Author Topic: athiest vs christian billboard  (Read 7541 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: athiest vs christian billboard
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 07:05:54 AM »
hmmm...that does sound familiar but I think there was more to the quote...I think we have a thread on that in Relig...I'll look for it a little later!

Oops sorry hadn't posted this yet:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=164749.0
R

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 06:19:34 PM »
half of the atheists reading that sign probably celebrate christmas  ::)

What has that got to do with religion or Jesus?  He was not born on Dec 25th.  That is just another lie and falsehood christians blindly follow.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »
What has that got to do with religion or Jesus?  He was not born on Dec 25th.  That is just another lie and falsehood christians blindly follow.
we celebrate the birth of christ.  people showed up at random times so when we celebrate is whenever just happens to be the 25th.

anyway let's not open up my can of religious worms.

the point is, atheists will celebrate a religious holiday yet claim they don't believe anything, and in this case go outright against religion.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 01:13:46 PM »
we celebrate the birth of christ.  people showed up at random times so when we celebrate is whenever just happens to be the 25th.

anyway let's not open up my can of religious worms.

the point is, atheists will celebrate a religious holiday yet claim they don't believe anything, and in this case go outright against religion.

Giving gifts to people and drinking egg nog or whatever is exactly WHAT again in terms of being "religious" for the 25th of December?  What makes it religious?  Other than a Senate vote that decided this is when Jesus was allegedly born.

Are you saying atheists can't give gifts on that day without it being religious?

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2010, 02:38:05 PM »
Giving gifts to people and drinking egg nog or whatever is exactly WHAT again in terms of being "religious" for the 25th of December?  What makes it religious?  Other than a Senate vote that decided this is when Jesus was allegedly born.

Are you saying atheists can't give gifts on that day without it being religious?
well how does not having school on memorial day help us remember the vets? it doesn't we just do it for shits n' giggles

same principle, we all get together and have a good time at christmas. churches have elaborate services.  it's just how we do it.  it's not like we can actually do anything for God.  most of it's symbolic.  and of course most christians are just in it for the gifts and parties.

me personally, yeah I love the gifts and parties but I like the spiritual part as well.  everybody's different.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 03:24:02 PM »
Exactly.  By the masses it is not a religious day at all.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 05:14:37 PM »
Exactly.  By the masses it is not a religious day at all.
most atheists though are just like most christians.

idiots.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 05:52:22 PM »
Not only that, they seem just as unhappy as religious zealots, and want everybody to be just as unhappy as them...it's more a human condition...both sides believing so much in a principle, yet neglecting the heart of the matter, true human spiritualism. None focus on spiritual enlightenment, but only following tenets of either lack of religious belief or pro religious belief, both sides are at a loss.
How could someone 'neglect the heart of the matter', the matter being 'true human spiritualism', when someone doesn't believe in spirituality?
G