Author Topic: NOT made in China  (Read 11331 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: NOT made in China
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2010, 06:11:16 AM »
Oh brother  ::)
R

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2010, 07:37:57 AM »

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2010, 05:20:32 PM »

;D

i was thinking about what you would look like naked earlier....

bench

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »
yes, trade them in every 2 years for a newer model..

bench

Only problem will be trying to get them to cook good Italian grub :-X :-\

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 08:05:44 AM »
 8)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 10:45:40 AM »
It would have been perfect >:(

R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 01:24:19 PM »
It would have been perfect >:(

bastards  >:(

;)
:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 08:15:11 AM »
Fake Apple Store Spotted in China
Published: Thursday, 21 Jul 2011 | 12:03 PM ET Text Size By: Christina Cheddar Berk
News Editor

Why fake the products, when you can copy the entire store?

The BirdAbroad blog posted photos and a detailed description of a fake Apple store in the southwestern Chinese city of Kunming.

At first glance the store looked legitimate. There was a winding staircase, employees wearing blue T-shirts with chunky Apple name tags around their necks. But there were telltale signs that the store was a fake.

First, Apple doesn't write "Apple Store" on its signs, it just posts its iconic logo, or in the case of authorized resellers,the words "Apple Shop".  Also, those stairs were poorly made, according to the expat blogger.

Now, other media outlets have jumped on the story. The Wall Street Journal spoke with one of the employees there who said they knew the store was a fake but they didn't care.

"It doesn't make much of a difference for us whether we're authorized or not," he told the paper. "I just care that what I sell every day are authentic Apple products, and that our customers don't come back to me to complain about the quality of the products."

Despite what the employee said, it's unknown whether the products in the Kunming store are real or fake.

There are plenty of other stores that sell Apple products in China without authorization, but they don't tend to attempt to mimic the entire Apple store experience.

These unauthorized vendors either purchase their Apple products from the company's retail outlets or they buy them overseas and smuggle them into the country.

Source: BirdAbroad
Showing how rampant the fraud is right around the corner from the fake store, the blogger found another unauthorized reseller. One telltale sign was that the store was a fake: the words "Apple Store."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There actually are only four legitimate Apple Stores in China. Two in Beijing, and two in Shanghai.

Apple declined to tell the Journal what action it would take, but Apple has responded swiftly to infringements of its intellectual property in the past.

Recent examples of the steps it has taken include the police probe into the iPhone prototype purchased by technology website Gizmodo before the product's launch, and prison terms that were handed down to three people in Shezhen after police discovered they had collaborated to steal pre-release photos of the iPad2 in order to develop accessories for it.

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 07:24:08 AM »
 :D

The rising costs of manufacturing in China should bring jobs back to America and as a result less poisons should be in our products :)

Made in the USA—and China
Why the new paradigm will be to manufacture in both China and America. And Southern U.S. states will win big on jobs
By Harold L. Sirkin

If I had told you in the summer of 2009 that America’s long-suffering manufacturing industries would lead the lackluster recovery from the Great Recession, you probably would have wondered what I was reading—or smoking.

I would have been correct, however. As a June 1 report from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) noted, May 2011 marked the 22nd consecutive month in which U.S. manufacturing expanded. Exports have driven much of the growth. Last year, for example, U.S. exports increased more than 20 percent, according to the Census Bureau, and some 85 percent of those exports were manufactured goods.

It comes as no surprise that manufacturing employment also is on the rise, with related jobs increasing last year for the first time since 1997.

The good news about U.S. manufacturing is no fluke. For reasons I will explain below, the manufacturing renaissance should continue for years to come.

AWAY FROM THE RUST BELT
This does not mean it will be smooth sailing. The same ISM report that noted growth in the manufacturing sector for 22 consecutive months also showed a slowdown in the May purchasing managers index (PMI), which declined more than 10 percent from April, while its manufacturing employment index also suffered a decline. The Bureau of Labor Statistics confirmed this just a few days later, reporting a net loss of 5,000 manufacturing jobs in May, amid a modest gain of 54,000 jobs overall. Despite the May job losses, the trend line is encouraging—and clear. What’s also clear is that all U.S. manufacturers and manufacturing locations won’t benefit equally from the revival.

Although much has been made of the improving fortunes of America’s automakers, for example, U.S. manufacturing continues to shift from the highly unionized Rust Belt to the lower-cost South. This moves manufacturing’s center of gravity to such places as Chattanooga, Tenn., where Volkswagen just opened a new $1 billion factory; Madison, Miss., where the French automotive parts supplier Faurecia recently opened a 180,000-square-foot plant to supply a nearby Nissan (NSANY) factory; and Charlotte, N.C., where Mitsubishi Nuclear Energy Systems, which builds nuclear power plants and components, is locating a new engineering center.

While it’s important to herald America’s manufacturing renaissance, we also must remember that the U.S. has remained a manufacturing powerhouse, even as manufacturing employment took a nosedive, plummeting from a peak of 19.6 million in 1979 to 15.3 million in 2002, 14 million in 2005, and roughly 12 million today. Dramatic U.S. productivity gains enabled U.S. factories to increase output while reducing payroll. So, while China accounted for 19.8 percent of worldwide manufacturing output in 2010, the U.S. accounted for 19.4 percent.

