Author Topic: Karzai says he’d ‘choose the Taliban’ over US  (Read 3584 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Karzai says he’d ‘choose the Taliban’ over US
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »
9 years is long enough. We won WW2 in four years for fucks sake!  What are we doing over there? 

Dah!

We are fighting terrorism over there so we don't have to fight it over here.   Geez get a clue.   ;D ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 04:03:51 PM »
We are fighting people who never read a book. Seen a tv, read a newspaper and have almost zero chance of doing anything to us.  I agree with special forces doing their thing, but to keep mass levels of troops there seems a little bizarre to me considering we still have privates like manning doing more harm than those nomads.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 04:19:31 PM »
Dah!

We are fighting terrorism over there so we don't have to fight it over here.   Geez get a clue.   ;D ;D

Yeap, gotta watch out for that 90% of Afghan men who've never heard of or have no idea what 9/11 was.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 04:29:13 PM »
9 years is long enough. We won WW2 in four years for fucks sake!  What are we doing over there? 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 05:45:49 PM »
Karzai is a piece of shit and always has been, hell his brother is one of the biggest opium trafficers in Afghanistan. He got run out by the Taliban in the first place, and wouldn't even be there if not for the invasion. He see's the writing on the wall, the US isn't going to stay there forever and he is biding his time(and padding his bank account) so he can get the fuck out when the US leaves.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 10:14:36 PM »
Afghan President Hamid Karzai says would side with the Taliban if he had to do it all over again.

AP Monday, December 13th, 2010
In late October, Gen. David H. Petraeus, US Ambassador Karl Eikenberry and other top officials were trying to convince Karzai to back down on an order banning all foreign private security contractors from Afghanistan. The Afghan president decided he had heard enough, according to a new report in The Washington Post.

"If I had to choose sides today, I'd choose the Taliban," Karzai seethed.

The "main enemies" of Afghanistan are the Taliban, the United States and the international community, according to Karzai.

In August, Karzai had surprised the US Embassy in Kabul by announcing that he was banning foreign security contractors.

:o

Ungrateful mother fucker...
TEAM LAURA LEE!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 11:54:52 PM »
We are fighting people who never read a book. Seen a tv, read a newspaper and have almost zero chance of doing anything to us.  I agree with special forces doing their thing, but to keep mass levels of troops there seems a little bizarre to me considering we still have privates like manning doing more harm than those nomads.

You obviously haven't taken into consideration the massive motherlode of rare earth metals in Afghanistan.
w

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 07:09:38 AM »
You obviously haven't taken into consideration the massive motherlode of rare earth metals in Afghanistan.

If his point isnt directly linked to an "our side vs your side"...no other factors will be mentioned in a post

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 07:18:14 AM »

Im not sure anyone actually knows anymore...I've read a lot of books on the subject and im still not exactly sure...the last line the UK government span was that it was to stop terrorists from blowing us up in our own countries.

Time to leave, let the Afghans decide for themselves what they want. If it's the Taliban again then so be it, they wont be stupid enough this time to harbour folks like Bin Laden again...not that they liked him in the first place. If the Afghans want 14th century law let them have it, no need for our boys to die to deny them that right.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 07:24:22 AM »

Sure, but what company is going to put the investment into pulling them out of the ground? The place is completely tribal, and they will flip on you if the other guy pays more.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 07:33:35 AM »

Great post keep em coming much more intelligent than when you hate on Obama, shout liberal at everyone etc...