Author Topic: TimeOut - DK and others  (Read 57700 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: TimeOut - DK and others
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2010, 10:14:03 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2010, 10:21:15 PM »
I once got booted from a San Diego Padres baseball forum for posting

"What do you call a Mexican with a rubber foot"

Roberto

It happen to be a thread about Adrian Gonzalez

LMFAO..hahahahahahahahah a ;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2010, 10:22:39 PM »
The type of attitude you possess depends entirely on you. It can be either positive or negative. The great thing is - you get to choose. No one can make you feel a particular way because you must remember that you are in control of how you choose to feel. When someone does or says something that you feel was meant to hurt you, that may or may not have been their intent. Oftentimes, hurt feelings are simply a matter of misunderstanding. Even if the person's intent was malicious, you can simply choose not to let this affect you. As Eleanor Roosevelt said, "Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

One of my favorite movies is The Point of No Return starring Bridget Fonda, Gabriel Byrne, and Anne Bancroft. The movie is a remake of La Femme Nikita and Bridget Fonda's character, Maggie, is a lawbreaking criminal who chose to become a paid assassin in lieu of death by lethal injection. She is very rough around the edges and as part of her training she receives etiquette lessons. Her transformation is nothing short of remarkable. In one scene, her coach for this endeavor, played by Anne Bancroft, gives her a tip on how to control her temper. She tells her that when something bad happens or a situation goes awry to simply smile and say something like, "I never did mind about the little things". This is one of my favorite movie quotes and I use it quite often. It helps me to put things into perspective.

In the past, I used to let little things drive me crazy, and I must admit that sometimes I still do. The difference is, now when I feel that happening, I try to make a conscious effort to choose a positive attitude.  Ever since Roy banned me for those few days here on GetBig, I knew Roy was on to something when he said I must be positive.

There is much to be gained from having a positive attitude. Studies have shown that a positive attitude promotes better health. Projecting positivity helps with handling stress and we all know that our health is directly linked to how we cope with stress.

A positive attitude is a foundation you can build upon. It would be quite difficult to be confident, outgoing, and enthusiastic without first having a positive attitude. A positive attitude supports positive attributes; a negative attitude does not. It's pretty obvious why positive people have more friends than negative people. If you first choose a positive attitude, other positives will follow. This is what we want here on GetBig.  More Positive, Less Negative.

In today's fast paced, high tech society, we are bombarded with information. Many of us are experiencing information overload. Between e-mails, snail mail, text mail, billboards, newspapers, and magazines, advertisers are all competing for our attention. Then there's the news, which is almost always negative. Thousands of positive things occur every single day, but the media focuses on sharing mostly bad stuff.

So how do you stay positive amidst so much negativity?

1. For starters, you can limit your news intake and consider your news sources very carefully. Don't take Getbig/Internet seriously.

2. Do things that make you happy. Watch funny movies/workout videos, listen to your favorite music/oil up and pose to it in a full body mirror, spend time with people whose company you enjoy, pursue a hobby, go to a bodybuilding contest.

3. One of the easiest and best things you can do to keep a positive attitude is to think about everything in your life for which you are grateful.  Yes, we are grateful to Roy for giving us this forum and should let him know that.

If you have a roof over your head, a bed to sleep in, food to eat, and are wearing clothing, then you should be grateful. If you are able to read this message then you have the gift of sight and you should be grateful. If someone is reading this to you, then you have the gift of hearing and again, you should be grateful. If you are reading this on a computer that you own, then by most of the world's standards, you are quite wealthy and you should be grateful.  I hope I made everyone's day with this, Merry Chirstmas, Happy Holidays and ....

STAY POSTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. We take so many things for granted and in doing so we allow negativity to creep in to our lives. If you start paying attention to the gifts you already have and begin each day by giving thanks, it's easy to have a positive attitude.

A lot of truth to this post. However, while you and everyone else are being told to Stay positive and don't be negative, "THEY" are robbing us all blind. And "they" are building a system where they are able to control your/our thoughts. The "HAVES" are telling you to either be positive or be gone. The internet is teaching "them" everything about how your/our mind works. Its dangerous times right now. This system "THEY" are creating is all about total control. The micro chipping has already started. Next time someone tells you to be positive, be very wary of the messenger.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2010, 10:54:21 PM »
A lot of truth to this post. However, while you and everyone else are being told to Stay positive and don't be negative, "THEY" are robbing us all blind. And "they" are building a system where they are able to control your/our thoughts. The "HAVES" are telling you to either be positive or be gone. The internet is teaching "them" everything about how your/our mind works. Its dangerous times right now. This system "THEY" are creating is all about total control. The micro chipping has already started. Next time someone tells you to be positive, be very wary of the messenger.

Good point, but you can still be positive without being a tool...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2010, 11:09:32 PM »

This is the sort of bullshit that I dislike reading on a muscle forum. It merely indicates how so thick and ignorant so many here are.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2010, 11:13:41 PM »
While we are on a thread about being positive I wonder how Ron justifies not giving me my blue stars? I am one of the few national bodybuilding champions posting on this forum. What gives?

