Author Topic: Obama's Leadership  (Read 65873 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Obama's Leadership
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 12:45:28 PM »
 He's not interested in impressing you, to be honest.

Obama's "audience" isn't military voters.  in fact, politically speaking, it could HURT him with his base - anti war tree hugging homosexuals that vote 4 times - to be seen with the troops.

So while such a trip benefits repubs in office a lot - we all know obama puts politics first.  Anyone who is impressed that a POTUS is spending thanksgiving with the troops is probably voting repubs in 2016 already.  

And this isn't even flaming, beach bum, so don't bother coming at me... I'm being serious here.  Obama sees the troops as a prop that doesn't help with his voting base.

I read your post.  I'd like that sixty seconds of my life back please.   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 12:45:40 PM »
Obama belongs in jail

He's not interested in impressing you, to be honest.

Obama's "audience" isn't military voters.  in fact, politically speaking, it could HURT him with his base - anti war tree hugging homosexuals that vote 4 times - to be seen with the troops.

So while such a trip benefits repubs in office a lot - we all know obama puts politics first.  Anyone who is impressed that a POTUS is spending thanksgiving with the troops is probably voting repubs in 2016 already.  

And this isn't even flaming, beach bum, so don't bother coming at me... I'm being serious here.  Obama sees the troops as a prop that doesn't help with his voting base.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 12:47:41 PM »
I read your post.  I'd like that sixty seconds of my life back please.   :)

yeah, but i'm right though.  At this point, obama posing with soldiers and their guns will do two things:

1) Paint him as a warmonger about to invade syria with his base, hurting him in donations/votes with the left.

2) Piss off republicans, who will then donate/vote against him.

I'm not defending it, I'm explaining it.  You're free to call him names and pass judgment on him, by all means.  I'm just giving my 2 cents on why obama is avoiding the troops - my theory is that its political.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 12:56:26 PM »
yeah, but i'm right though.  At this point, obama posing with soldiers and their guns will do two things:

1) Paint him as a warmonger about to invade syria with his base, hurting him in donations/votes with the left.

2) Piss off republicans, who will then donate/vote against him.

I'm not defending it, I'm explaining it.  You're free to call him names and pass judgment on him, by all means.  I'm just giving my 2 cents on why obama is avoiding the troops - my theory is that its political.

Great.  My theory is he is a poor leader.  And I've been posting articles to support my theory.  I frankly don't care what you think about him posing with Soliders . . . or pretty much anything else. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 01:02:38 PM »
Great.  My theory is he is a poor leader.  And I've been posting articles to support my theory.  I frankly don't care what you think about him posing with Soliders . . . or pretty much anything else. 

'poor leader' is such a vague phrase, and believe me, obama would much rather be an 'effective politician' than a good leader.  Pleasing his base, and not motivating the opposition base.

I guess we're just differing on obama's goals... you think he aspires to be a leader, i think his primary goal is to be an effective politician. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 01:07:58 PM »
'poor leader' is such a vague phrase, and believe me, obama would much rather be an 'effective politician' than a good leader.  Pleasing his base, and not motivating the opposition base.

I guess we're just differing on obama's goals... you think he aspires to be a leader, i think his primary goal is to be an effective politician. 

LOL - this douchebag cant even get the UK to go along w us. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »

I didn't say any such thing.  I simply said he's a poor leader.  That's an unfortunate fact.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2013, 01:23:53 PM »
LOL - this douchebag cant even get the UK to go along w us. 

I didn't know the Brits were the moral compass to which we should adhere ourselves.

Should we follow their lead when it comes to dentistry as well?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »
240...as usual your not getting it. He can't get anybody to go along with him. He can't get anybody to respect him. He is good at one thing. He can get elected...based  only because he was black....thats it, otherwise Hil would be sitting here. He's bullshitted his whole life..now that string has run out. He's considered a pansy world wide..and that makes things very dangerous for us.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2013, 04:00:21 PM »
"H]e has damaged his presidency and weakened the nation’s standing in the world. It has been one of the more stunning and inexplicable displays of presidential incompetence that I’ve ever witnessed. The failure cuts straight to the heart of a perpetual criticism of the Obama White House: that the President thinks he can do foreign policy all by his lonesome. This has been the most closely held American foreign-policy-making process since Nixon and Kissinger, only there’s no Kissinger. There is no éminence grise—think of someone like Brent Scowcroft—who can say to Obama with real power and credibility, Mr. President, you’re doing the wrong thing here.

[H]e has done himself, and the nation, great and unnecessary harm. The road back to credibility and respect will be extremely difficult."

Joe Kline, Time Magazine

http://swampland.time.com/2013/09/11/obama-and-syria-stumbling-toward-damascus/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2013, 04:07:20 PM »
 :-[

Who Do You Trust?
By MAUREEN DOWD
Published: September 10, 2013
WASHINGTON — Vladimir Putin, who keeps Edward Snowden on a leash and lets members of a riotous girl band rot in jail, has thrown President Obama a lifeline.

The Russian president had coldly brushed back Obama on Snowden and Syria, and only last week called John Kerry a liar.

Now, when it is clear Obama can’t convince Congress, the American public, his own wife, the world, Liz Cheney or even Donald “Shock and Awe” Rumsfeld to bomb Syria — just a teensy-weensy bit — Pooty-Poot (as W. called him) rides, shirtless, to the rescue, offering him a face-saving way out? If it were a movie, we’d know it was a trick. We can’t trust the soulless Putin — his Botox has given the former K.G.B. officer even more of a poker face — or the heartless Bashar al-Assad. By Tuesday, Putin the Peacemaker was already setting conditions.

