Author Topic: Best promos ever cut....  (Read 6706 times)

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
Best promos ever cut....
« on: December 09, 2010, 05:22:29 PM »
Sting...

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Best promos ever cut....
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »
Just paste the link and hit the youtube button, just like if you were posting an image or link.

ckanyon99

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:27:15 PM »
Cutting the best promos in wrestling I thought allways went to Raven.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 06:07:48 AM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 06:11:06 AM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 06:13:49 AM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 06:35:25 AM »

:o

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 06:53:59 AM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 07:23:19 AM »

:o

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think that the Stossel incident was just used as THE excuse/reason to get rid of Schultz.
From what others have said, Schultz often had a bad attitude, was difficult to work with, and could often be a troublemaker; just look at his last day in the AWA.

I suspect the old man hired "Dr. D" mainly because 1.) he was Hogan's buddy, and 2.) to further weaken Verne's roster.
There was absolutely no reason to tolerate and/or keep Schultz.
If he was worth it, Vince would have capitalized on the 20/20 incident by turning it into an angle.
Instead, they used it as the justification to can him.

Also, LOL at Hogan losing his place around 2:10.
After stuttering, it looked like he mouthed, “Ah, fukk,” while walking off camera.

Heenan or Vince probably gave him the signal to go back out and finish just so they wouldn’t have to do the Schultz/Piper promo again.
Who knows what that hillbilly would have said a second time round.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 07:28:20 AM »

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think that the Stossel incident was just used as THE excuse/reason to get rid of Schultz.
From what others have said, Schultz often had a bad attitude, was difficult to work with, and could often be a troublemaker; just look at his last day in the AWA.

I suspect the old man hired "Dr. D" mainly because 1.) he was Hogan's buddy, and 2.) to further weaken Verne's roster.
There was absolutely no reason to tolerate and/or keep Schultz.
If he was worth it, Vince would have capitalized on the 20/20 incident by turning it into an angle.
Instead, they used it as the justification to can him.

Also, LOL at Hogan losing his place around 2:10.
After stuttering, it looked like he mouthed, “Ah, fukk,” while walking off camera.

Heenan or Vince probably gave him the signal to go back out and finish just so they wouldn’t have to do the Schultz/Piper promo again.
Who knows what that hillbilly would have said a second time round.

There is a youtube vid from a convention of Shultz blasting Hogan....and everything he says rings true.  He actually comes across pretty well. 

Shultz should have been in the NWA/WCW.  He would have been a perfect heel for them, but I bet the backstage fighting probably caused them not to work with him.

his promos were damn funny though, nothing you could get away with now, but its so true because I grew up with and have tons of friends who talk and think exactly like him...... haha  Scary as that may be....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 07:36:03 AM »
There is a youtube vid from a convention of Shultz blasting Hogan....and everything he says rings true.  He actually comes across pretty well. 

Shultz should have been in the NWA/WCW.  He would have been a perfect heel for them, but I bet the backstage fighting probably caused them not to work with him.

his promos were damn funny though, nothing you could get away with now, but its so true because I grew up with and have tons of friends who talk and think exactly like him...... haha  Scary as that may be....

I've heard some of Schultz's comments about Hogan.
While I'm sure that at least some of it is true, Schultz still strikes me as just another jealous, disgruntled whistle-blower.
Of course, when Hulkster got him his WWF job, "Terry" was the greatest human being alive.

Schultz is simply another Superstar Billy Graham.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 07:39:53 AM »

While I'm sure that at least some of it is true, Schultz still strikes me as just another jealous, disgruntled whistle-blower.
Of course, when Hulkster got him his WWF job, "Terry" was the greatest human being alive.

Bullseye.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 07:39:57 AM »

To a degree, I agree.  But I think a lot of Hogan's "friends" were nothing more than pawns that Hogan used to get himself over.  i think once they saw thru that, it pissed them off.  I'm sure Hogan was telling them, "Oh yeah brother, come up to NY and we will work a program and make some money...."  But HOGAN made the money and another career was buried. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 07:57:23 AM »
To a degree, I agree.  But I think a lot of Hogan's "friends" were nothing more than pawns that Hogan used to get himself over.  i think once they saw thru that, it pissed them off.  I'm sure Hogan was telling them, "Oh yeah brother, come up to NY and we will work a program and make some money...."  But HOGAN made the money and another career was buried. 

That's a good point, but it's naive for them to think they'd work programs with Hogan for the rest of their careers.
And, if they felt their carrers were buried in the Fed after their big money program, then they should have gone back to their old territories.

In the WWF, many guys were making up to 3x what even the best-paying territories gave them in the same role.
Guys should have just been glad to be in the Fed at all, and if they thought they could do better somewhere else, then go there.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 08:01:40 AM »
Keep in mind that when Hogan was at the peak of his popularity between 1985-1990, anyone who fueded with Hogan made around 70,000 per week. That's what Orndorff confirmed along with a few others like Piper, Orton Jr. and Bundy. I find the whiners are the wrestlers that never went anywhere (David Shultz) or the guys that had the chance, where on top and then blew it and frizzled out (like Graham).

