Author Topic: Is powerlifting a white trash sport?  (Read 35177 times)

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Is powerlifting a white trash sport?
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2010, 12:32:10 PM »
Seriously though man, its always powerlifters and strongmen that die yet bodybuilders probably take a higher volume of gear
Is it the type of gear powerlifters take (anadrol, test suspension, etc) or the stress the heart has through crazy lifts?

I know a lot of guys of many levels from both side of the fence and usually powerlifters and strongmen use far less gear, but we are heavier and train with heavier weights, plus most of us don't do cardio or at least not enough of it  (including me) and that combination screams for cardiac issues... Most bodybuilders use tons compared to other strength athletes, but also eat healthier, do cardio and don't walk around years on end at over 300 lbs so i think that the other factors that bodybuilders do, save them from dropping dead... Of course there are other things to consider, such as stims and diuretics, but generally i think bodybuilders just live healthier...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2010, 03:38:36 PM »
generally i think bodybuilders just live healthier...

does not compute

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »
Both guys do copious amounts of drugs years on end.

At least when dieting bbuilders do some sort of cardio and eat a cleaner diet. Bb's might be 300lbs or more for 5 weeks of the year. not 5+ years on end.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2010, 04:10:57 PM »
No.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2010, 05:01:39 PM »
No warning signs that any of us were aware of. Nicks wife woke up and he didnt, pretty sad situation!!! Opened my eyes to how short and precious life really is!

Life is generally a lot longer when one isn't a drug addict and lives a healthy lifestyle.
Trans Milkshake.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2010, 05:13:37 PM »
does not compute
I meant the bodyweigth mostly...
At least when dieting bbuilders do some sort of cardio and eat a cleaner diet. Bb's might be 300lbs or more for 5 weeks of the year. not 5+ years on end.
YEP.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2010, 11:38:14 AM »
im white,,, and have competed forever white guys generaly bench, this is mainly cause blacks have longer arms with hurt in the bench and help a whole lot in the deads.. more but black guys usually have great deadlifts which is a higher percentage of the total and they are generally equal in the squat...its always better to have a bigger dead than bench and the dead is done last in the meet so you know what you need to do to win and have your best lift comin up last...now the black guys dont generally get into powerlifting at a younge age casue they goto the big money sports nfl and such....i feel this is the only reason they dont dominate powerlifting...even though alot have   steve goggins, gene bell, lamar gant super super long arms!!!!!

Formerly_Owner76

• Getbig III
  • Long Time Troll!
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2010, 11:49:51 AM »
im white,,, and have competed forever white guys generaly bench, this is mainly cause blacks have longer arms with hurt in the bench and help a whole lot in the deads.. more but black guys usually have great deadlifts which is a higher percentage of the total and they are generally equal in the squat...its always better to have a bigger dead than bench and the dead is done last in the meet so you know what you need to do to win and have your best lift comin up last...now the black guys dont generally get into powerlifting at a younge age casue they goto the big money sports nfl and such....i feel this is the only reason they dont dominate powerlifting...even though alot have   steve goggins, gene bell, lamar gant super super long arms!!!!!

Good post... Its true, its damn true.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2010, 11:55:23 AM »
No offense to Lamar, but he was severly deformed (severe scoliosis) and that's a HUGE reason as to why he had such a great pull. Black dudes can't hang wit da white dudes on bench, coz they don't have the shoulder gridle that da white man has 8)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2014, 04:46:52 AM »
Four years later--has anything changed?

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2014, 04:57:52 AM »
I think PL has grown, at least on a local / state level. The recent Ca. State Chsmpionchip had something like 270 competators, but no, it's still pretty white trash.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2014, 05:08:46 AM »
PL is as classy as BB is straight.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2014, 02:24:55 PM »
Four years later--has anything changed?
Yes, im powerlifting now so its now cool and anyone who hates is a gay

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2014, 03:11:06 PM »
powerlifters are highly educated people of good standing

;D I wonder who the last picture was?

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2014, 03:31:20 PM »
The last picture is not showing up, I see the top one is Mark Rippetoe looking quite white trash-ish.

I actually like Rippetoe - he is good at making people strong and maximising their natural abilities. They look like shit from a bodybuilding perspective but that's not his goal. He gets a lot of shit from people but what I like about him is he just doesn't care.

Now Louie Simmons, that's a different story... Train some fat slobs to perform back lifts and 1 inch ROM bench presses while wearing multiple layers of elastic gear and be labelled a genius.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2014, 03:55:46 PM »
not sure if serious... but that's mark rippetoe

gotta love the diagrams & graphs on the whiteboard behind him.....5x5 is an elaborate science clearly