Author Topic: Is this Obama's Waterloo with the left wing?  (Read 6089 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Is this Obama's Waterloo with the left wing?
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2010, 01:14:22 PM »
NO MATTER WHAT, blacks will vote democrat.....NO MATTER WHAT......they have proven it over and over and over and over.....

But WHICH Democrat, if the looney left actually manages to get someone to challenge Obama?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2010, 01:16:48 PM »
I think people like Col. west and Rep. Scott could garner black votes. 

Star Parker, who I like immensely! - scares too many. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2010, 01:17:54 PM »
But WHICH Democrat, if the looney left actually manages to get someone to challenge Obama?

I don't think they would nominate another black person, it would limit them way too much on splitting votes.  Honestly, many of them will just stay home.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2010, 01:19:21 PM »
I like condi and would easily vote for her. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9720567

Ha ha ha ha-  these liberal and left wing hacks are comparing bama to the kid who invites the fat chick to the dance only to make fun of her in a goof.

Guess what you marxist fools - you are the fat chick and you are laughed at.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2010, 02:11:11 PM »
bvar22  (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-08-10 12:52 PM
Response to Original message
40. Obama did NOT "GET" Health Care for 30 MIllion people.
 THAT is a BIG LIE.

Obama is FORCING 30 Million (60 Million?) Americans to BUY Health Insurance from the For Profit
Health Insurance Cartel. MOST of those policies WILL be WORTHLESS due to high deductibles and high Co-Pays.
This IS a Republican Victory.

Bush & The Republicans could have NEVER passed Mandates without a Public Option.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2010, 02:23:10 PM »
I don't think they would nominate another black person, it would limit them way too much on splitting votes.  Honestly, many of them will just stay home.

And, if that happens, the winner of the Democratic nomination is TOAST in the presidential race.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2010, 02:25:05 PM »
it doesn't matter you tards are going to run palin :D :D :D :D :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2010, 02:27:58 PM »

And, if she survives and the economy is as it is now (or worse), she'll kick the crap out of Obama (or whoever the looney left gets to take his place).

You've already taken one beating last month. Keep it up and the one in 2012 will look like a kindergarten spat.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2010, 02:31:52 PM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2010, 02:35:57 PM »
And, if she survives and the economy is as it is now (or worse), she kick the crap out of Obama (or whoever the looney left gets to take his place).

You've already taken one beating last month. Keep it up and the one in 2012 will look like a kindergarten spat.

careful don't fall off the edge of the earth :D :D :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2010, 02:38:19 PM »
careful don't fall off the edge of the earth :D :D :D

Tell that to the libs, still wailing about Obama, cracking on the tax cuts.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2010, 02:54:27 PM »
davidthegnome (507 posts)      Wed Dec-08-10 05:36 PM
67. I wonder if he thinks
 We'll all suddenly start liking him again if he insults us enough? This President has problems with the truth, much like our former President did. I can't understand how otherwise intelligent democrats can continue to support the man. Hello? Does he have to start shooting the elderly and pissing on the poor literally as well figuratively? Is that what it would take?

I went to the convention for him, I spent weeks of my own time advertising his campaign because I believed in him. I convinced friends and family and even a few republicans to vote for him. It seems like the joke is on me though. I fought for him because I wanted at least a public option if we couldn't get single payer. I voted for him because I believed he would "roll back" the Bush tax cuts. I voted for him for his promise to get us out of Iraq. I knew there were issues where he was more conservative, but I thought him to be the only one on the left with a chance of winning and making a change. People told me I would be a fool to vote for Kucinich because he would never have enough votes to make a difference. Maybe they were right in that regard - but to think I supported this man now turns my stomach.

He hasn't provided health care for Americans - he has made expensive private insurance mandatory. I guess we're bringing a lot of troops out of Iraq, to send to Afghanistan but I don't remember keeping 50,000 "non-combat" troops there being in any speech he gave. Do I even have to comment on the tax cuts?

How is he supporting anyone but the wealthy? Who is he providing for other than the corporations? I expected so much better from him.

I'm beyond disappointed now, he has proven again and again to be false. I'll never vote for another lesser evil as long as I live. If that man is a democrat then I'm the Queen of England.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2010, 02:55:41 PM »
don't you have a boat to build :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2010, 02:58:25 PM »

Yeah for all you commies who are going to flee to cuba now that your dreams of a marxist takeover are falling apart. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2010, 02:58:34 PM »

Yep!! I want my family to be safe from drowning from the flood of TEARS from the left, between getting their behinds whipped on election day, the extension of the Bush tax cuts, and the ever-increasing-likelihood of Obama's defeat in 2012.
 ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2010, 03:06:17 PM »
Yep!! I want my family to be safe from drowning from the flood of TEARS from the left, between getting their behinds whipped on election day, the extension of the Bush tax cuts, and the ever-increasing-likelihood of Obama's defeat in 2012.
 ;D

McWay - check this out.

