Author Topic: Overeem whooped all and becomes K-1 numero uno  (Read 9366 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Overeem whooped all and becomes K-1 numero uno
« on: December 11, 2010, 09:25:49 AM »
Fedor or Werdun are next ... both will get killed

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Overeem whooped all and becomes K-1 numero uno
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 09:29:56 AM »

I don't know if that's such an accurate prediction.  

Overeem has lost to some questionable opponents in the past, of the which Werdun defeated him in the past.

His triumph in K-1 is just as illustrious and as predictive as Fedor's past triumphs in the Sambo world tournaments, reality is it doesn't mean anything more than his ability in one particular type of style/tournament.

"1"

spinnis

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 09:36:13 AM »
holy shit is aerts still fighting

spinnis

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 09:38:18 AM »
Reems needs to LEAVE strikeforce so he has SOMEONE to fucking fight mma with.

Hopefully he can get a contract with ufc that allowes k-1 also, doubt it though lol.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 12:12:48 PM »
Reems needs to LEAVE strikeforce so he has SOMEONE to fucking fight mma with.

Hopefully he can get a contract with ufc that allowes k-1 also, doubt it though lol.

He only started fighting in K-1 because the money's good and he could use the exposure. If he gets the chance to sign a good UFC contract he won't think twice about dropping K-1 once his contract ends.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 12:25:23 PM »
He was getting lit up by a one armed Saki, whooped all is a slight exaggeration. He did well though, he deserves props.

Interesting to see how he does against some top opposition in mma next year.
Trans Milkshake.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 12:50:52 PM »
I want to see Overeem fight Lesnar or Fedor, that will be a test of skills.

Throw Mir in there also...
Problem is in UFC there is drug testing and he wouldn't pass that shit.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 12:54:42 PM »

Overeem would destroy Lesnar and Mir. Given his career and his history against elite fighters i would pick Fedor and Cain over him.
Trans Milkshake.

spinnis

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 01:00:44 PM »

he has passed a bunch of tests though

non as random as "ufc" tests probably however

suckmymuscle

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 01:05:18 PM »

Saying that Overeem would kill Fedor or Werdum because he won K-1 is retarded. Being great as a striker does not predict how you will do against ground fighters in a competition where taking your opponent to the ground is allowed. Both Fedor and Werdum are ground fighters. And in the case of Fedor, he has a much harder chin than all the guys Overeem beat in K-1 and a lot more punching power than Overeem has. Fedor can put you in a coma with one punch. I could actually see Fedor fighting Overeem at his strong suit and KHTFO.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 01:16:27 PM »
I have never seen his takedown ability being tested for real and I am worried if he fights Valsquez, he is gonna get his ass kicked.
However winning the K-1 title is truly amazing.

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 01:16:57 PM »
Overeem would pass the drug test its only a piss test he's not stupid. Glad to see him dominate he has an.awesome work ethic too

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 01:20:24 PM »
holy shit is aerts still fighting

exactly what I was thinking.

Where are the newcomers? probably training for MMA instead.

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 01:36:04 PM »
Overeem would pass the drug test its only a piss test he's not stupid. Glad to see him dominate he has an.awesome work ethic too
He passed it when he fought Brett Rogers a few months ago. He was smaller. Maybe that's why he doesn't defend his Strikeforce title much: he'd whither away. Plus pretty much every fighter in Strikeforce has the promoter by the balls and will only fight who they want to fight.

spinnis

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 01:40:02 PM »
He passed it when he fought Brett Rogers a few months ago. He was smaller. Maybe that's why he doesn't defend his Strikeforce title much: he'd whither away. Plus pretty much every fighter in Strikeforce has the promoter by the balls and will only fight who they want to fight.

how about maby Not...

he asked for a fight again fedor, against werdum, against Anybody, but they kept dodging it so he decided to Fuck it and do the k-1 instead, and right after he said that fedor all of sudden wanted to fight him but not when reem actually asked  ::)

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 03:07:04 PM »
how about maby Not...

he asked for a fight again fedor, against werdum, against Anybody, but they kept dodging it so he decided to Fuck it and do the k-1 instead, and right after he said that fedor all of sudden wanted to fight him but not when reem actually asked  ::)

I don't think Fedor's the problem. His "management", that's a different story...

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 03:33:49 PM »
  Saying that Overeem would kill Fedor or Werdum because he won K-1 is retarded. Being great as a striker does not predict how you will do against ground fighters in a competition where taking your opponent to the ground is allowed. Both Fedor and Werdum are ground fighters. And in the case of Fedor, he has a much harder chin than all the guys Overeem beat in K-1 and a lot more punching power than Overeem has. Fedor can put you in a coma with one punch. I could actually see Fedor fighting Overeem at his strong suit and KHTFO.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Fedor has about two knockouts in his entire career, he doesn't punch much harder than Alistair if at all. Making blanket statements like he has a much harder chin than all the guys he beat in k-1, makes you sound like a fucking moron as usual.
Trans Milkshake.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 05:51:42 PM »
How about he and Fedor join the UFC to prove the best of the best.....
You Can't Do It!!!

spinnis

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 05:52:53 PM »
I don't think Fedor's the problem. His "management", that's a different story...

yes ive been saying the same thing, I meant his managers lol. m-1

spinnis

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 05:54:09 PM »
edit

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 06:17:44 PM »

Fedor has about two knockouts in his entire career, he doesn't punch much harder than Alistair if at all. Making blanket statements like he has a much harder chin than all the guys he beat in k-1, makes you sound like a fucking moron as usual.
???
Really?
Tim Sylvia said hes never been hit as hard by anyone else as Fedor hit him.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2010, 07:13:26 PM »
???
Really?
Tim Sylvia said hes never been hit as hard by anyone else as Fedor hit him.

Tim eat about ten punches from Fedor and was still awake. He ate one from Mercer and was out. You do the math.

Fedor has good power but to say that he hits a lot harder than Overeem is a huge exaggeration.

Fedor basically put out AA, who has no durability and jumped on to the punch and Rogers, who was exhausted and isn't chin tested.

He wasn't known as a puncher until very recently because of those knockouts.
Trans Milkshake.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 08:08:12 PM »

It's obvious that I own your mind, given that you keep quoting my posts and calling me names. Reading your posts, it's pretty obvious that you are of average intelligence at best, so I don't think you should be calling anyone a moron. Besides, I have owned you every time we argued on anything, and this is further reason why you should know your place and treat me respectfully.

Anyway, Fedor is the hardest puncher in MMA. Just watch how Arlovski dropped like a sack of potatoes, and how Brett Rogers who is notorious for having a granite chin was completely out of element after getting hit. Then, there is Tim Sylvia saying that he has never been hit as hard as he was by Fedor, and Nogueira saying that, again, he has never been hit as hard as he was by Fedor, and he has fought against many UFC heavyweights. You are delusional if you think that Overeem has either the chin or the power of Fedor.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 09:12:51 PM »
For me the winner of the tournament was Peter Aerts. Yes he lost to Overeem, but look at his fight in the semi final: Semmy Schilt former winner who tired him out too much for a final that same night with heavy Overeem.
Look at Peters face after those 3 matches and look at Alistairs face (watch the post fight interviews on youtube)

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2010, 09:54:55 PM »
K-1 is really a blast to watch, but it is not the same thing as being in the octagon where you have to be seriously well rounded in mma to win
You Can't Do It!!!