Why the 22-month increase in manufacturing? The answer is simple: the rising cost of manufacturing in China.

CONVERGING LABOR COSTS
Production worker wages are climbing in China at 15 percent to 20 percent a year due to a mismatch between the supply of skilled labor and the demand for it. In China’s industrial heartland—the Yangtze River Delta region, which includes the provinces of Shanghai, Jiangsu, and Zheijang—productivity-adjusted costs are rapidly converging with the costs in America’s lowest-overhead states.

Looking ahead four or five years, after adjusting for the significant productivity advantage of U.S. workers—who, in many cases, produce three times the output of their Chinese counterparts—total labor expenses in Chinese cities such as Shanghai and Tianjin will be just 30 percent lower than in the lowest-cost U.S. states.

Since wage rates account for 20 percent to 30 percent of a product’s total cost, this will make manufacturing in China just 10 percent to 15 percent cheaper than manufacturing in the U.S. With the value of the yuan continuing to increase, the total cost advantage will drop to single digits after businesses factor in inventory and shipping costs—with productivity-adjusted labor costs effectively converging by 2015 or so.

This will make states such as Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas—with their competitive wages and flexible work rules—increasingly attractive as low-priced manufacturing hubs for the North American market.

In fact, these states are becoming some of the cheapest locations in the developed world for manufacturing. That’s why European companies such as Volkswagen are building plants there.

For some companies, the economics already have reached the tipping point.

BRINGING BACK PRODUCTION
Caterpillar (CAT), for example, announced last year that it planned to build a new 600,000-sq.-ft. hydraulic excavator manufacturing facility in Victoria, Tex., thanks to the area’s proximity to transportation and the company supply base. When it becomes fully operational, the plant is expected to employ more than 500 people and will triple Caterpillar’s U.S.-based excavator capacity. Caterpillar has another new plant in North Little Rock, Ark., and has announced plans to build still another in Winston-Salem, N.C.

Similarly, NCR (NCR) announced in late 2009 that it was bringing back production of its ATMs to Columbus, Ga., in order to decrease the time to market, increase internal collaboration, and lower operating costs.

The bottom line is clear. With rapidly rising wages in China, critical shortages of skilled workers in many of China’s lower-cost regions, and the higher productivity of U.S. workers, many companies are finding that it makes sense to manufacture goods for America in America.

So what should executives do?

THREE PRINCIPLES
First, don’t write off China as a highly desirable manufacturing location. While more goods sold in the U.S. will be "Made in the USA," China—as the largest and fastest-growing developing economy in the world, with a rapidly growing middle class and a population more than four times America’s—will remain a top overseas market and a key manufacturing location. Although other low-cost countries, such as Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, and Indonesia, will attract some manufacturing from companies seeking wage rates lower than China’s, these countries lack the supply base, infrastructure, and labor skills to absorb much of China’s manufacturing. So don’t even consider abandoning China. The new paradigm will be to manufacture in China and the U.S., not either/or. It’s all about where to put the next plant. China-based plants will be busy serving China and other export markets. The U.S. may prove the best place for the next plant to serve the North American market.

Second, differentiate between product lines. Executives also need to understand that many products intended for the U.S. market should still be sourced from China. Products that require less labor and are created in modest volume—especially heavy expensive-to-shop products, such as household appliances and construction equipment—become strong candidates to shift to U.S. production. Labor-intensive products made in high volume, such as textiles and apparel, remain strong candidates for manufacturing overseas.

Third, consider total cost. Some executives make the mistake of comparing "average" labor costs for Chinese production workers with those in the U.S. But averages can deceive. Although wages remain much lower in China, they don’t reflect the full cost of doing business or range of decisions that companies have to make. Executives planning a new factory in China to make products for sale in the U.S. need to look at all the expenses. They are likely to find that, for many goods, China’s cost advantage will shrink too much to bother with—and that’s before taking into account the added expense, time, and complexity of long-distance management, logistics, and quality control.

Those who have been writing U.S. manufacturing’s obituary need to recall Mark Twain’s famous "last" words: "The report of my death was an exaggeration."

Harold L. Sirkin is a Chicago-based senior partner of The Boston Consulting Group and author, with James W. Hemerling and Arindam K. Bhattacharya, of GLOBALITY: Competing with Everyone from Everywhere for Everything (Business Plus, June, 2008).

R

w8m8

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 10:37:34 AM »
 :-\

I saw juice getting taken off shelves at the grocer

Arsenic Found In Mott's Apple Juice: Contaminated Concentrate From China

Recent testing of 5 major brands of apple juice by a New York area consumer safety group revealed arsenic level FIVE times the level allowed in drinking water in Mott’s Apple Juice. The source of the problem is China. Arsenic-based pesticides which are no longer allowed in the U.S. are being used in China and are making their way into the food chain.

