Author Topic: TimeOut - DK and others  (Read 57000 times)

spinnis

Re: TimeOut - DK and others
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2010, 10:21:10 AM »
I don't think it's a bad thing. I think it means certain people appreciate most of your posts. Sure people call ya names because of your height, Ron gets the orange chicken thrown at him and I get the never ending mustache remarks, which we can take.

what is refering to is maby its a sign that I spend too much time on here ........  ;D

I cant take all the height jokes in the world no worries lol

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2010, 10:22:07 AM »
Perhaps a  bunch of us should commit to a getbig suicide pact? :D
Post of the year right there. 8)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2010, 10:22:25 AM »
I have to admit I found unsung interesting at first until I realised he had an angry rant about every word in the dictionary.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2010, 10:22:45 AM »
Even though my post count is low, I've been around since 2006. I remember when people here were actually clever and witty, and there was at least a modicum of respect. Some people still are, but there are a helluva lot of trolls as well. I could be the biggest asshole there is, but I choose not to be.

I've never competed, but I've been a fan of BB since I was 15. I lived in LA from '83 to '98 and have been around the BB scene during that time and know a lot of people. It would be nice to be able to share stories and insights without "internet warriors" talking shit just for the sake of getting a reaction. I have VERY few taboos, but talking shit about people's children is definitely one of them.

There are some really intelligent and knowledgeable people here. Let's make this forum all that it has the potential to be.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2010, 10:22:52 AM »
Perhaps a  bunch of us should commit to a getbig suicide pact? :D

A list I don't wanna make!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2010, 10:23:19 AM »
Post of the year right there. 8)

I'm serious....I'm sure a bunch would pussy out in the end...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2010, 10:25:41 AM »
Haha. Ron throwing his weight around. It was only a matter of time, but IMO, the wrong guys got put in timeout.
At least Un_sung always posts about BB, there are some guys around here that post only negatives about BB, talk more shit than them, etc.
Un_sung just doesnt like the politics, but hes a BB, and a fan.
BlackFlag talks more shit about BB, makes it clear he doesnt like it, and is only on here to piss people off, but hes not in TO?
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Ron?

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2010, 10:28:31 AM »
Likes Manion and the other IFBB goons threatened to pull Rons press pass again

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2010, 10:28:46 AM »

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2010, 10:29:35 AM »
Hahaha same here man, but the thoughts are never gone

Seriously I think about it a lot, just making some really racist offensive thread or something to get kicked out.. I mean come on,, what the fuck am I doing here anyway?! I'm a small guy, I don't want to be a bodybuilder, just be a little bigger, when I was 16 and watched pumping iron it was different and I thought the "sport" was awesome, now I'm just kind of indifferent to it.
What made me stay here? I think it was the personal attacks and the funny posts that are addicting

It's not just you. Several people have told me that over the years and it's how I feel too. There is something about Getbig that makes it more than just another forum on the net, trust me ;)

Most people here are hooked on this place even if they aren't interested in bodybuilding much. It does get very addicting at times, but on the plus side, it's a cool place to hang out, get some laughs, interesting/educated opinions and even the latest news. Then there's the men in thongs fix it offers too.

Even though my post count is low, I've been around since 2006. I remember when people here were actually clever and witty, and there was at least a modicum of respect. Some people still are, but there are a helluva lot of trolls as well. I could be the biggest asshole there is, but I choose not to be.

I've never competed, but I've been a fan of BB since I was 15. I lived in LA from '83 to '98 and have been around the BB scene during that time and know a lot of people. It would be nice to be able to share stories and insights without "internet warriors" talking shit just for the sake of getting a reaction. I have VERY few taboos, but talking shit about people's children is definitely one of them.

There are some really intelligent and knowledgeable people here. Let's make this forum all that it has the potential to be.

Nicely put.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2010, 10:33:02 AM »
I have warned enough of you that their are certain subject that will put you in timeout - one attacking the IFBB, NPC and the organizatiosn that support bodybuilding.  Do not forget this is a bodybuilding site.

Two, attacking and making fun and portraying Joe Weider as dead, or worse.  That is bull - it has gotten them into timeout before, and that is that.  Funny as when they posted it, they knew they crossed the line, and that was ok.  Even when others warned them it would be deleted and they would get timed out.  And then you taunt me thinking I won't do it.

Enough. Some of you forget I am here for the sport and the industry of bodybuilding, not your making fun of someone who is a respected founder of the bodybuilding world.

Don't like it, don't post on a bodybuilding board, and learn the difference between various boarsd and topics on this site.  There are 44 different boards here.  

Why would you want to push my buttons like that?