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 08:01:50 AM »

That's a good point, but it's naive for them to think they'd work programs with Hogan for the rest of their careers.
And, if they felt their carrers were buried in the Fed after their big money program, then they should have gone back to their old territories.

In the WWF, many guys were making up to 3x what even the best-paying territories gave them in the same role.
Guys should have just been glad to be in the Fed at all, and if they thought they could do better somewhere else, then go there.

I think that was the problem.  They saw the big $$$$ and of course VKM and Hogan were talking it up, but with no quaranteed contracts, I wonder how many of them really saw that level of pay over a few years?  I bet very few.  But you are right, they should have left before they no longer had any value.  the more I learn about the business, the smarter I think guys like Hansen, Brody, Road Warriors were.....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 08:04:15 AM »
I think that was the problem.  They saw the big $$$$ and of course VKM and Hogan were talking it up, but with no quaranteed contracts, I wonder how many of them really saw that level of pay over a few years?  I bet very few.  But you are right, they should have left before they no longer had any value.  the more I learn about the business, the smarter I think guys like Hansen, Brody, Road Warriors were.....
I know a lot of guys were pissed that they didn't have a "Hogan money making fued/run". For example, Rick Rude and Honky Tonk Man.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 08:05:44 AM »
I know a lot of guys were pissed that they didn't have a "Hogan money making fued/run". For example, Rick Rude and Honky Tonk Man.

I wonder if they were told that they would have one before hand?  In Rude's case, I would be pissed. As for Honky, he wasn't going anywhere and the fed was very good to him and his "career."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 08:07:44 AM »

Honky had a decent I-C run.
I think he worked a couple of matches with Hogan, but it never went anywhere.

Funny - I never thought about Rude.
He did a couple of programs with UW as H-W champ, but I wonder why they never put him with Hogan...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 08:09:11 AM »

Honky had a decent I-C run.
I think he worked a couple of matches with Hogan, but it never went anywhere.

Funny - I never thought about Rude.
He did a couple of programs with UW as H-W champ, but I wonder why they never put him with Hogan...

I remember reading somewhere that Rude was PISSED that he didn't get a run with Hogan.  He deserved one.  He was way over as a heel during that time.  Not sure why it never happened.  Although, I got the impression Rude felt Hogan didn't want to do it, for whatever reason.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 09:46:12 AM »
I remember reading somewhere that Rude was PISSED that he didn't get a run with Hogan.  He deserved one.  He was way over as a heel during that time.  Not sure why it never happened.  Although, I got the impression Rude felt Hogan didn't want to do it, for whatever reason.
Both Rude & Honky had 1 house show match with Hogan. Honky's was actually televised and on SNME. Rude's was at the Boston Garden in Feb of 1988 and only a couple of months after he came to the WWE. They both said that in their one time afair with Hogan that their payoff was HUGE. Somewhere around 7-9 grand for the take. Now imagine they had a 6 month fued with Hogan like Orndorff did in his high profile fued with the Hulkster back in 1986?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 09:51:48 AM »
Both Rude & Honky had 1 house show match with Hogan. Honky's was actually televised and on SNME. Rude's was at the Boston Garden in Feb of 1988 and only a couple of months after he came to the WWE. They both said that in their one time afair with Hogan that their payoff was HUGE. Somewhere around 7-9 grand for the take. Now imagine they had a 6 month fued with Hogan like Orndorff did in his high profile fued with the Hulkster back in 1986?

No doubt.  Great paydays for those guys who did get a run with Hogan.  i think the mistake a lot of them made was hanging around in the WWF for too long after....probably hoping to get another run with him.....and by the time they realized it wasn't going to happen, they had little to no value anywhere else.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 10:00:39 AM »
No doubt.  Great paydays for those guys who did get a run with Hogan.  i think the mistake a lot of them made was hanging around in the WWF for too long after....probably hoping to get another run with him.....and by the time they realized it wasn't going to happen, they had little to no value anywhere else.
The guys that were GOOD got putinto high profile fueds with big paydays. Savage is a perfect example. He fueded with Hogan only a couple of months into his entrance into the WWE in late 1985 and then was put almost immediately into a fued with Tito Santana for the IC title. The rest is history.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »

^^ Which, I believe, is another reason so many guys were reluctant to sign "contracts" with Vince.
Many probably saw the truth that they could do more damage than good.
But, that was just one more exercise in control on the old man's part.
By not letting them go until they were almost relegated to "underneath" status, Vince knew they'd be no threat to his show in another territory.

Bundy probably could have gone into NC or or MN fresh off the heels of his WM2 match and entered into some big-money feuds with the top guys there.
By staying in the Fed, Bundy instead went into WM3 working a mixed-tag match with the midgets.
You think his industry value dropped?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 10:03:52 AM »
The guys that were GOOD got putinto high profile fueds with big paydays. Savage is a perfect example. He fueded with Hogan only a couple of months into his entrance into the WWE in late 1985 and then was put almost immediately into a fued with Tito Santana for the IC title. The rest is history.

I think the writing was on the wall for Savage from day one.
It was like you knew they just had to put the strap on him - the way he looked, talked, and worked.

And, to go with what you wrote above, Macho was cutting smack promos on Hogan before even winning the I-C belt.
It almost seemed like a natural progression.