Author Topic: Best promos ever cut....  (Read 6747 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Best promos ever cut....
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 10:19:58 AM »

^^ Which, I believe, is another reason so many guys were reluctant to sign "contracts" with Vince.
Many probably saw the truth that they could do more damage than good.
But, that was just one more exercise in control on the old man's part.
By not letting them go until they were almost relegated to "underneath" status, Vince knew they'd be no threat to his show in another territory.

Bundy probably could have gone into NC or or MN fresh off the heels of his WM2 match and entered into some big-money feuds with the top guys there.
By staying in the Fed, Bundy instead went into WM3 working a mixed-tag match with the midgets.
You think his industry value dropped?
Bundy definately could have been used much better after his big cage match with Hogan. I mean wrestling Hillbilly Jim and midgets atm WM3? Come on, Vince. He did re-enter a couple of SNME matches with Hogan that lead to the big angle leading into WM4 but even still, they could have utilized Bundy better then what they did.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 11:24:08 AM »
It's funny that Savage is the exception to the way VKM fed Hogan the next "can't be beaten monster heel."  The formula was so predictable.  Bring in big guy, have him beat a bunch of jobbers, a couple of 2nd tier guys....maybe do a run-in on Hogan....and then the big payoff match. 

With Savage they had a whole other animal.  He was way, way over for a heel at the time.  Love him or hate him, you just had to watch him.  He was such a throwback in that he could talk and wrestle, so they couldn't deny him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 11:55:49 AM »
It's funny that Savage is the exception to the way VKM fed Hogan the next "can't be beaten monster heel."  The formula was so predictable.  Bring in big guy, have him beat a bunch of jobbers, a couple of 2nd tier guys....maybe do a run-in on Hogan....and then the big payoff match. 

With Savage they had a whole other animal.  He was way, way over for a heel at the time.  Love him or hate him, you just had to watch him.  He was such a throwback in that he could talk and wrestle, so they couldn't deny him.
Savage was an instant star. One of the best talents ever to enter a squared circle, hard worker and one of the sports highest paid earners AND probably the only person aside from Warrior who Vince was NEVER able to break or screw over.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 11:57:37 AM »
Savage was an instant star. One of the best talents ever to enter a squared circle, hard worker and one of the sports highest paid earners AND probably the only person aside from Warrior who Vince was NEVER able to break or screw over.

I remember when Savage first arrived, they had all the managers out "scouting" him and supposedly bidding on him....perfect way to bring him in.  and he always delivered whether in a promo or in the ring. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 12:00:53 PM »
I remember when Savage first arrived, they had all the managers out "scouting" him and supposedly bidding on him....perfect way to bring him in.  and he always delivered whether in a promo or in the ring. 
Kind of reminded me of "The battle for Bam Bam"...lol...

But when Liz walked out...even I was like WTF? She's HOT and I was only 9...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 08:58:39 PM »
Rude always had some good chops on the mic:

LOL!!
You're a 250lb. boyle on the booty of life.
And, me?
I'm 215lbs. of Oxy 5.
 ;D