staying at a farm for a year... staying at a prison for a year... wandering for a few months.. hunkering down once they conquer terminus... then another trek to DC...

I get it.  It's realistic.  But they dont have to make us sit thru every bowel movement and footsie michonne moment.  Governor running off WAS realistic.  It what wussy leaders sometimes do.  tryng to start over then coming back to his fate, I get that.  But just don't take 5 episodes to reach that point.  I see what they're doing.. being cheap and all artsy at the same time.  I just prefer breaking bad/shield delivery of content.  I usually work thru TWD shows now, and just look up for the good parts.

Life really WOULD be boring most of the day in a zombie apocalypse.  So maybe they just want the show to be be equally boring and slow paced.

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #361 on: March 27, 2014, 07:11:52 AM »
solid ratings in imbd. people don't give a fuck for the most part....

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #362 on: March 27, 2014, 07:16:24 AM »
solid ratings in imbd. people don't give a fuck for the most part....

would be good to have the viewers #s plotted out

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #363 on: March 27, 2014, 07:22:00 AM »
for the first 3 series

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #364 on: March 27, 2014, 07:30:54 AM »
for the first 3 series

assuming same colors as your first plot?

Green=Season 1
Red= Season 2
Blue=Season 3 ?

Liek i mentioned in an earlier post, Season 1 and 2 had a Story at least, a bigegr Goal, i was actually interested and hooked to see what happens. But beyond season 2, the show became dull. Would be good to see season 4 viewership #s

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #365 on: March 27, 2014, 07:32:22 AM »
assuming same colors as your first plot?

Green=Season 1
Red= Season 2
Blue=Season 3 ?

Liek i mentioned in an earlier post, Season 1 and 2 had a Story at least, a bigegr Goal, i was actually interested and hooked to see what happens. But beyond season 2, the show became dull. Would be good to see season 4 viewership #s

Season 3 is green.  it had 16 episodes.  

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #366 on: March 27, 2014, 07:38:44 AM »
Season 3 is green.  it had 16 episodes.  
Hey, no wonder why they are milking it. 240 also mentioned, its the #1 show in America... i cant be the only one to notice that the quality has been reduced and quantity increased

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #367 on: March 27, 2014, 07:44:50 AM »
it's pretty evident that they will have enormous shares regardless.
it's like running an oil company.

BTW,
what's the best and second best company to have?
Best:well run oil company; 2nd best: poorly run oil company.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #368 on: March 27, 2014, 09:11:38 AM »
I liked the one where carol had to off the little girl

I think the dynamic of the humans losing their humanity is the real story

that's whats compelling to watch

I think that's the only show this season that was really any good. All the others seem to be just fillers :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #369 on: March 27, 2014, 09:42:59 AM »
Hey, no wonder why they are milking it. 240 also mentioned, its the #1 show in America... i cant be the only one to notice that the quality has been reduced and quantity increased

Budget cuts and Durabont leaving are the cause.
Y

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: March 27, 2014, 10:59:13 AM »
Is rick actually losing his hand then? I heard in the comics the governor chops it off

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #371 on: March 27, 2014, 12:25:14 PM »
Is rick actually losing his hand then? I heard in the comics the governor chops it off

Yeah the Governor chopped it off in the comics. He was a much darker character in the comics. He also kept Michonne tied up as a prisoner and raped her repeatedly. Didn't see that in the show. Oh and the fight they had in the show where she stabs his eye out is tame compared to the ass-kicking she gives him in the book:

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: March 27, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »
That was a good showdown when he lost his eye. We need to see more vicious scenes like this in the future, more gripping stuff. I have a feeling the finale will ramp it up again only to keep us waiting 7 months to see What happens

Yeah the Governor chopped it off in the comics. He was a much darker character in the comics. He also kept Michonne tied up as a prisoner and raped her repeatedly. Didn't see that in the show. Oh and the fight they had in the show where she stabs his eye out is tame compared to the ass-kicking she gives him in the book:

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #373 on: March 30, 2014, 04:47:52 PM »
Here is my theory on the season finale: Rick is going to find Terminus and discover that most (if not all the people are dead.

This will include the group of Glen, Maggie, bob, the soldier, the scientist, etc...

Im not saying that the whole group will die, but most of them probably will.

Think about it. That whole group is expendable.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #374 on: March 30, 2014, 06:23:30 PM »
Holy shit! Im not wrong yet though.