From lead in our children’s toys to arsenic in our apple juice. When are we as consumers going to learn that cheap products from China are not worth the risk? Buy American!

http://greenslist.net/post/7929349403/arsenic-in-motts-apple-juice

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 02:17:35 PM »
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEESH!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 03:52:46 PM »
"The rising costs of manufacturing in China should bring jobs back to America
Made in the USA—and China quote)

oh pleeasse don't make me laugh about economies, because if that's what they're telling you in the US, you're as totally f**ked as us lot...

China has only just recently bought most of what was left of Britain ?

off on a tangent:
Hey, now all of a sudden they're rioting and setting fire to everything all over London.
Cash Crisis anyone?  Loot the shops?  Full Moon coming?  It's not just black kids, it's white kids too.

I've locked all my doors and windows, there are helicopters overhead and sirens out on the road.
Only one person dead in the streets so far.  Fingers crossed.
xL

I did buy stuff at the PoundStore yesterday, all of which was cheap as chips, totally the right colour and dead trendy and cool, £1 each, and yep, t'was made in China... (where they have no human rights or democracy).  Look at how when they get it, they go and trash democracy in my country - the MP's were all corrupt, the Media lied and unlawfully hacked, the Bankers were breaking the law and everything's gone to hell in a handcart.  

So no wonder they're looting London.  

My corner shops were doing lockdown at 5-6pm. 

The British economy will be seriously affected by this, it's meltdown.

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2011, 08:31:19 PM »
Look at the number under the UPC barcode, the first 3 numbers will tell you where it was made,000 thru 010 are made in the USA,471...Tiawan, China's code always starts with 900...
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2011, 07:53:09 AM »
Look at the number under the UPC barcode, the first 3 numbers will tell you where it was made,000 thru 010 are made in the USA,471...Tiawan, China's code always starts with 900...

Thanks for that info.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 08:45:43 PM »
An email I rec'd

A new Christmas Tradition

As the holidays approach, the giant Asian factories are kicking into high gear to provide Americans with monstrous piles of cheaply produced goods -- merchandise that has been produced at the expense of American labor. This year will be different. This year Americans will give the gift of genuine concern for other Americans. There is no longer an excuse ......that, at gift giving time, nothing can be found that is produced by American hands.
Yes there is!

It's time to think outside the box, people. Who says a gift needs to fit in a shirt box, wrapped in Chinese produced wrapping paper?
Everyone -- yes EVERYONE gets their hair cut. How about gift certificates from your local American hair salon or barber?

Gym membership? It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some health improvement.

Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed? Small, American owned detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate or a book of gift certificates.

Are you one of those extravagant givers who think nothing of plonking down the Benjamines on a Chinese made flat-screen? Perhaps that grateful gift receiver would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer, or driveway plowed all winter, or games at the local golf course.

There are a bazillion owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift certificates. And, if your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about a half dozen breakfasts at the local breakfast joint. Remember, folks this isn't about big National chains -- this is about supporting your home town
Americans with their financial lives on the line to keep their doors open.

How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or motorcycle, done at a shop run by the American working guy?

Thinking about a heartfelt gift for mom? Mom would LOVE the services of a local cleaning lady for a day.

My computer could use a tune-up, and I KNOW I can find some young guy who is struggling to get his repair business up and running.

OK, you were looking for something more personal. Local crafts people spin their own wool and knit them into scarves. They make jewelry, and pottery and beautiful wooden boxes.

Plan your holiday outings at local, owner operated restaurants and leave your server a nice tip. And, how about going out to see a play or ballet at your hometown theater.

Musicians need love too, so find a venue showcasing local bands.

Honestly, people, do you REALLY need to buy another ten thousand Chinese lights for the house? When you buy a five dollar string of light, about fifty cents stays in the community. If you have those kinds of bucks to burn, leave the mailman, trash guy or babysitter a nice BIG tip.

You see, Christmas is no longer about draining American pockets so thatChina can build another glittering city. Christmas is now about caring about US, encouraging American small businesses to keep plugging away to follow their dreams. And, when we care about other Americans, we care about our communities, and the benefits come back to us in ways we couldn't imagine. THIS is the new American Christmas.  Spread the Christmas cheer this year, The American Way.
:

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2011, 09:58:10 AM »
An email I rec'd

A new Christmas Tradition

As the holidays approach, the giant Asian factories are kicking into high gear to provide Americans with monstrous piles of cheaply produced goods -- merchandise that has been produced at the expense of American labor. This year will be different. This year Americans will give the gift of genuine concern for other Americans. There is no longer an excuse ......that, at gift giving time, nothing can be found that is produced by American hands.
Yes there is!

Nice thought, until black friday comes around and all of a sudden made in china is a good thing.  Look it's a global economy and if america wants to keep up, then they better shape up and do what other countries do and make goods at a good price.  AMericans feel entitled to high wages for low skill jobs.  Companies need to outsource so they can survive.  Change the tax structure and get some americans that are willing to work and live within their means. I see people saying they've been out of work for three years and living off of foodstamps.  Yet they have a car, cable tv, iphones and $100 sneakers. Get a FOOKING job.  They are out there, and no your not too good for "that" job.   

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 03:05:09 PM »
Thanks for that info.

x2

Princess, I'm surprised no one has sent me that email yet.
R