Author Topic: Who here still gets excited to train?  (Read 20182 times)

Johnny_Blaze

• Getbig II
Re: Who here still gets excited to train?
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 04:01:16 PM »
If you can't train, you might as well just kill yourself. I'm no muscle god, but who wants to walk around looking like a bag full of shit. I don't understand the average person.

loool we need these kinds of people my friend (bags of shit) They make us look better  ;D
Just Do It

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 05:59:14 PM »
anyone who has been training for so many years sure still feels exited or he would have stopped doing this shit long ago like many others who trained for a while them stopped when they got bored or when their lives changed or whatever.. but real gym ppl never stop it whatever happens to them!!..

also one is always more exited when setting new goals to achieve like increasing his size or lifts or getting leaner..

J. Richards

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 10:32:16 AM »
I don't know if "excited" is the word to use........more anxious.........and i also look forward to challenge myself to have better form and rhythm than the last workout....focus....  and also knowing that each days workout and its results are 100% on my shoulders; unlike most things one does throughout their day..........no excuses.......

David M

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 08:13:49 PM »
i'm not excited when i'm at home.  but i'm always so happy on the way home.
Team MEL

cptwatson

• Getbig I
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 10:47:30 AM »
I am always excited to get to the gym to train. I look at the other guys on my job and most of them look pregnant. That alone makes me want to hit the iron. Eventually, God willing and the creek don't rise, I will bench press 225 for 10 reps.  It also helps get rid of the frustration from  dealing with some dweeb that I wish I could smack the crap out of. ( Why don't they have a "Slap a Dweeb Day"?).
Ridin' high

Overbulkedguy

• Getbig II
  • Cutting like an Emo
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2011, 01:41:15 AM »
I personally hate rest days. Getting in the gym is always the high point of my day. Even on days when I feel like there is no point in going as soon as I start that first set that feeling goes out the window.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 11:16:57 AM »
some big ass bells.
F

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 06:31:48 PM »
I feel at my best 10-15 minutes after I start training { "In the ZONE }. 

Idavoll

• Getbig I
  • SUAL
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 08:32:10 PM »
Finally back to training after 9 months. Was steady at it, fucking pumped for the daily does of iron.
Then I joined the Navy and let me tell you, these PSP workouts that your required to do, do not keep your muscle, you get these yummy 20ish lasses who direct you to do planks, squats and pushups. Fuck, you'll never see a weight till your in for 6 months and that;s if you're left alone. Finally got off tasking to him up the base gym.

I get hard just thinking of the iron... or is that the PSP staff?

theheman

• Getbig III
  • Her tetas were shaped like little pointy tortillas
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 09:46:04 PM »
It's funny I was thinking something similar to this today while doing cardio.  You know when you're doing a hour of doing the eliptic trainer there's not much to do so you start thinking.  I was thinking thank God I get to workout and it's so meditative for me.  When I'm working out I feel like I'm in own little world; it's just me, the weights, and the muscles, and those darned people that get in my way.  But it's all good.  If it wasn't for working out I don't know what else I'd do. 

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2011, 07:54:17 PM »
I feel at my best 10-15 minutes after I start training { "In the ZONE }. 

Agree. Love the anticipation before training, but it takes 10 minutes to look around, see what's available, find the right tunes and FKNLIFT

cptwatson

• Getbig I
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2011, 08:03:25 PM »
I get excited to train about 15 minutes after starting. Going through my workout, I love to challenge myself to lift heavier and heavier, and / or do more sets per bodypart. I also get excited a couple of days later when I feel my muscles respond to my workout.
Ridin' high

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 09:27:01 PM »
I've been training since I was a teen and will continue training until I can no longer do so. I love challenging myself physically.
T

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2011, 04:02:11 PM »
I love the endorphin release that follows exercise.
Lately, I've been fortunate enough to train in the early morning.
The caffeine-buzz, post-workout food, and endorphins make the day much more tolerable; even bordering on enjoyable.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2012, 08:50:44 PM »
BB is life and the gym is my second home.
T

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 05:42:43 AM »
i'm getting older (33)
i'm a night worker
i injuried myself few time because of too much powerlifting training style
i divorced last year
was forced to move for the job so i quit my good old hardcore gym and all buddies

so after a hard time training seriously because of lack of motivation i'm now back on track, i'm back on the powerbuilding training routine i enjoyed in my 20's, my old collection of flex come back in the bathroom, got a new gf who enjoy muscle, so everything is ok.

the feeling of endorphin, the smell of a good old gym, the contact of iron, the feeling of soreness after a squat/leg session, nothin can beat that.
asstropin

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2012, 06:41:05 AM »
lifting weights just feels good any thing after that is a bonus
c

cptwatson

• Getbig I
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2012, 09:09:27 AM »
Will always love my visits to the iron kingdom. Sometimes wish I had a workout partner....oh well. Good Lord will and the creek don't rise, I will be okay.
Ridin' high

jannet

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »
I don't no why people using that's stupid abuse language in their daily life....
it's disgusting /....

PhysiqueNatural

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2012, 02:06:06 AM »
I know we've all (or many of us) have been doing this for years, but I still get excited when I know that I get to go to the gym, forget about all the stress and shit of life, and just train and challenge myself.  I find the challenge to be the real addiction that is the iron bug: am I going to be better this time than I was last time? Corny, I know, but it still keeps me motivated.
It's not corny man i feel the same way!  :)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2012, 03:01:46 PM »
I have burned out training to many times in my 30 plus years of training. I think I was to influenced to much by Arthur Jones and Mike Metzer. If you're not training to failure and to an inch of your life you're not training.  Now with age I see what b.s. that is.  There are times to go balls to the wall but not every training session. I like what Pearl said, train hard but not to failure.

jannet

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2012, 09:55:48 PM »
yeah i totally agree with you...

cptwatson

• Getbig I
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2012, 12:45:06 AM »
It is not a matter of what the coffin or the oven care about. It is a matter of living your best quality of life. Each day is an adventure, too valuable to worry about what we can't control.
Ridin' high

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2012, 04:28:05 PM »
I don't no why people using that's stupid abuse language in their daily life....
it's disgusting /....
???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

flex luger

• Getbig II
  • project: Single Digit
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2012, 03:56:15 PM »
im coming up to completing my first full year of training. so of course everyday it's all i think about atm.

It's a daily struggle to find balance, BB is too much fun
i trust me