Author Topic: Why I Went To College - by me  (Read 8693 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Why I Went To College - by me
« on: December 20, 2010, 01:18:30 PM »

Reason 1589: Getting to enjoy the Raider game with my daughter from a private suite near the top of the stadium while thousands of fans were stuck in the pouring rain. 

Said the little one to me: "Dad, can we do this every time we come to a game from now on?"   :)

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Re: Why I Went To College - by me
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 01:22:04 PM »
And this got what to do with college?

If you had founded your own it-company at the time you decided to waste time in college, you now would probably have your own stadium...  :-\
Maybe even own team...

But hey! Good choice  :D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 01:27:09 PM »
to get high education to live comfortably, and THEN get children of your own is plus minus zero, way to fucking waste your life  :D

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 01:49:40 PM »
College is great & vast majority need it.

But people don't know what college is. College prepares you for a career that you will have for the next 30 years (slavery)
It DOES NOT teach you how to make money.

Real talk...I know 3 guys who make over $300k a year with their own business.
1 guy dropped out of high school
1 guy dropped out & got GED
1 guy finished high school & took a few junior college courses

They all work hard but they work on their own time & do whatever the fuck they want.

I also know successful guys who work 40-70 hours a week & live comfortably as well who went to college.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 01:52:33 PM »
Very, very few people get rich or wealthy working for someone else...they key is having the balls, motivation, persistence and smarts to run your own business...It's really not that hard if you have the brains...

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 01:59:58 PM »
There's always exceptions to the rule, but on average a college grad with a bachelors earns $1 million more over their career than a high school graduate.  And if you have a higher degree, the disparity is even greater.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 02:05:39 PM »
Very, very few people get rich or wealthy working for someone else...they key is having the balls, motivation, persistence and smarts to run your own business...It's really not that hard if you have the brains...

sucks that you're stupid, eh?  ;D

trenuggs, what school gives masters in schmoery?

what'd you major in?
Deep Tissue Massage

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 02:06:38 PM »
sucks that you're stupid, eh?  ;D

trenuggs, what school gives masters in schmoery?

what'd you major in?

You know that's no where near the truth...even if you wanted it to be.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 02:07:55 PM »
College is great if you get to be a lawyer because you can really change things and mix things up, or if you're gonna be a head executive in the biggest insurance company then yes college is great because you get a high status in society and you get to make some rules. Other than that you're going to be a slave  ::), but who cares at that point.
I've heard few bankers complain that their job is dull and they hate it... some say it just guarantees them a sure well paid job and that you can't be fired obviously because you work in a bank but whatever.

Owning your own business and running it right however will make you your own boss and make you even more money, it requires much more trouble though and being up to date with your paper work and basicly you live your work every second because you have no work insurances, but whatever...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 02:09:58 PM »
College is great & vast majority need it.

But people don't know what college is. College prepares you for a career that you will have for the next 30 years (slavery)
It DOES NOT teach you how to make money.

Real talk...I know 3 guys who make over $300k a year with their own business.
1 guy dropped out of high school
1 guy dropped out & got GED
1 guy finished high school & took a few junior college courses

They all work hard but they work on their own time & do whatever the fuck they want.

I also know successful guys who work 40-70 hours a week & live comfortably as well who went to college.

When you think about 300k is not that much, depending on what they do, the materials needed, rent for the office, employee checks, 300k is living in the poor house....but you didn't specify if that was take home pay or not.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 02:11:49 PM »
I couldn't take college seriously because I couldn't stomach the thought of being a total slave for thirty years back then.  So I got a worthless degree and became an even more pathetic slave.

I'm always thinking though... trying to find a way out of this mess.

STAY POSITIVE!  :D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 02:11:51 PM »
Let's assume that's take home pay Parker...23gs a month would make me a very, very happy man...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 02:15:12 PM »
Let's assume that's take home pay Parker...23gs a month would make me a very, very happy man...
Not enough to by the Ferrari I want, I got to make more...

Yeah, you are correct that would be good, especially for single man... 

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 02:17:04 PM »
I couldn't take college seriously because I couldn't stomach the thought of being a total slave for thirty years back then.  So I got a worthless degree and became an even more pathetic slave.I'm always thinking though... trying to find a way out of this mess.

STAY POSITIVE!  :D

haha lol  :D

anyway I don't understand getbigs obsession with "ferrari" amount of monthly pay... what is that lol :D

I would be "rich" if I got 6000 euros a month, I wouldn't have a care in the world after that.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 02:18:42 PM »
Not enough to by the Ferrari I want, I got to make more...

Yeah, you are correct that would be good, especially for single man... 

That's beyond good that's fucking great.  Once you have your basics, house, vehicle, investments...assuming you don't go crazy and spend it on bullshit, you have that  money coming in EVERY month...I think you'd be able to get your Ferrari if you were single...If I had that kind of money coming in, I could be a millionaire within 5 years guaranteed.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 02:22:26 PM »
You know that's no where near the truth...even if you wanted it to be.

i like you man.  i think you're an intelligent guy, but i also think you're lazy and look for the easy way out often.
Deep Tissue Massage

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 02:22:41 PM »

It's actually just about the hardest thing you could do, esp. if you have the brains for it.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 02:23:20 PM »
That's beyond good that's fucking great.  Once you have your basics, house, vehicle, investments...assuming you don't go crazy and spend it on bullshit, you have that  money coming in EVERY month...I think you'd be able to get your Ferrari if you were single...If I had that kind of money coming in, I could be a millionaire within 5 years guaranteed.
The American way....i knew a dude who was ALWAYS claiming broke, and when the latest electronic thing came out, he had it. Fisrt in line for every game, every new game console. Worked two jobs, one at Apple...never saving money, no investments...

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 02:26:01 PM »
i like you man.  i think you're an intelligent guy, but i also think you're lazy and look for the easy way out often.

You are 100% correct..If I could solve this, I'd be a rich and successful man....What's worse is knowing this and not knowing what to do to change it... :'( :'( :'(
So I'm left with being an idea-log and book smart but nothing to show for it...My younger brother on the other hand who is not educated and not as intelligent as I makes over 600K per year and he is his only employee but he works ALL THE TIME.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »
Very, very few people get rich or wealthy working for someone else...they key is having the money, balls, motivation, money, connections, persistence, smarts, money and connections to run your own business...It's really not that hard if you have the brains...

fixed  :)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 02:27:25 PM »
College is great for digging girls.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 02:28:25 PM »
You are 100% correct..If I could solve this, I'd be a rich and successful man....What's worse is knowing this and not knowing what to do to change it... :'( :'( :'(
So I'm left with being an idea-log and book smart but nothing to show for it...My younger brother on the other hand who is not educated and not as intelligent as I makes over 600K per year and he is his only employee but he works ALL THE TIME.

600k as employee? What industry? lol

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 02:29:47 PM »

Other than my American-made pickup truck and an iPhone, I don't own jack shit.  I'm paying the mortgage on my daughter's house (baby mama gets to live there rent-free until the kid kicks her out) and renting a pretty bad-ass studio which gives me a nice tax write-off.

I have a moderate emergency fund, but I spend all mine on experiences and investments and if I died later today, my daughter would be well taken care of with a self-sustaining business that'll provide for her for years to come.   

The people I networked with at school are the ones who confirmed the lessons my Grandaddy taught me about money. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 02:30:48 PM »
600k as employee? What industry? lol

It's his business and he's the CEO, technically he is an employee...
Rentals

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 02:32:15 PM »
It's his business and he's the CEO, technically he is an employee...
Rentals

Where did he get the starting capital from?