Author Topic: Biden Says Gay Marriage 'Inevitable'  (Read 28102 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Biden Says Gay Marriage 'Inevitable'
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2010, 10:46:49 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2010, 10:50:03 AM »
Wow.  Epic closet case alert.  We can run a poll, which political board getbigger is probably secretly repressing the desire to blow a dude at an RNC fundraiser... BB vs 240...

and well, I think we all know what the results would be. 

well at least there is no precedent for vocally anti-gay christians turning out to be gay..... I mean except for all those people who were possessed by the devil and tricked into "choosing" to be gay

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »

I had a Q... in american history, does anyone know the limitations which once existed on different race marriages?  Was it illegal at one point?  If so, when did that change?

Yeah, race and sex aren't the same thing, but this makes question perfectly exemplifies how stupid the "slippery slope" argument is. Miscegenation was illegal for a good deal of America's history, but when it was finally legalized it didn't give people the right to marry one person of each race. You could marry outside of your race, but you still got married to ONE person. Just because a bi man or woman is attracted to both sexes doesn't mean they would end up getting married to one of each.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2010, 02:41:41 PM »
Is polygamy a civil rights issue?   How about marrying someone at 16? 

Polygamy yes...

Age is relative... In West Virginia I believe it's 14 with parental consent??? WTF?!

When you focus on 2 consenting adults over the age of 18, then it's definitely a stupid argument to bring up people who are underage and things like "marrying inanimate objects or animals"

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2010, 03:03:06 PM »
So we have somebody saying polygamy is a civil right issue.  Somebody saying it's not a civil rights issue.  But there's no slippery slope?  lol

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2010, 03:11:30 PM »
So we have somebody saying polygamy is a civil right issue.  Somebody saying it's not a civil rights issue.  But there's no slippery slope?  lol

I think you either say adults can marry other adults if they want to, or they can't.

That's pretty simple.

I think the difference with Polygamy is often the cult aspect of it... People who don't know anything else.

Other countries have Polygamy as a non issue and no one seems to care about that.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2010, 03:21:17 PM »
I think you either say adults can marry other adults if they want to, or they can't.

That's pretty simple.

I think the difference with Polygamy is often the cult aspect of it... People who don't know anything else.

Other countries have Polygamy as a non issue and no one seems to care about that.

I could care less who marries who (and in what qty for that matter), it wasn't my point.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2010, 03:34:12 PM »

I could care less who marries who (and in what qty for that matter), it wasn't my point.

I think you have to say it's part of the point.

This isn't about "gay marriage"... It's really about should legal adults be able to make their own decisions about their own lives as long as it does not infringe on the rights and freedoms of anyone else.

My stance is simply "yes".

That is really what the basic principle of "gay marriage" is about.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »
I think you have to say it's part of the point.

This isn't about "gay marriage"... It's really about should legal adults be able to make their own decisions about their own lives as long as it does not infringe on the rights and freedoms of anyone else.

My stance is simply "yes".

That is really what the basic principle of "gay marriage" is about.
agreed and as soon as the fairies either start fighting for my right to be in changing rooms with ppl i find sexually attractive or fighting for seperate changing rooms for them

we will begin to talk about equal rights, until then they can suck it(no pun intended)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2010, 09:54:24 PM »
agreed and as soon as the fairies either start fighting for my right to be in changing rooms with ppl i find sexually attractive or fighting for seperate changing rooms for them

we will begin to talk about equal rights, until then they can suck it(no pun intended)

They could perhaps fight for the latter, not the former... I'd say the former would infringe on someone elses rights as far as their comfort level or what have you, but they should champion the cause of straight people changing areas.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2010, 10:06:59 PM »
They could perhaps fight for the latter, not the former... I'd say the former would infringe on someone elses rights as far as their comfort level or what have you, but they should champion the cause of straight people changing areas.

why not put lesbians and straight men in one locker room and vice versa

no one should have a problem with that and we don't need to build any more locker rooms

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2010, 11:13:52 PM »
why not put lesbians and straight men in one locker room and vice versa

no one should have a problem with that and we don't need to build any more locker rooms

Actually, you'd have to put lesbians and gay men in the same locker room.

See, the problem is that straight men will still stare at lesbian women.

You need 3... You need straight men / straight women / gay people.

Cause gay people aren't staring at anyone... But how do you then make sure only gay people are in those lockers... plus, isn't that some form of segregation?

Personally, if a gay guy wants to stare at my junk... go for it... I won't notice anyway because I am not staring at him at all.

Besides, I'm sure everyone here has been in a locker room with a gay person, whether you've known it or not.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2010, 11:22:59 PM »
Actually, you'd have to put lesbians and gay men in the same locker room.