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2010, 11:15:56 PM »
This is the sort of bullshit that I dislike reading on a muscle forum. It merely indicates how so thick and ignorant so many here are.

Why cry so much?  If you hate getbig so much go to bodybuilding.com!

They'd love you!
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2010, 11:18:57 PM »
The type of attitude you possess depends entirely on you. It can be either positive or negative. The great thing is - you get to choose. No one can make you feel a particular way because you must remember that you are in control of how you choose to feel. When someone does or says something that you feel was meant to hurt you, that may or may not have been their intent. Oftentimes, hurt feelings are simply a matter of misunderstanding. Even if the person's intent was malicious, you can simply choose not to let this affect you. As Eleanor Roosevelt said, "Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

One of my favorite movies is The Point of No Return starring Bridget Fonda, Gabriel Byrne, and Anne Bancroft. The movie is a remake of La Femme Nikita and Bridget Fonda's character, Maggie, is a lawbreaking criminal who chose to become a paid assassin in lieu of death by lethal injection. She is very rough around the edges and as part of her training she receives etiquette lessons. Her transformation is nothing short of remarkable. In one scene, her coach for this endeavor, played by Anne Bancroft, gives her a tip on how to control her temper. She tells her that when something bad happens or a situation goes awry to simply smile and say something like, "I never did mind about the little things". This is one of my favorite movie quotes and I use it quite often. It helps me to put things into perspective.

In the past, I used to let little things drive me crazy, and I must admit that sometimes I still do. The difference is, now when I feel that happening, I try to make a conscious effort to choose a positive attitude.  Ever since Roy banned me for those few days here on GetBig, I knew Roy was on to something when he said I must be positive.

There is much to be gained from having a positive attitude. Studies have shown that a positive attitude promotes better health. Projecting positivity helps with handling stress and we all know that our health is directly linked to how we cope with stress.

A positive attitude is a foundation you can build upon. It would be quite difficult to be confident, outgoing, and enthusiastic without first having a positive attitude. A positive attitude supports positive attributes; a negative attitude does not. It's pretty obvious why positive people have more friends than negative people. If you first choose a positive attitude, other positives will follow. This is what we want here on GetBig.  More Positive, Less Negative.

In today's fast paced, high tech society, we are bombarded with information. Many of us are experiencing information overload. Between e-mails, snail mail, text mail, billboards, newspapers, and magazines, advertisers are all competing for our attention. Then there's the news, which is almost always negative. Thousands of positive things occur every single day, but the media focuses on sharing mostly bad stuff.

So how do you stay positive amidst so much negativity?

1. For starters, you can limit your news intake and consider your news sources very carefully. Don't take Getbig/Internet seriously.

2. Do things that make you happy. Watch funny movies/workout videos, listen to your favorite music/oil up and pose to it in a full body mirror, spend time with people whose company you enjoy, pursue a hobby, go to a bodybuilding contest.

3. One of the easiest and best things you can do to keep a positive attitude is to think about everything in your life for which you are grateful.  Yes, we are grateful to Roy for giving us this forum and should let him know that.

If you have a roof over your head, a bed to sleep in, food to eat, and are wearing clothing, then you should be grateful. If you are able to read this message then you have the gift of sight and you should be grateful. If someone is reading this to you, then you have the gift of hearing and again, you should be grateful. If you are reading this on a computer that you own, then by most of the world's standards, you are quite wealthy and you should be grateful.  I hope I made everyone's day with this, Merry Chirstmas, Happy Holidays and ....

STAY POSTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. We take so many things for granted and in doing so we allow negativity to creep in to our lives. If you start paying attention to the gifts you already have and begin each day by giving thanks, it's easy to have a positive attitude.

I aint reading that shit.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2010, 12:05:43 AM »
Ron: if you want to put everyone in timeout who makes fun of bodybuilding, shut down the board.

Unless you haven't noticed: your board is like the Howard Stern of bodybuilding boards, it is the place to go to when you want to make fun of bodybuilding. You may have had other intentions when you started but that's what it is now.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2010, 12:11:22 AM »
Hey Roy, Why don't you ban HGH15?  he always talks about bodybuilders being lazy and using tons of drugs and while you're at it, get rid of the steroid forum.  All this drug talk is bad for bodybuilding because we all know, it's all genetics.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

epic_alien

« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2010, 12:37:57 AM »
While we are on a thread about being positive I wonder how Ron justifies not giving me my blue stars? I am one of the few national bodybuilding champions posting on this forum. What gives?

because you picked the judges

what more dont you understand

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2010, 12:40:34 AM »
Ron: if you want to put everyone in timeout who makes fun of bodybuilding, shut down the board.

Unless you haven't noticed: your board is like the Howard Stern of bodybuilding boards, it is the place to go to when you want to make fun of bodybuilding. You may have had other intentions when you started but that's what it is now.

It's not so much about bodybuilding. DK started a thread called 'Weekend at Bernie's' and had a pic of Arnold, Joe and Franco in his post. That was funny and he shouldn't have been put in TO for that. But then Onlyme and another guy called kreator chopped the pics, with Onlyme making it look like Arnold was hanging Joe, which was probably the last straw, lol.