Larry Summers is now threatening the Dems.   Utter meltdown. 

ha ha ha ha - THIS IS PRICELESS. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/08/larry-summers-tax-cut-deal_n_793975.html

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2010, 03:39:20 PM »
If there ever was a day, to state with certainty, that the Community Organizer-in-Charge just doesn't get it....today is that day.

A total detachment from reality by the left.

Repub tsunami coming and the spineless Libs are jumping ship.

Love it.

;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2010, 06:51:17 PM »
liberation (1000+ posts)      Wed Dec-08-10 05:52 PM
76. There seems to be a pattern regarding the clear divide between Obama's rethoric and his actions...
 Edited on Wed Dec-08-10 05:52 PM by liberation
... first he crooned about having the Dem base "making him do the right thing" and when someone does exactly that, he lashes out with all sorts of condescension and vitriol.

So what is it, are we allowed to "make him do the right thing" or are we supposed to march in lockstep right or wrong?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

hA HA HA - THESE GOOF BALLS ARE JUST FIGUIRING THIS OUT.   SUCKERS. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2010, 06:55:41 PM »
caseymoz (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-08-10 09:16 PM
Response to Reply #75
105. Wrong from the beginning.
 Edited on Wed Dec-08-10 09:19 PM by caseymoz
We showed and voted in this election. The independents went against us, and whoever stayed at home was not the progressives.

No, wait until the next election, when the progressives really don't show up for President Obama. Then you'll get a better idea.

As for your pro-Obama propagandist source, he's doing wonderfully, except for the fact that he ordered the assassination of an American citizen, hasn't re-affirmed habeus corpus, has pressed Bush's agenda for extending executive power, has extended the executive branches rights to secrecy, hasn't closed Guantanamo, won't guarantee trial for accused terrorists, still runs black sites throughout the world, has intensified the Afghanistan war and hasn't taken us out of Iraq . . .

I'm tired of writing all that, but that's just basic human rights, the boilerplate I expect a president to have. Minimally.

So, what does he do besides fail to become a President rather then an easygoing dictator? He gave away the public option immediately to drug companies (where public health care has worked in every country where it has been tried), he has been privatizing our schools actually lowering performance, he appointed that damn Debt Commission with those horrible people heading it, he hasn't ended DADT, he appointed Geithner and Summers, two apprentice architects of our current economic disaster to fix it, he gave a stimulus that was too small, the never campaigned for congress to help the unemployed, and his housing program was a rigged failure . . .

I'm tired of writing all that, too.

Now, he cuts a deal that guarantees Social Security will be insolvent. Guarantees it. So, he's giving the program to Republicans for further "fixing." Meanwhile, he's doing this to "cut the deficit" while making the rich richer.

So, WTF about this is so wonderful about him? Your source says 80 percent of people say Obama is doing a good job, that's like, a lie. Tell me the sky is purple and I'll believe it faster. He might even end up being a bigger failure than Bush. I'm wondering now if we could buy out his term and ask him resign and retire to Hawaii.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2010, 06:37:37 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2010, 07:42:24 AM »
  Send tips to video@realclearpolitics.comReal Clear Politics Video
The Latest Politics, News & Election Videos

Carville: This Wasn't Compromise; It Was Capitulation

"The single biggest failed economic policy in history are the Bush tax cuts," Democratic strategist James Carville said on CNN.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2010, 08:57:57 AM »
House Democrats defy Obama on tax cut bill
CNN ^ | December 9,2010 | Dana Bash and Deirdre Walsh

(CNN) - Defying President Obama, House Democrats voted Thursday not to bring up the tax package that he negotiated with Republicans in its current form.

"This message today is very simple: That in the form that it was negotiated, it is not acceptable to the House Democratic caucus. It's as simple as that," said Democratic Congressman Chris Van Hollen.

"We will continue to try and work with the White House and our Republican colleagues to try and make sure we do something right for the economy and right for jobs, and a balanced package as we go forward," he said.

The vote comes a day after Vice President Biden made clear to House Democrats behind closed doors that the deal would unravel if any changes were made.

The vote also come less than an hour after Obama himself urged Congress to pass the compromise he struck with GOP leaders earlier this week and warned that failing to do it could cost jobs.

"There is an important debate on Capitol Hill that will determine in part whether our economy moves backward or forward," Obama said at an Export Council meeting. "The bipartisan framework we have forged on taxes will not only protect working Americans from seeing a major tax increase on January 1, it will provide businesses with incentives to invest, grow, and hire."

