Author Topic: Wikileaks: U.S. secretly sought to 'empower' France's Muslims  (Read 2410 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Wikileaks: U.S. secretly sought to 'empower' France's Muslims
« on: December 03, 2010, 08:32:57 AM »
U.S. secretly sought to 'empower' France's Muslims
Demanded 'discretion' in process to improve lot of Arabs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: December 02, 2010
3:36 pm Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

http://www.wnd.com/index.php/index.php?pageId=235373

________________________ ________________________ ______________________

JERUSALEM – The U.S. State Department directed its staff to "engage" and help to "empower" France's Muslim minorities, according to classified documents released by WikiLeaks and reviewed by WND.

The cables reveal U.S. government staff were instructed to use the French media to educate that country's public on minority issues and to improve the lot of French Arabs and Muslims. The process called for "considerable discretion, sensitivity and tact."

A cable dated January 2007 and directed to various U.S. missions in France outlined that the U.S. government must show it "takes seriously the threat of disenfranchised and disadvantaged minorities around the world, including in France, and we are committed to empowering minorities as part of our fundamental belief in participatory democracy."

The directive accused the French news media of "falling short both in its coverage of discrimination towards them (French Arab and Muslims) and of juvenile delinquency among them."

U.S. staff members in France were asked to engage in a French news media blitz "to convey official policy messages" on the issue of France's Arab and Muslim minorities.

(Story continues below)

Among those policies, according to the cable:

"Demonstration of [U.S.] commitment to these issues."

"Sharing of our American experiences in managing diversity."

"Encouraging social reforms within France to improve the lot of its minorities."
Continued the cable: "Effectiveness will be measured in terms of audience and participant totals, improved French media treatment of minority issues, a measurably improved perception of the U.S. among target audiences, and the initiation of new policies and programs by both the French government and French non-governmental organizations to improve the lot of French Arabs and Muslims."

"We need to say and show, repeatedly, to Muslim and non-Muslim audiences alike, the [U.S. government] is engaged for good in the Arab-Muslim world, we respect Islam, and the [U.S. government] takes seriously the potentially global threat of disenfranchised and disadvantaged minorities in France."

An earlier cable, from August 2005, lectured, "France not only has a problem with integration or immigration; it also needs to act to give Muslims a sense of French identity."

Another cable, from last January, stated, "French institutions appear insufficiently flexible for a population that is growing more diverse."

France's five million plus Muslims largely are North African (Algerian, Moroccan and Tunisian) in origin.

The country has faced serious unrest from its Arab and Muslim minority, including attacks against French Jews and two months of civil riots in France in October and November of 2005 when minorities burned cars and public buildings, leading to the declaration of a general state of emergency.

________________________ _____________________

damn.  Sarko is not goig to be happy eith this. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: Wikileaks: U.S. secretly sought to 'empower' France's Muslims
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 08:52:45 AM »
The democratic process must include everyone.  America is doing it's bit supporting minorities.  I fail to see a problem with this?  I don't see this condoning violence or riots.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 08:55:06 AM »
The democratic process must include everyone.  America is doing it's bit supporting minorities.  I fail to see a problem with this?  I don't see this condoning violence or riots.

Please - whn Calderone or other south american leaders and nation scream about hispanics in this country - we rightfully mock them and tell hem to STFU. 

We should not be meddling in Frances' affairs. 

Most f those muslims over here , like i England, are wortheess shit stains.     

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 08:56:43 AM »
Please - whn Calderone or other south american leaders and nation scream about hispanics in this country - we rightfully mock them and tell hem to STFU. 

We should not be meddling in Frances' affairs. 

Most f those muslims over here , like i England, are wortheess shit stains.     

::)

Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 09:01:20 AM »
Why should we butt into their affairs over there? 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 01:56:07 PM »
333386  - are you still gonna say the guy who leaked this did a bad thing? ???

As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 01:57:28 PM »
333386  - are you still gonna say the guy who leaked this did a bad thing? ???

The soldier violated his oath and di  bad thing, and should be prosecuted, but assange is nt the villian here and I am gad we are learning ths stuff.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 02:10:21 PM »
assange is not the villian here

OMG.  WTF.  LOL.  ROFLOLCOPTER.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 02:18:28 PM »
OMG.  WTF.  LOL.  ROFLOLCOPTER.

Why? 

Secrets meant to save lives and conceal troop movements = fine by me. 

Secrets to lie to the public and do the oppoite of what they proclaim = fuck you, get exposed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 02:29:41 PM »
Why? 

Secrets meant to save lives and conceal troop movements = fine by me. 

Secrets to lie to the public and do the oppoite of what they proclaim = fuck you, get exposed.

The WIKI documents revealed the names of agents in the field, as well as cooperating sources (snitches) in afghanistan who are feeding us intel.

How do you feel about wiki now?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 02:36:08 PM »
The WIKI documents revealed the names of agents in the field, as well as cooperating sources (snitches) in afghanistan who are feeding us intel.

How do you feel about wiki now?

That part sucks, but  want these bums in govt t know and fear that their lies will be exposed.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 02:54:55 PM »
333 posting more anti-American garbage by the day.  When he isn't signing the praises of Putin or China he's glad handing wikileaks' complete and utter contempt for confidential sources thereby endangering lives and making informants that much less likely to come forward.  Congrats 333 i think it is YOU who is destroying this country.  YOU and people like you. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 03:05:01 PM »
Ron paul said the same thing I did.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 04:09:10 PM »
That part sucks, but  want these bums in govt t know and fear that their lies will be exposed.   

it sucks?  It more than sucks if you're an afghan who has been feeding the US info on the taleban for 7 years - and suddenly your ass gets capped for it.

it puts our troops at risk, it gives the enemies details on our operations.  It puts sources at risk.

If you're cool with hard working americans serving our country and their sources getting killed because it makes obama look bad.... well, wow...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 04:12:06 PM »
Did you read my posts or not.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 06:51:27 PM »
The democratic process must include everyone. America is doing it's bit supporting minorities.  I fail to see a problem with this?  I don't see this condoning violence or riots.

Which is why the country is total and complete disaster. Tons of unqualified hacks that are lazy, stupid and have a sense of entitlement for shit that they never earned or deserved beyond having skin that is a shade darker than the "flesh" color of a crayola crayon. We are "supporting" minorities by forcing banks to loan them money they will never pay back, financing homes they can't afford, providing start up money for doomed businesses that they don't know how to run and all the while they are being given job preference for government positions at practically every level of bureaucracy on the city, state and federal level. That goes a long way to explaining why the post office is a mess, the line at motor vehicles never moves and every major city that they "govern" over in America is on the verge of bankruptcy. Meanwhile they receive the lionshare of college scholarships and graduate school grants which largely go wasted because half of them flunk out or when they do graduate, they have the aptitude of someone who never finished high school. Many are smart and qualified and work hard, but they are overshadowed by a culture of entitlement which is perpatrated by the left which insists on giving "historically disadvantaged" groups preference regardless of the ability of the individual.

The situation in Europe is 100x worse because the majority over there feels guilty just for being alive. So in that case, minorities get more civil liberties than whites, are not forced to work, and are bowed down to by the government at every conceivable opportunity when there is a conflict over their failure to assimilate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 07:02:03 PM »
Racist post reported.