Author Topic: "Back in The Days When I Was Young..."  (Read 13126 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: "Back in The Days When I Was Young..."
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »
Yep, I am 25 going to be 26 early next year.  :'( Time does go by fast. But, like the Johnny Falcon saids I am always going to love me some fine young assed hoes!!! ;D Probably going to get me in trouble though later on.
A Broham fist pound for you...fine assed hoes are the McDonald's Big Macs of life.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »
Yep, I am 25 going to be 26 early next year.  :'( Time does go by fast. But, like the Johnny Falcon saids I am always going to love me some fine young assed hoes!!! ;D Probably going to get me in trouble though later on.

You think time goes by fast now? Just wait...and yes, that shit will get you into trouble later on... ;D

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2010, 05:35:32 PM »
 Smoking weed and drinking behind liquor stores and in alleys because we all had to avoid our parents at home.

Now I just do that stuff in my own home, it doesn't have the same feeling of adventure.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2010, 05:36:02 PM »
I remember walking to school uphill both ways in all kinds of weather.  Pong was the only video game and we were amazed at it.  Maybe Youtube has a video of this game.  Girls all had a nice triangle bush.  Now they are all shaved.  You could drive anywhere because gas was so cheap. Anything you caught from sex could be cured with a pill or a shot.  Now sex can kill you or the disease can stay with you for life.  All girls had natural tits.  The fake ones of today look like someone put a plastic bag under the skin.  I will take real ones any day.  Moms stayed home and dads went to work.  In college many girls wore dresses or jeans with heels.  They had their hair done up.  Ever go to a college campus today?  Many of the girls are wearing dirty shoes, dirty jeans and some garbage tee shirt.  There hair looks like crap. 

Ha ha ha I bet you we could change the world a little bit for the better if whenever we saw it, we would say point blank "Your hair looks like crap".  Love it.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2010, 06:18:16 PM »
Cool.  I never played except recreationally but I love it to this day.  I really thought my daughter would love it and become a pro but she didn't.  Yes the Van Patten family is of course very well known.   Wayne Bryan is the father of the Bryan Twins who are the #1 ranked couples team in the world.  It's cool you play tennis.  Sevatase plays too.

Keith, I met the Bryan twins at two back to back National tennis tournaments, the Copper Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl back in 1993. 
They were already getting major pub back then, and they may have been 12 years old at the time (no older than 14 for sure).
Great players.
Good ambassadors for the sport.
One lefty, one righty.  Perfect playing/practicing partners.
I don't play anymore in the least.  I like golf now, even though I sometimes suck.  I'm getting much better though.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2010, 06:51:09 PM »
Keith, I met the Bryan twins at two back to back National tennis tournaments, the Copper Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl back in 1993. 
They were already getting major pub back then, and they may have been 12 years old at the time (no older than 14 for sure).
Great players.
Good ambassadors for the sport.
One lefty, one righty.  Perfect playing/practicing partners.
I don't play anymore in the least.  I like golf now, even though I sometimes suck.  I'm getting much better though.

I love golf.  Used ot play 3 or 4 times a week.  Little big now but will start playing soon.  Moving back to Hawaii and will play there all the time. 
No Worries 4 me

Bruffy

• Getbig II
  • If it's not metal, it's crap!
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2010, 07:24:50 PM »
I miss:  
Walking into a "record store" anticipating the newest release from any 80's hairband on cassette.
Skipping school without any repercussions vs. calling into work now for a "sick day".
Buying magazines like Muscle and Fitness, Hustler, Circus, Hit Parader, Metal Edge.
Big Macs when they were actually big.
Going to the mall to look at pussy.
Driving a shitbox car that would run forever no matter how hard I drove it.
Playing stink finger (chicks only).
Paying for cable/satellite was actually worth the money.  Google 80's tv for more details
A time when people said please and thank you.
Anybody over the age of thirty was old.
Drinking underage was a rush.  Especially if one of your friends had the house to themselves for the weekend.
Cheap gas and even cheaper women.
I

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2010, 08:11:48 PM »
Hypocolor, Stussy, No Fear, Big Johnson, Starter Jackets, 'The Game' brand baseball hats.

FiveStar basketball camp, hooking up with a new girl for the first time, Ice Skating on fri night, beepers, cloves

Saved by the Bell

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2010, 03:14:35 AM »
Yeah, I remember Big Johnson, and Sex Wax, Body Glove

also, NBA Inside Stuff with Ahmad Rashad---the Week Rewind was the shit.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2010, 03:29:56 AM »
He-man and Marshall Bravestar cartoons
Saving up 6months to buy a megadrive game
Indoor soccer once a week
No refugees here in Ireland
Lego

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2010, 03:33:12 AM »
He-man and Marshall Bravestar cartoons
Saving up 6months to buy a megadrive game
Indoor soccer once a week
No refugees here in Ireland
Lego
I had both the He-Man and Marshal Bravestar action figures and steel lunchboxes...the action figure of Bravestar looked Asian.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2010, 03:36:59 AM »
I think I had a Marshall Bravestar toy, def had a few he-man fellas, one of them was a hairy brown bad-guy, like Goodrum

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2010, 03:47:09 AM »
I think I had a Marshall Bravestar toy, def had a few he-man fellas, one of them was a hairy brown bad-guy, like Goodrum

"Beastman" ;D
my sister had the Strawberry Shortcake dolls (Orange Blossom)

Cartoons like The Littles, and Pandamonium, Sat mornings had nothing but cartoons on until 12 pm.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2010, 06:32:33 AM »
Sour Pour
Chico Stick (no homo)
The blue Blow pop gave you cancer  ::)
Reebok Pumps

Hoping the gate to play basetball and bus highlights.. We would be playing basketball and the court was right next to a bus stop. When the bus would stop and you had the ball in your hands.. you had to do something funky like dunk or throw off the backboard for the oop..all infront of the bus riders...Thats a Bus Highlight

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2010, 06:38:22 AM »
Sour Pour
Chico Stick (no homo)
The blue Blow pop gave you cancer  ::)
Reebok Pumps

Hoping the gate to play basetball and bus highlights.. We would be playing basketball and the court was right next to a bus stop. When the bus would stop and you had the ball in your hands.. you had to do something funky like dunk or throw off the backboard for the oop..all infront of the bus riders...Thats a Bus Highlight
Yeah, I know about the Bus Highlight...there were dudes who would do that in DC on Sat.

Sour Patch Kids
Now n' Laters (Sour Apple)
Fruit Roll ups (you would have to clean your teeth with your fingers, because they stuck to your teeth)
Nerds (Grape/Strawberry combo)

I am now feening for some Fruit Roll Ups.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2010, 06:51:48 AM »
Yeah, I know about the Bus Highlight...there were dudes who would do that in DC on Sat.
Sour Patch Kids
Now n' Laters (Sour Apple)
Fruit Roll ups (you would have to clean your teeth with your fingers, because they stuck to your teeth)
Nerds (Grape/Strawberry combo)
I am now feening for some Fruit Roll Ups.
Damn i thought that was only something we did on normandie and 78th...
Bomb pop (no terroist)
Lemon heads
Hating Jordan
Buying jordans
Thundercats

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2010, 07:09:58 AM »
Mal, you couldn't dunk.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2010, 07:10:38 AM »
I miss the friends I had as a kid. You could beat them up and they'd still show up at your house to "call on you."

I miss the park I used to walk my dog too everyday after the gym. The same park me and friends used to throw eggs at cars from.

I miss skateboarding at the mall, and in the mall, and getting chased by security. I miss skateboarding in empty parking lots with good friends late at night, chatting about the girls you had crushes on.

I miss the lakefront I'd drive to most days in the summer and let my dog swim.

I miss the long walks to the gym from school with my buddies in high school.

I miss partying Saturday nights away, getting 2 hours of sleep, then waking up and busting a cap of G and going for a drive with the tunes pumping. That was heaven. Nothing but great feelings, the sun and good beats.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2010, 07:11:52 AM »
Damn i thought that was only something we did on normandie and 78th...
Bomb pop (no terroist)
Lemon heads
Hating Jordan
Buying jordans
Thundercats
Lemon heads were the shit. I never had a pair of Jordans, but I did secretly want a pair.
Reebok Blacktops

Thundercats was the shit, and saying the song... "And give me sight beyond sight"
Panthero was the shit, and it was when I got older did I see the phallic nature of Lion-O's sword getting bigger...

Silverhawks was a spinoff...

Fighting over if the voice for Cobra Commander and Starscream were the same...fighting over whether Destro was black or not...who was hotter Lady J, Scarlett or The Baroness.
Who was best, Quick Kick, Storm Shadow, or Snake Eyes.
Who was stronger Serpentor or Sgt. Slaughter

and The Fridge (Refrigerator Perry) GI. Joe and the Rambo GI Joe

getting your own GI Joe codename.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2010, 07:14:03 AM »
I miss being able to sit and eat a bowl of cereal and actually enjoy looking at the back of the box, over and over again.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2010, 07:14:09 AM »
I miss my dog I had growing up.  It was like "My Dog Skip".  She waited for me in the window seat to come home from school.  You could hear her crying as I walked up the driveway.

I miss the innocence of it all.  

I miss ordering pizza and cheesesteaks and staying up with my two friends watching horror movies.

I miss Little League baseball.

I miss CYO basketball and having a girl that liked you in the 6th grade come to watch every one of your games as if you were Clyde the Glide.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2010, 07:16:11 AM »
I miss my dog I had growing up.  It was like "My Dog Skip".  She waited for me in the window seat to come home from school.  You could hear her crying as I walked up the driveway.

I miss the innocence of it all.  

I miss ordering pizza and cheesesteaks and staying up with my two friends watching horror movies.

I miss Little League baseball.

I miss CYO basketball and having a girl that liked you in the 6th grade come to watch every one of your games as if you were Clyde the Glide.

Yea man, there's nothing like your dogs you have growing up.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2010, 07:21:46 AM »
I miss 17 year old pussy

cruising all  night with no where to go

not having the internet was great
I

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2010, 07:22:34 AM »
Laughing at the kid who bought a "My Buddy doll", and using his "My Pet Monster" handcuffs on him...
I used to buy cigarettes for my sitter, and nobody questioned you (4-6th grade)

remembering how candy cigarettes were ways in order to get you to smoke...

Playing House...Playing Doctor...
Those see-saw wooden boat thingies that you sit in, in Kindergarten.

Nap time, half day school for kindergarten. Drawing pictures was the only thing you had to do, and sing.

Supersoaker Showdown...every summer the best Supersoakers...and the inevitable wet t-shirts that may have resulted (HS and college)

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2010, 07:27:09 AM »
Parker, in my tennis bag in the 10th grade, I hid the largest super soaker of the time.
I stored my tennis bag in my locker.
One of my best friends was at his locker at least 20 feet away rapping to this Peurto Rican hottie (she is still beautiful to this day after three kids, I see her at Church), and I just full blast him.
It looked like someone poured a bucket over his head.
Everyone laughed.
He got me a couple of days later, right in the crotch area, so it looked like I peed about 8 times in my pants.