Keith got his Onlyme account banned because of chopping Joe's face in a coffin, and did a very similar thing again ??? :-\

Ron has always said that he won't let it slide if someone makes fun of Joe in that kind of way. Got to respect his rules in his house, although DK didn't deserve to be banned IMO.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2010, 02:21:51 AM »

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2010, 02:55:21 AM »
It's not so much about bodybuilding. DK started a thread called 'Weekend at Bernie's' and had a pic of Arnold, Joe and Franco in his post. That was funny and he shouldn't have been put in TO for that. But then Onlyme and another guy called kreator chopped the pics, with Onlyme making it look like Arnold was hanging Joe, which was probably the last straw, lol.

Keith got his Onlyme account banned because of chopping Joe's face in a coffin, and did a very similar thing again ??? :-\

Ron has always said that he won't let it slide if someone makes fun of Joe in that kind of way. Got to respect his rules in his house, although DK didn't deserve to be banned IMO.

Damn, I log into Getbig after a 12 hour hiatus and I miss all this!

It's about time Ron came down hard on some individuals - not necessarily the Joe Weider stuff - that's funny up to a point, but just general gimmicks and negative trolls who clog up the boards with their shit.

We can all take banter and general slanging, but when people are calling out individuals and making blatantly racist and/or threatening remarks about their family etc then something's got to be done.

Anyway, serious post meltdown over.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2010, 04:18:40 AM »
How long does a TimeOut last?? ???

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2010, 04:37:10 AM »

Who cares, whoever gets offended by something like that has a problem himself.
Life is short, we're all gonna die. If you think about that, nothing as stupid and insignificant as that matters.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2010, 04:40:04 AM »
The burden of command weighs heavy, to be sure.  Men, by their nature, are an unruly lot.  A mob.  Without the light of leadership they invariably descend into the darkness of anarchy, ignorance, and unlubricated homosexual intercourse.  

Consider your disappointment if you were to attend a symphony without a conductor.  The bassoons don't know when to begin.  The clarinets trill out of sheer spite.  The violins have just robbed a man at gunpoint and the brass section has taken to relieving itself in the timpani.

Leadership, gentlemen.  Remember Pericles.  Caesar Augustus.  Montefeltro.  Washington.  Avidan.  Big toes on the foot of humanity.  Licenced drivers of the bus of progress, making all the stops.  Boardwalk.  Park Place.  Ventnor Avenue.  Marvin Gardens.

Have faith in your Captain.  These public floggings wound his generous spirit, as evidenced by these ripples in his normally flaccid nature.  His wisdom, His benevolence, His clemency.  These are the attributes of our beloved leader.  Soon the velvet glove shall once again replace the iron gauntlet on his beefy yet exquisitely formed hand and these impish rogues, regretful of their misdeeds and thankful for the lessons of their leader, shall reunite with their fellows under the enlightened governance of our loving father.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2010, 04:43:02 AM »
Who cares, whoever gets offended by something like that has a problem himself.
Life is short, we're all gonna die. If you think about that, nothing as stupid and insignificant as that matters.

How dare you!!!!!! Recognize that men in thongs = serious bidness, NOW >:(

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2010, 04:56:44 AM »
How dare you!!!!!! Recognize that men in thongs = serious bidness, NOW >:(

I don't know what came over me, you're right of course. ;D

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2010, 04:59:29 AM »
I just cracked one off in there honour

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2010, 05:10:50 AM »
Their girls must be devastated.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »
The burden of command weighs heavy, to be sure.  Men, by their nature, are an unruly lot.  A mob.  Without the light of leadership they invariably descend into the darkness of anarchy, ignorance, and unlubricated homosexual intercourse.  

Consider your disappointment if you were to attend a symphony without a conductor.  The bassoons don't know when to begin.  The clarinets trill out of sheer spite.  The violins have just robbed a man at gunpoint and the brass section has taken to relieving itself in the timpani.

Leadership, gentlemen.  Remember Pericles.  Caesar Augustus.  Montefeltro.  Washington.  Avidan.  Big toes on the foot of humanity.  Licenced drivers of the bus of progress, making all the stops.  Boardwalk.  Park Place.  Ventnor Avenue.  Marvin Gardens.

Have faith in your Captain.  These public floggings wound his generous spirit, as evidenced by these ripples in his normally flaccid nature.  His wisdom, His benevolence, His clemency.  These are the attributes of our beloved leader.  Soon the velvet glove shall once again replace the iron gauntlet on his beefy yet exquisitely formed hand and these impish rogues, regretful of their misdeeds and thankful for the lessons of their leader, shall reunite with their fellows under the enlightened governance of our loving father.

A rich and compelling read Worm. 

If only more of these closeted homosexuals would allow for their creative abilities to shine by way of their posts, this place would be magical once more.

"1"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2010, 08:35:11 PM »
We're all hurting a little right now.

Hope these kids get another shot.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt