Author Topic: BREAKTHROUGH: First HIV-Positive Man Cured - Stem Cell Transplant Cures HIV In '  (Read 3429 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
BREAKTHROUGH: First HIV-Positive Man Cured
Stem Cell Transplant Cures HIV In 'Berlin Patient'

The Huffington Post | Carly Schwartz First Posted: 12-14-10 01:04 PM | Updated: 12-14-10 02:00 PM

On the heels of World AIDS Day comes a stunning medical breakthrough: Doctors believe an HIV-positive man who underwent a stem cell transplant has been cured as a result of the procedure.

Timothy Ray Brown, also known as the "Berlin Patient," received the transplant in 2007 as part of a lengthy treatment course for leukemia. His doctors recently published a report in the journal Blood affirming that the results of extensive testing "strongly suggest that cure of HIV infection has been achieved."

While Brown is the first person to ever be declared cured of HIV, his case paves a path for constructing a cure for HIV through genetically-engineered stem cells.

Last week, Time named another AIDS-related discovery to its list of the Top 10 Medical Breakthroughs of 2010. Recent studies show that healthy individuals who take antiretrovirals, medicine commonly prescribed for treating HIV, can reduce their risk of contracting the disease by up to 73 percent.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/14/hiv-cure-berli...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
great news,too bad the U.S. couldn't have done it, but all the Jesus people want to bring us back to the 19th century

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
BREAKTHROUGH: First HIV-Positive Man Cured
Stem Cell Transplant Cures HIV In 'Berlin Patient'

The Huffington Post | Carly Schwartz First Posted: 12-14-10 01:04 PM | Updated: 12-14-10 02:00 PM

On the heels of World AIDS Day comes a stunning medical breakthrough: Doctors believe an HIV-positive man who underwent a stem cell transplant has been cured as a result of the procedure.

Timothy Ray Brown, also known as the "Berlin Patient," received the transplant in 2007 as part of a lengthy treatment course for leukemia. His doctors recently published a report in the journal Blood affirming that the results of extensive testing "strongly suggest that cure of HIV infection has been achieved."

While Brown is the first person to ever be declared cured of HIV, his case paves a path for constructing a cure for HIV through genetically-engineered stem cells.

Last week, Time named another AIDS-related discovery to its list of the Top 10 Medical Breakthroughs of 2010. Recent studies show that healthy individuals who take antiretrovirals, medicine commonly prescribed for treating HIV, can reduce their risk of contracting the disease by up to 73 percent.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/14/hiv-cure-berli...

Stem cells stuff ain't christian!!!!!!  >:(
TEAM LAURA LEE!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Stem cells stuff ain't christian!!!!!!  >:(
As long as Christians or any religion for that matter, rail against and try to stop our technology from progressing forward, they deserve none of the breakthroughs.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
As long as Christians or any religion for that matter, rail against and try to stop our technology from progressing forward, they deserve none of the breakthroughs.

Good idea,

The people crying about it will be the first to try and take advantage of the breakthroughs!
TEAM LAURA LEE!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
 ::)

Paging Drs. loco and McWay . . . . 

If either of them read this I'm sure they will lay the appropriate smack down.   :)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
::)

Paging Drs. loco and McWay . . . .  

If either of them read this I'm sure they will lay the appropriate smack down.   :)

You rang?  ;D

As Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, here's the rest of the story"

Of course, this would be the part that Blacken "conveniently  ::) " left out:

Timothy Ray Brown, an HIV-positive American living in Germany, had leukemia and was undergoing chemotherapy, when he received a transplant of stem cells from a donor carrying a rare, inherited gene mutation that seems to make carriers virtually immune to HIV infection
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/12/14/doctors-claim-hiv-positive-man-cured-stem-cell-transplant/

Notice what type of stem cells are NOT MENTIONED!!!

After all these years, people like Blacken are still using the stupid trick of confusing ADULT stem cell research with embryonic stem cell research, the one form of stem-cell research which most Christians oppose (and hasn't cured JACK).

The rest, contrary to the foolishness spouted here, are FULLY SUPPORTED BY Christians.

But, don't take my word for it:

How did Babytooth Technologies get started?

The story behind the company is really quite interesting. The creation of Babytooth Technologies basically began on or about the same day the National Institutes of Health (NIH) publicly released the discovery of SHED (Stem cells from Human Exfoliated Deciduous teeth). Jason had read an editorial about SHED in a local newspaper and his first thought was: “This is something really positive. This may really help people. I wonder if people can store these cells.”

Interestingly when Jason moved his family to Vermont, he met John, and soon thereafter their search for a Christian church brought them to our fellowship. What’s most interesting is that during the same period of events I was also understanding that the God-centered way to utilize stem cells was through adult stem cells and not embryonic stem cells and was beginning to learn about SHED. We began an investigational group that, to date, includes several leading medical professionals across the country.

We never would have thought an opportunity quite like this would come along, but knowing that the Lord has prepared all things in advance for us to do, we were able to rest in His guidance and trust in our abilities. We are thankful for the professionals and friends who continue to help pass on our message—most of whom, and not coincidently, have turned out to be Christians.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v2/n1/babytooth&sa=X

And...

http://www.stemcellresearch.org/facts/treatments.htm
http://www.stemcellresearch.org/index.html

I guess now the scoreboard reads:

Adult Stem Cells - 74; Embryonic Stem cells.....ZERO!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Stem cells stuff ain't christian!!!!!!  >:(

Says who? (See the above post).

