Author Topic: strength loss when going off?  (Read 1221 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
strength loss when going off?
« on: November 30, 2010, 08:52:43 AM »
How much strength do you typically lose when you go off your cycle?

Im 1 month exactly OFF, OFF EVERYTHING.. and i have yet to experience any loss in strength...!

To be honest im still strong or even stronger (!!) in some of my lifts....im the same weight   :o but a little softer, libido is down the shitter though... :-\ :-X

wtf, any explanations?

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: strength loss when going off?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 08:54:39 AM »
Well it depends on how long you were on, how fast you blew up, water retention etc.  But for the most part time off time on for me.  It takes me months to build up my strength and it takes months to lose it.  But if my gains were steady while on and I gravitated towards more anabolic compounds like var, eq etc. My strength gains stay for a long time.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 09:19:51 AM »
when i go off i rarely lose too much strength i find i cant do as many reps on some lifts with a certain weight as when i was on, usually i just train a little bit lighter than when im on and go by how i feel, most important is to keep up the eating like when you are on cycle and keep up a good training schedule but make sure you rest a bit more
Thunderdome approved

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 12:38:30 PM »
i don't lose that much strengh while off it's weird... i lose size though can't avoid it

but the secret is low/no test + high anabolics... right Schmoe  ;)

if youre scared of "libido" problems which is a huge myth (ran the 2 most libido killers deca + tren stack and i had ZEROOOOOOO libido problems and it was the best cycle ever) just add some proviron  ;D

dustin

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 08:06:46 PM »
I don't really bloat much on cycle but I find that regardless if something's DHT based or not I keep most, if not all of my strength. The only thing that decreases is the muscular endurance.

I have a tendency to lift with little rest between my sets though so maybe it's different for others. Most of my workouts are pretty intuitive though. I follow the same general rhythm and cycle through different compounds exercises for different body parts. But I notice that my working sets are a big challenge. I think the key is to just never lose your strength and listen to your body. Don't be a cycle warrior.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »
when i go off i rarely lose too much strength i find i cant do as many reps on some lifts with a certain weight as when i was on

I was always the same way.

I would keep my relative strength, but lose a few reps on the heavier sets.

When i was purely into powerlifting, i would notice about a 10% drop in my 1RM on all 3 lifts, but i think this had a lot to do with losing body mass as a whole.

Either way, i seemed to keep the majority of my strength, even years after being off.

8)