I may have been sick all last week with a head cold and flu, but that doesnt mean others are irked.

Serious question Ron....

So Joe Weider (and his brother) can rip off thousands of strength athletes through the sale of bogus supplements, use bodybuilders for their personal financial windfall, and run the IFBB like communist China for decades and you feel they're beyond reproach?

As public figures shouldn't they be open to both positive and negative criticism? Many of the people posting here have been directly affected by their actions.

I understand you requesting that comments be "respectful", but maybe certain posters don't feel the Weiders/IFBB have earned their respect.

Just a thought...

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2010, 10:48:57 AM »
I have warned enough of you that their are certain subject that will put you in timeout - one attacking the IFBB, NPC and the organizatiosn that support bodybuilding.  Do not forget this is a bodybuilding site.

Two, attacking and making fun and portraying Joe Weider as dead, or worse.  That is bull - it has gotten them into timeout before, and that is that.  Funny as when they posted it, they knew they crossed the line, and that was ok.  Even when others warned them it would be deleted and they would get timed out.  And then you taunt me thinking I won't do it.

Enough. Some of you forget I am here for the sport and the industry of bodybuilding, not your making fun of someone who is a respected founder of the bodybuilding world.

Don't like it, don't post on a bodybuilding board, and learn the difference between various boarsd and topics on this site.  There are 44 different boards here.  

Why would you want to push my buttons like that?

I may have been sick all last week with a head cold and flu, but that doesnt mean others are irked.

it's nice to know you rule Getbig with an Iron fist, Ron. good job

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2010, 10:55:37 AM »
Interesting thread

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2010, 10:56:55 AM »
So Joe Weider (and his brother) can rip off thousands of strength athletes through the sale of bogus supplements, use bodybuilders for their personal financial windfall, and run the IFBB like communist China for decades and you feel they're beyond reproach? As public figures shouldn't they be open to both positive and negative criticism? Many of the people posting here have been directly affected by their actions. I understand you requesting that comments be "respectful", but maybe certain posters don't feel the Weiders/IFBB have earned their respect.

In your opinion.  And that subject has been talked about here in length, and in a myriad of ways.  I don't agree with you. Your view on supplements is that they are bogus.  The IFBB is run tightly, as are many other organizations.  The problem occured when people started portraying Joe as dead, and worse.  Get over it.  

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
In your opinion.  And that subject has been talked about here in length, and in a myriad of ways.  I don't agree with you. Your view on supplements is that they are bogus.  The IFBB is run tightly, as are many other organizations.  The problem occured when people started portraying Joe as dead, and worse.  Get over it.  

Ron, nothing to "get over", my opinion is not going to change, but I do appreciate your response all the same.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2010, 11:02:24 AM »
Ron, You know very well that the freedom of speech on here is the main cause of  the popularity of this board. There's more than enough lying and bullshitting in the bodybuilding world, getbig's power is to out all the BS. Obviously, messing with people's families and digging up personal info is off limits, but other than that... If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.  

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2010, 11:03:23 AM »

Agreed, but the problem is these Juveniles on here never get it....they think it's fun to keep doing the same shit they're doing. For every 5 Good threads on here, you'll see 15 brainless ones.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2010, 11:05:10 AM »
While you are chopping people's heads off Ron...Please decapitate that Blackflagredstar asshole.

I mean....NOBODY likes him and all he does is try to piss people off 24/7

If he was funny and witty about it that's great....but he is just an annoying prick

newmom

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »
Agreed, but the problem is these Juveniles on here never get it....they think it's fun to keep doing the same shit they're doing. For every 5 Good threads on here, you'll see 15 brainless ones.

15?? I'd say more like 30. Seems like Ron has had enough and good on him

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2010, 11:09:51 AM »
While you are chopping people's heads off Ron...Please decapitate that Blackflagredstar asshole.

I mean....NOBODY likes him and all he does is try to piss people off 24/7

If he was funny and witty about it that's great....but he is just an annoying prick

Seriously he is next - not in a happy mood today.   Tired of people saying it is always negative and people keep attacking always

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2010, 11:10:05 AM »
Someone woke the sleeping giant  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2010, 11:10:56 AM »
might stop posting for the day so I dont accidentally post something bad  ;D

newmom

« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2010, 11:11:42 AM »
Someone woke the sleeping giant  ;D

it was probably chaos chopper

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2010, 11:15:22 AM »
Wanna ride my "chopper", big guy?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2010, 11:16:37 AM »
Seriously he is next - not in a happy mood today.   Tired of people saying it is always negative and people keep attacking always

Can i get like a partial credit when you drop the hammer ?  :D ;D