Author Topic: Studio Wrestling vs. Arena  (Read 2452 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Studio Wrestling vs. Arena
« on: December 09, 2010, 10:40:58 PM »
Who here liked studio wrestling better then the arena one?  I always enjoyed Mid Atlantic and Georgia better then the WWF.  Liked the interviews better because they always ended in a fight.  Who knows why, maybe to fill time or what not, but everytime you saw Tommy Rich you knew someone was going to come out and start something.  I don't know what it was about the studio but I felt it was better shot and sounded better since it was such small space.  One thing that turned me off with the WWF was the CENSORED screen that used to appear when the wrester was bleeding.  Blackjack would apply the claw and boom-Censored.  Wish those Georigia and Mid Atlantic times would have never ended. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Studio Wrestling vs. Arena
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 04:58:49 AM »
Either or its all about the caliber of the match. I also enjoyed the NWA / Mid-Atlantic days too when they wrestled in a TV studio in front of about 200 people tops but wrestling as evolved so much and become so mainstream that there is no need to wrestle in such a small venue.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 06:30:30 AM »

Studio.

WWE does big arenas which is fine if you're up close. Annoying if you're not.

The World Wrestling Allstars wrestled a smaller arena here in Melbourne which felt cosier. Finally got to see Sabu wrestle which was great. Brett Hart did a scathing monologue on Vince and the WWE. I had a great time but like BB shows none of my friends wanted to go. Get some weird looks when you go to these things alone, when you're female. Would love to travel the USA and hit live wrestling venues all over the place one day.

And Japan. Wish I could have seen an on fire Jushin Liger.

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 07:11:41 AM »
Studio.

WWE does big arenas which is fine if you're up close. Annoying if you're not.

The World Wrestling Allstars wrestled a smaller arena here in Melbourne which felt cosier. Finally got to see Sabu wrestle which was great. Brett Hart did a scathing monologue on Vince and the WWE. I had a great time but like BB shows none of my friends wanted to go. Get some weird looks when you go to these things alone, when you're female. Would love to travel the USA and hit live wrestling venues all over the place one day.

And Japan. Wish I could have seen an on fire Jushin Liger.

I remember this. Is World Wrestling All Stars still around?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 10:45:21 AM »
I prefer the studio look/feel.  The promos were cut on the spot and there was an element of "who knows what might happen" where now when some guy is standing in the ring, walking around for 10 minutes and babbling......and if someone does a "run in" his music plays as he walks down the ramp...   ::)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 11:33:03 AM »
I prefer the studio look/feel.  The promos were cut on the spot and there was an element of "who knows what might happen" where now when some guy is standing in the ring, walking around for 10 minutes and babbling......and if someone does a "run in" his music plays as he walks down the ramp...   ::)
Those were the good old days when you had REAL talent that could cut promos and wrestle on the fly (steamboat vs flair 1989 for example) without creative "telling" the talent what to say and how to wrestle.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 10:57:45 PM »
Those were the good old days when you had REAL talent that could cut promos and wrestle on the fly (steamboat vs flair 1989 for example) without creative "telling" the talent what to say and how to wrestle.

Flair vs. Stemboat in 89' when he tore Flair's clothes off?  He did the same thing in Mid Atlantic I think in the early eighties.lol

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 05:33:11 AM »
It's not worth going if your not up close.
Not necessarily. I prefer to sit a few rows up so I can look down and get a clear birds eye view. The one time I sat 2nd row ringside, I could see the slacking in punches thrown and I could here a couple of them "talking" to one another which in turn spoiled the show.