See, the problem is that straight men will still stare at lesbian women.

You need 3... You need straight men / straight women / gay people.

Cause gay people aren't staring at anyone... But how do you then make sure only gay people are in those lockers... plus, isn't that some form of segregation?

Personally, if a gay guy wants to stare at my junk... go for it... I won't notice anyway because I am not staring at him at all.

Besides, I'm sure everyone here has been in a locker room with a gay person, whether you've known it or not.

so the "problem" is straight men?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2010, 11:27:20 PM »
so the "problem" is straight men?
In that instance, yes... I don't think that's the problem as a whole.

I think it's society as a whole that have the issue... My mom thinks gay people are horrible because they are gay... I don't think like my mom, but a lot of people do.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2010, 11:37:29 PM »
In that instance, yes... I don't think that's the problem as a whole.

I think it's society as a whole that have the issue... My mom thinks gay people are horrible because they are gay... I don't think like my mom, but a lot of people do.

haven't all straight people shared lockers rooms with gay people their entire lives 
I honestly can't ever recall an instance that I've read or heard about where gay people have harassed straight people

I have heard or an occassion or two (or a thousand) of straight people harassing gay people and it's usually straight men doing the harassing

maybe we can put straight men in one room and everyone else in another or maybe we can just have one room for men and one for woman and post a sign saying if you have a problem with it then don't use the locker room

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2010, 11:40:36 PM »
haven't all straight people shared lockers rooms with gay people their entire lives 
I honestly can't ever recall an instance that I've read or heard about where gay people have harassed straight people

I have heard or an occassion or two (or a thousand) of straight people harassing gay people and it's usually straight men doing the harassing

maybe we can put straight men in one room and everyone else in another or maybe we can just have one room for men and one for woman and post a sign saying if you have a problem with it then don't use the locker room

Yes to your first part... people don't know what they don't know.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2010, 06:53:45 AM »

::) http://www.genderqueercoalition.org/bathrooms

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2010, 07:20:45 AM »

ahhh the "what you dont know doesnt hurt your" logic of defending unequal rights...again do you want me to show you where this goes?

LOL the other day i was changing back into work clothes in the mens locker room and had two twinks talking about sex...

if i had done that in the prescense of a woman it would be sexual harrasment NEVER THE LESS in the locker room where she was getting dressed...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2010, 07:23:51 AM »
How the problem gets solved i.e. the number of changing rooms and who is allowed in which shouldnt be the concern right now

what should be is determining that rights are either unequal or they are not?

I think tu is in agreement that is not fair to have gays in locker rooms with ppl they find sexually attractive even if he himself doesnt care, right?

Thats the first step, After that is decided THEN you try to find a solution...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2010, 07:25:40 AM »
::) http://www.genderqueercoalition.org/bathrooms

sorry bud I could have guessed there would be some group out there that is fighting for this

but how many times have they attached this to any gay marriage bill they have voted on?

how many times has this been voted on period?

how many times have you heard of gay advocates holding rallies, parades, events for this?

when they want equal rights all the way around, Ill start fighting for gay marriage

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2010, 07:38:20 AM »
ahhh the "what you dont know doesnt hurt your" logic of defending unequal rights...again do you want me to show you where this goes?

LOL the other day i was changing back into work clothes in the mens locker room and had two twinks talking about sex...

if i had done that in the prescense of a woman it would be sexual harrasment NEVER THE LESS in the locker room where she was getting dressed...

LoL - I knew that would get you all worked up

so some twinks were "talking" about sex

so what

what's the harm to you

did you feel vulnerable and threatened in some way?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2010, 07:48:01 AM »

so what

what's the harm to you

LOL if me and a buddy had done the same to a woman, do you think we may have gotten in trouble for it?

how about in a locker room where she was changing and we were talking about "fuking this big tittied broad"?

LOL do even act like that would be sexual harassment is plain idiocy, par for you but plain idiocy...

but I guess when its two twinks doing it in a locker room of straight guys, the straight guys should just deal with it right?

yea you want equal rights  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2010, 07:48:34 AM »

so what

what's the harm to you

whats the harm if i went and watched women get undressed in their locker room?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2010, 07:50:09 AM »
whats the harm if i went and watched women get undressed in their locker room?

did those twinks make you feel vulnerable?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2010, 07:55:37 AM »
did those twinks make you feel vulnerable?
made me feel a tad angry that they would actually talk about shit like that in that situation...

what does it matter if it made me feel vulnerable?

the fact of the matter is that if i had done that to a woman i would get in trouble but for some reason you think its ok for gays to do it to straights?

please explain your reasoning