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
You rang?  ;D

As Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, here's the rest of the story"

Of course, this would be the part that Blacken "conveniently  ::) " left out:

Timothy Ray Brown, an HIV-positive American living in Germany, had leukemia and was undergoing chemotherapy, when he received a transplant of stem cells from a donor carrying a rare, inherited gene mutation that seems to make carriers virtually immune to HIV infection
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/12/14/doctors-claim-hiv-positive-man-cured-stem-cell-transplant/

Notice what type of stem cells are NOT MENTIONED!!!

After all these years, people like Blacken are still using the stupid trick of confusing ADULT stem cell research with embryonic stem cell research, the one form of stem-cell research which most Christians oppose (and hasn't cured JACK).

The rest, contrary to the foolishness spouted here, are FULLY SUPPORTED BY Christians.

But, don't take my word for it:

How did Babytooth Technologies get started?

The story behind the company is really quite interesting. The creation of Babytooth Technologies basically began on or about the same day the National Institutes of Health (NIH) publicly released the discovery of SHED (Stem cells from Human Exfoliated Deciduous teeth). Jason had read an editorial about SHED in a local newspaper and his first thought was: “This is something really positive. This may really help people. I wonder if people can store these cells.”

Interestingly when Jason moved his family to Vermont, he met John, and soon thereafter their search for a Christian church brought them to our fellowship. What’s most interesting is that during the same period of events I was also understanding that the God-centered way to utilize stem cells was through adult stem cells and not embryonic stem cells and was beginning to learn about SHED. We began an investigational group that, to date, includes several leading medical professionals across the country.

We never would have thought an opportunity quite like this would come along, but knowing that the Lord has prepared all things in advance for us to do, we were able to rest in His guidance and trust in our abilities. We are thankful for the professionals and friends who continue to help pass on our message—most of whom, and not coincidently, have turned out to be Christians.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v2/n1/babytooth&sa=X

And...

http://www.stemcellresearch.org/facts/treatments.htm
http://www.stemcellresearch.org/index.html

I guess now the scoreboard reads:

Adult Stem Cells - 74; Embryonic Stem cells.....ZERO!!

LOL!   ;D  Nice. 

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Says who? (See the above post).

I thought someone did.................

;D
TEAM LAURA LEE!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

I thought someone did.................

;D

The folks on Huffington Post are making the same silly mistake as Blacken did. They didn't bother reading about what type of stem cells were actually used, before flapping their lips.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
The folks on Huffington Post are making the same silly mistake as Blacken did. They didn't bother reading about what type of stem cells were actually used, before flapping their lips.
Answers in Genesis. Really?  Give me a fucking break.  I can`t take you seriously whatsoever.  Sorry.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Answers in Genesis. Really?  Give me a fucking break.  I can`t take you seriously whatsoever.  Sorry.
LMAO coming from the trust fund baby whos never held a real job....priceless only on getbig baby

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
The left wingers have never heard of Adult Stem Cell research.  And then they say that we Christians are dumb and uneducated.    ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
and as long as you rail against the military and police you deserve none of their protection and services... ;)

idiot  ::)

James

This "breakthrough" came from adult stem cell research, and Christians approve of adult stem cell research. Also, while in Office, President Bush approved 250 million federal dollars towards adult stem cell research.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I never get tired of seeing Blacken, TA and all the stupid atheists get owned time and time again.

Hilarious.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
This "breakthrough" came from adult stem cell research, and Christians approve of adult stem cell research. Also, while in Office, President Bush approved 250 million federal dollars towards adult stem cell research.

Yup:

"Doctors in Germany say they have cured an American living there who has the HIV/AIDS virus by using a treatment based on adult stem cells, the more ethical form of stem cell research."

http://www.lifenews.com/2010/12/14/bio-3233/

http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2010/12/14/adult-stem-cell-transplant-cures-hiv-positive-man-say-docs

Left wing, neo-liberal, anti-Christian bigots need to get educated on stem cell research, the different types, which one works and which one doesn't and what exactly it is that Christians are opposed to.  

Christians have always fully supported Adult Stem Cell research, which is the only one that has so far shown promise.

What Christians oppose is Federal funding for Embryonic Stem Cell research, which not only do Christians find unethical, but it also has shown zero promise despite all of the funding it has received from private companies and other governments around the world.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Wait...stem cells are a political thing?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Wait...stem cells are a political thing?
actually, yes

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Answers in Genesis. Really?  Give me a fucking break.  I can`t take you seriously whatsoever.  Sorry.

If I try REEEEEEAAAALLLY hard, I just might be able to pretend that I care.

The bottom line is, Einstein, Blacken and other crackpots like him (which may include YOU) pulled the usual foolish tactic of chirping about Christians opposing stem cell research. The only kind they do oppose is embryonic stem cell research, which hasn't cured jack and WAS NOT USED in this HIV-treatment.

The AiG link to Dr. Crossman, CEO of Babytooth Technologies was simply another nail in that coffin.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
and as long as you rail against the military and police you deserve none of their protection and services... ;)

idiot  ::)

Good point.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
actually, yes

Kind of thought it might be a medical issue.. but apparently if you are against stem cell research you are in someway obligated to be against same sex marriage and not taxing hella rich people and youre anti abortion and pro torture.. funny how this works..