Author Topic: Owen Hart Vs Ultimo Dragon  (Read 2487 times)

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
Owen Hart Vs Ultimo Dragon
« on: December 12, 2010, 05:01:18 PM »
Great match, shame about the lack of commentary and the Jap fans being so quiet, just how they are though.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Owen Hart Vs Ultimo Dragon
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »
I always thought it was funny the way Japanese fans react.

They never carry on the way North American fans do.
They're instead more likely to just sit there and applaud - very civil.
But, they used to love the "evil" western wrestlers chasing after them through the stands, etc.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 05:34:07 AM »
I always thought it was funny the way Japanese fans react.

They never carry on the way North American fans do.
They're instead more likely to just sit there and applaud - very civil.
But, they used to love the "evil" western wrestlers chasing after them through the stands, etc.
Yup, different world overseas. In Japan, they appreciate the art ten times more.

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 03:58:55 PM »
  We always compared it to a tennis match- "Jolly good move there, my boy!"  While we in the States would be climbing the furniture at the moves being pulled.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 04:10:49 PM »
Ah, Japan...

Tiger Jeet Singh used to slap fans with the flat side of his sword on his way to the ring.
Stan Hansen used to whip people with his bullrope/cow bell.
Bulldogs once dragged a young fan out of his seat, over the guardrail, and put the boots to him - not as hard as they could, but hard enough to land them in jail for a night.

One Japanese promoter held an event on the roof of a building, and had to pay Andre an extra $10,000.00 so that he would promise not to chase any fans off the edge.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 05:31:09 AM »
Ah, Japan...

Tiger Jeet Singh used to slap fans with the flat side of his sword on his way to the ring.
Stan Hansen used to whip people with his bullrope/cow bell.
Bulldogs once dragged a young fan out of his seat, over the guardrail, and put the boots to him - not as hard as they could, but hard enough to land them in jail for a night.

One Japanese promoter held an event on the roof of a building, and had to pay Andre an extra $10,000.00 so that he would promise not to chase any fans off the edge.

haha, that Andre thing always made me laugh.  he couldn't run down a statue and somehow squeezed an extra 10k from the promoter......hahaha

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 06:57:43 AM »
Yeah, it’s hilarious.
The way I heard the story was that Andre wasn’t threatening to chase anyone, but the promoter (I don‘t know which one) went to Andre ahead of time and asked him not to chase the people since they were on a rooftop.

Maybe Andre acted as if he was having ideas, or maybe it was simply paranoia on the part of the promoter, but Andre’s verbal response was simply, “For $10k, I won’t chase anyone.”

And, he got it!