Author Topic: Who here still gets excited to train?  (Read 20228 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Who here still gets excited to train?
« on: December 07, 2010, 09:34:47 PM »
I know we've all (or many of us) have been doing this for years, but I still get excited when I know that I get to go to the gym, forget about all the stress and shit of life, and just train and challenge myself.  I find the challenge to be the real addiction that is the iron bug: am I going to be better this time than I was last time? Corny, I know, but it still keeps me motivated.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Who here still gets excited to train?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 12:24:08 AM »
I know we've all (or many of us) have been doing this for years, but I still get excited when I know that I get to go to the gym, forget about all the stress and shit of life, and just train and challenge myself.  I find the challenge to be the real addiction that is the iron bug: am I going to be better this time than I was last time? Corny, I know, but it still keeps me motivated.
I know, its a great feeling, I have it most of the time...
it sucks though when you lack motivation...as soon as you get in the gym you just want to get the workout done and get the fuck out of there..

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 05:32:47 AM »

It's just like a job for me, an obligation. That's all.
I hate the State.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 07:21:12 AM »
Only when i'm on the sauce do i get really excited to train..

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 12:17:33 PM »
Part of my life for almost 30 years and I still love to train.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 02:18:29 PM »

It depends on who's on the StairMaster.

;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 02:49:25 PM »
Im 35 and I still greatly enjoy it - just different.  I try to make the workouts more intense and quicker and heavier. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 03:59:41 PM »
I admit I've lost my motivation for weightlifting and have found that strongman training before weights is a great motivator.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Alex23

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 05:14:19 PM »
Diversify my neega... ;D

chaos is right; drastic routine changes are required, absolutely necessary...

I still get excited; except for legs ;D, when the routine settles, I simply revamp everything. for now I decided to drop the commercial gym for a while and train at home... been only a couple of weeks but so far I love it....

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 11:22:59 AM »
it's my only reason for living.
F

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 01:07:56 PM »
Ive got the fever to train once again .....only after a good layoff though ...tonight its legs !!!!!
L

Alex23

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 01:08:59 PM »
Ive got the fever to train once again .....only after a good layoff though ...tonight its legs !!!!!

X2.....

... then again, let's talk in a week.. my opinion might be different ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »
Sometimes yes,sometimes no.

....but usually when I get into the gym I'm all in.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 01:23:36 PM »
X2.....

... then again, let's talk in a week.. my opinion might be different ;D
For me ...i have to feel sore somewhere on my body (no homo) to be in the mindset...
L

Alex23

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 01:30:39 PM »
For me ...i have to feel sore somewhere on my body (no homo) to be in the mindset...

Same here...

Sometimes yes,sometimes no.
....but usually when I get into the gym I'm all in.

fuck no... sometime I walk the fuck out because my headset battery goes out or don't like the smell that day... ;D

hence building a home gym ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 01:41:24 PM »
Same here...

fuck no... sometime I walk the fuck out because my headset battery goes out or don't like the smell that day... ;D

hence building a home gym ;D

Eh,some nice "views'' in my gym...so I don't mind going ;)...plus it's less then a 5 minute ride for me.

Alex23

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 01:47:09 PM »
Eh,some nice "views'' in my gym...so I don't mind going ;)...plus it's less then a 5 minute ride for me.

closeness plays a big role...

My summer routine was cool; brand new LA fitness 2 miles from the office, would take off at 11:30, be back around 1 ish... have lunch with a buddy of mine either at the gym or at a little restaurant close by...  problem was showering there fuck I hated it...

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »
I've been training 18 years now and I still love to train. I never "dread" going to the gym like some people do, like it's a chore. For me it's a lifestyle and I'll probably be doing it in some capacity for the rest of my life.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 12:23:47 PM »

Again, it depends on who's on the StairMaster!!

;D

Heavy_Hitter

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 11:58:12 PM »
Again, it depends on who's on the StairMaster!!

;D

The stronger I get the more I have a love/hate relationship wiht training, the heavy weights takes a toll on your body, but I love being big! :)

Noswal

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 12:59:12 AM »
And I thought it was just me!!!!.

I'm new here (from the UK), got into fitness nearly a year ago but now into bodybuilding. I think I'm not doing to bad for a beginner but knowhere as muscular as most of you guys but my motivation is to get there is stong.
Today is one of my two days off a week but I am pasing around wanting to go to the gym & do a session.
It was even worse a week before christmas when I got a bronchial infection so had to lay off the training & then there was the christmas period when I was away from home for a week.
That made two weeks away from the gym & I was so frustrated not being able to train hard. Anyway I have been back at the gym for a week now & I reckon I have made more gains than I have for a long time though I have got to shed a few pounds gained over the festive season.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 02:33:42 AM »
I haven't gotten excited excited in a long while.  The results are what keep me going now.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 06:14:29 AM »

The stronger I get the more I have a love/hate relationship wiht training, the heavy weights takes a toll on your body, but I love being big! :)

As you get older, you need more warmups (I know I do) and you may have to take down your super-heavy set down a bit.

But, it's still a lot of fun, especially with the right scenery on the StairMasters.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 01:26:04 PM »
 If you can't train, you might as well just kill yourself. I'm no muscle god, but who wants to walk around looking like a bag full of shit. I don't understand the average person.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 10:26:28 AM »
I've found new vigor in this new gym I was forced to join. #'s on the rise, bitches. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!