Author Topic: Zack Khan, injured AGAIN... :(  (Read 8070 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Zack Khan, injured AGAIN... :(
« on: December 08, 2010, 05:13:15 AM »
What a shame..

Stavios

Re: Zack Khan, injured AGAIN... :(
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 05:39:56 AM »
career over (it already was)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 05:51:55 AM »
he can always do some G4P.  ;D

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 05:52:01 AM »

i feel very bad for him, im not a fan of his

but everyone who puts in that much work, adn makes those kind of sacrifices for that long............deserves to at least the chance to display them self

let this be a warning to everyone trying to impress their gym buddies loading up a dozen plates........use concentrated movements, use high reps, use drops sets, supersets, small rest between exercises............... ...still lift heavy, but not so heavy your putting yourself in danger

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 06:03:25 AM »
What's happened to him?

I've seen this guy at a lot of clubs here in Sheffield (Northern England)

He's a real party animal, always got women around him touching his giant arms.

Stavios

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 06:09:40 AM »
i feel very bad for him, im not a fan of his

but everyone who puts in that much work, adn makes those kind of sacrifices for that long............deserves to at least the chance to display them self

let this be a warning to everyone trying to impress their gym buddies loading up a dozen plates........use concentrated movements, use high reps, use drops sets, supersets, small rest between exercises............... ...still lift heavy, but not so heavy your putting yourself in danger

true story

I don't lift as heavy as I did before and the gains are still comming at the same pace

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 06:14:46 AM »
true story

I don't lift as heavy as I did before and the gains are still comming at the same pace

i have shifted the focus of my lifts to really trying hard to establish that mind-muscle connection that everyone talks about......and really feel the muscle in workign being worked

like doing a curl, i feel the bicep lifting the weight, not momentum from my back, or my chest and shoulder...........i still use a good weight, but i feel when you start gettin real heavy, particularly in a exercise liek curls.......you start recruit a lot of other muscles to help move the weight

and i real feel like this focus on thinking through the exercise has made big changes to my physique

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 06:17:22 AM »
I gotta say,

Zack has to have the dumbest sounding voice in all of bodybuilding.

trust me, it's not just the accent. I live near him and hear British asians talking all day long,

Nobody has this drawn out, searching for words, drawl type speech he has.

It really enforces the stereotype of the big dumb bodybuilder

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 06:17:55 AM »
Again?  ???

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 06:27:11 AM »

i have shifted the focus of my lifts to really trying hard to establish that mind-muscle connection that everyone talks about......and really feel the muscle in workign being worked

like doing a curl, i feel the bicep lifting the weight, not momentum from my back, or my chest and shoulder...........i still use a good weight, but i feel when you start gettin real heavy, particularly in a exercise liek curls.......you start recruit a lot of other muscles to help move the weight

and i real feel like this focus on thinking through the exercise has made big changes to my physique

Un$ung, I couldn't agree more.
Even with the last few weeks, I have taken a long needed break (work, family--new baby in the house, lack of sleep, golf, training have taken their toll), and focused on prehab stuff like stretching and foam roller.  When I get back into it this weeekend, I plan on not going for any records for beomg the strongest guy training in a basement.

Honestly, back in 2000, I met one of the best built dudes I ever saw at the gym.  Guy was in his mid 40's, and had a lot of traning years under his belt with admitted use in the 80s. 
He had a very old school approach to stuff, with focus on the compound movements.  For instance, he did deadlifts, but never went over 185.  He was always focused on form and the mind/muscle connection, perhaps too much so.  Thing is, he told me he hadn't had a lifting injury for over 10 years, and that was a reslut of flat bench, which he never did again, only inclines and dips.

Even more interesting, he did lateral raises, but no overhead stuff, as he told me that training shoulders doesn't really have room in his training, and felt that he got enough stimulation from dips and inclines, coupled with laterals and rear delt exercises on occassion.

As I am getting into my mid 30s, I am beginning to agree with him more.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 06:39:25 AM »
Un$ung, I couldn't agree more.
Even with the last few weeks, I have taken a long needed break (work, family--new baby in the house, lack of sleep, golf, training have taken their toll), and focused on prehab stuff like stretching and foam roller.  When I get back into it this weeekend, I plan on not going for any records for beomg the strongest guy training in a basement.

Honestly, back in 2000, I met one of the best built dudes I ever saw at the gym.  Guy was in his mid 40's, and had a lot of traning years under his belt with admitted use in the 80s. 
He had a very old school approach to stuff, with focus on the compound movements.  For instance, he did deadlifts, but never went over 185.  He was always focused on form and the mind/muscle connection, perhaps too much so.  Thing is, he told me he hadn't had a lifting injury for over 10 years, and that was a reslut of flat bench, which he never did again, only inclines and dips.

Even more interesting, he did lateral raises, but no overhead stuff, as he told me that training shoulders doesn't really have room in his training, and felt that he got enough stimulation from dips and inclines, coupled with laterals and rear delt exercises on occassion.

you definitly gotta train smart or you just injure yourself

lot of roads lead to rome, you dont need to do crazy heavy weight to grow big muscles

that doestn mean im not working hard., i see these guys do six reps of somethig, then hang out for 10 minutes

i jump from set to set with very little rest, always keeping the muscle stressed

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 06:43:40 AM »

It's like that famous Bob Chick quote

"I't not how much you lift or how much you look like you can lift. It's how many drugs you take"

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 06:49:37 AM »

I agree.

After over 10 years of serious training I came to the same realization. The days of slinging weights around are gone.

I train very basic, but i change it up all the time. I have noticed a nice increase in my bicep size since i went lower weight and focused more on controlled reps with a slow negative. I honestly think my bi's look better today than they did years ago when I was using.

8)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 07:06:31 AM »
It's like that famous Bob Chick quote

"I't not how much you lift or how much you look like you can lift. It's how many drugs you take"

lol

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 09:11:43 AM »
Swede on suicide watch!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 09:15:02 AM »
He sounds punch drunk, or suffering from dementia.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 09:40:08 AM »
this guy looks like the Brooklyn Brawler   :-\

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 11:03:59 AM »
this guy looks like the Brooklyn Brawler   :-\

brooklyn brawler and pat paterson were, are butt buddies.
F

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 11:27:06 AM »
great posts un sung, silverspoon, and overload.  i wonder why you never hear about this stuff on other, more training-focused sites?