(Excerpt) Read more at politicalticker.blogs.cn n.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2010, 05:41:06 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2010, 05:55:12 AM »
latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-dem-donors-20101210,0,49525.story
latimes.com

Obama's tax-cut deal upsets many major donors

Some say they will withhold funds for the next election. Even if they come around before the campaign kicks into gear, the initial backlash could hurt early Democratic efforts to counter GOP-allied groups.

By Matea Gold, Tribune Washington Bureau

4:39 PM PST, December 9, 2010

________________________ ________________________ ___________

President Obama's advisors are confident that liberals dismayed by his agreement to extend tax breaks for the wealthy will forgive him by the time the 2012 election kicks into gear.

But the current backlash on the left may intensify the immediate challenge Democrats face in building a new campaign finance apparatus to challenge Republican-allied outside groups that flexed their muscles in this year's midterm election.

Democratic operatives are already laying plans to set up new independent expenditure committees that can raise unlimited funds, and hope to enroll early contributors to establish a beachhead for the coming campaign. But some stalwart party donors are vowing to withhold funds because of their anger over the tax-cut deal.

"I do not plan to support Obama and his reelection effort," said Utah-based hedge fund manager Art Lipson, who gave hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Democratic Party and its allies in recent elections. He views the tax-cut compromise as a giveaway to Republicans that will increase the deficit.

"He's got many great qualities, but he is not a fighter," Lipson said of the president. "I've met with many donors and the level of disappointment is extreme."

Other discontented contributors are taking a wait-and-see approach.

"I would say I'm not a happy camper," said Paul Egerman, a software entrepreneur in Boston, who said this was the first time he felt Obama reversed himself on a significant policy issue. "That troubles me. I need to be convinced he really had no alternative."

The discontent in the party was underscored Thursday when House Democrats rejected the tax-cut plan in a rowdy closed-door caucus, raising questions about the measure's chances of passing.

Democratic officials said they were confident that both Obama and the party would have plenty of money in 2012, noting that the Democratic National Committee raised a record $195 million in this cycle despite anger in the liberal wing about the lack of a public option in healthcare reform and the slow pace of repealing the ban on gays serving openly in the military.

But the breach between Obama and his liberal financial backers comes at a time when Democrats are frantically trying to play catch-up with the GOP in building robust independent expenditure operations. Early fundraising in 2011 would help Democrats lay the groundwork, particularly in countering a slew of issue ads conservative groups are expected to air in the coming months.

"I can see why they're going to have some of difficulty," said Dennis Mehiel, a longtime Democratic contributor who runs a corrugated-packaging company in New York.

Mehiel said he would consider backing a well-planned independent expenditure operation, but noted, "People that have the capacity to write those kinds of checks are used to getting a return when they spend money," and that they may be reluctant to contribute if they do not feel the administration is effective.

This month, many Democratic donors joined a campaign dubbed Patriotic Millionaires for Fiscal Strength that called on the president to allow the tax cuts for the wealthy to expire. They are now expressing frustration — and some even fury — at the compromise he struck with GOP congressional leaders to extend the cuts for two more years.

"I would not financially support his candidacy again," said Guy Saperstein, an environmental activist and former trial lawyer in Piedmont, Calif.

Saperstein was an early Obama supporter in 2008, but he said he had lost so much confidence in him that he would consider backing a viable primary challenger to run against the president. "I think what he's shown is incredible weakness, which I don't think many people would have predicted," he said.

It's unlikely a serious Democratic challenger will emerge. But the willingness of formerly fervent Obama backers to even raise that prospect speaks to the challenge fundraisers will face in some quarters.

Party activists who work closely with Democratic donors said that reaction to the tax-cut deal had been split. Some contributors view it as an irrevocable breach, while others are disappointed but sympathetic about the difficult political calculus Obama had to make. A third group has come to view the agreement as a net positive because Obama extracted concessions from the GOP on unemployment benefits and payroll taxes.

"I think given the set of circumstances, it was a great deal for the America people," said Austin real estate developer Kirk Rudy, who was a member of Obama's national finance committee in 2008. "I feel good about it as a donor, and I feel as good about helping and working for the president as I ever have."

Many contributors were heartened by Obama's tone in a news conference this week, in which he compared Republicans to hostage-takers.

"I was worried he was going to come out and say, 'The Republicans extended a hand of friendship,' " said David desJardins, an early Google employee who is now an investor and philanthropist. "At the moment, I feel like I'm hopeful the administration understands they do need to draw lines."

Garrett Gruener, a venture capitalist who founded Ask.com, said he wished Obama had extracted more from Republicans, but added that the angst felt by many on the left would likely fade when the campaign draws near.

"Right now, we are having an intramural conversation about how we can do this better," Gruener said. "By the time we get to 2012, we will be comparing alternatives."

matea.gold@latimes.com

________________________ ___________________

This is the pony brigade on the eft.