Just as Obama and Kerry — with assists from Hillary and some senators — were huffing and puffing that it was their military threat that led to the breakthrough, Putin moved to neuter them, saying they’d have to drop their military threat before any deal could proceed. The administration’s saber-rattling felt more like knees rattling. Oh, for the good old days when Obama was leading from behind. Now these guys are leading by slip-of-the-tongue.

Amateur hour started when Obama dithered on Syria and failed to explain the stakes there. It escalated last August with a slip by the methodical wordsmith about “a red line for us” — which the president and Kerry later tried to blur as the world’s red line, except the world was averting its eyes.

Obama’s flip-flopping, ambivalent leadership led him to the exact place he never wanted to be: unilateral instead of unified. Once again, as with gun control and other issues, he had not done the groundwork necessary to line up support. The bumbling approach climaxed with two off-the-cuff remarks by Kerry, hitting a rough patch in the role of a lifetime, during a London press conference Monday; he offered to forgo an attack if Assad turned over “every single bit of his chemical weapons to the international community” and promised, if they did strike, that it would be an “unbelievably small” effort.

A State Department spokeswoman walked back Kerry’s first slip, but once the White House realized it was the only emergency exit sign around, Kerry walked back the walking back, claiming at a Congressional hearing Tuesday that he did not “misspeak.”

The president countered Kerry’s second slip with NBC’s Savannah Guthrie Monday night, declaring that “The U.S. does not do pinpricks,” which Kerry parroted at the hearing Tuesday, declaring that “We don’t do pinpricks.” For good measure, Obama, in his address to the nation Tuesday night, made sure the world knew: “The United States military doesn’t do pinpricks.”

Where the mindlessly certain W. adopted a fig leaf of diplomacy to use force in Iraq, the mindfully uncertain Obama is adopting a fig leaf of force to use diplomacy in Syria.

Even as Democrats tiptoed away from the red line, eager to kick the can of Sarin down the road, their own harsh rhetoric haunted them. Kerry compared Assad to Hitler last week, and Harry Reid evoked ”Nazi death camps” on the Senate floor Monday.

Again, an echo of the misbegotten Iraq. Making his hyperbolic case for war, W. was huffy with Germans on a visit in 2002, irritated that they did not seem to grasp the horror of “a dictator who gassed his own people,” as he put it to a Berlin reporter.

Obama cried over the children of Newtown. He is stricken, as he said in his address Tuesday, by “images of children writhing in pain and going still on a cold hospital floor” from “poison gas.” He thought — or thought he thought — that avenging the gassing was the right thing to do. But W., once more haunting his successor’s presidency, drained credibility, coffers and compassion.

While most Americans shudder at the news that 400 children have been killed by a monster, they recoil at the Middle East now; they’ve had it with Shiites vs. Sunnis, with Alawites and all the ancient hatreds. Kerry can bluster that “we’re not waiting for long” for Assad to cough up the weapons, but it will be hard for him to back it up, given that a new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll indicates that Joe Sixpack is now a peacenik; in 2005, 60 percent of Republicans agreed with W. that America should foster democracy in the world; now only 19 percent of Republicans believe it.

W., Dick Cheney and Rumsfeld launched a social engineering scheme to change the mind-set in the Middle East about democracy and the mind-set at home about the post-Vietnam reluctance to be muscular about imposing our values through war. They did manage to drastically change the mind-set in the Middle East and at home, but in the opposite way than they intended.

In a crouch after 9/11, the country was happy to punish an Arab villain, even the wrong one. That mass delusion, plus the economic vertigo, has sent Americans into a permanent crouch. And that’s too bad.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/opinion/dowd-who-do-you-trust.html?_r=1&

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2013, 04:13:43 PM »
240...as usual your not getting it. He can't get anybody to go along with him. He can't get anybody to respect him. He is good at one thing. He can get elected...based  only because he was black....thats it, otherwise Hil would be sitting here. He's bullshitted his whole life..now that string has run out. He's considered a pansy world wide..and that makes things very dangerous for us.

I always get a laugh watching you guys tell console yourselves with this nonsense

That's why we're going to elect Hermain Cain next time around or Jessie Jackson

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2013, 02:15:17 PM »
Not surprised.

Peggy Noonan: WH Staffers Nickname President 'Obam-me'
Friday, 20 Sep 2013
By Dan Weil

White House staffers have adopted a new and unflattering nickname for their boss:"Obam-me," Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan says she heard in chats with a few senators.

And how did the staffers come up with that name?

"Because it's all about him and his big thoughts," Noonan writes in a column. "I guess the second-term team is not quite as adoring as the first."

Noonan, a former speechwriter for Ronald Reagan, joins a wide swath of Republicans who have complained about the president's apparent self-absorption.

Just this week he was taken to task for going ahead with a speech attacking the GOP on the economy just as news of the Washington Navy Yard slaughter was coming out.

Former GOP congressman Joe Scarborough said Obama seemed "bored or disconnected or out of touch or something," adding, "He's president of the United States. He should be smart enough."

The Weekly Standard's Stehen Hayes called the decision to press on with the speech "small and petty."

http://www.newsmax.com/US/noonan-obama-staffers-nickname/2013/09/20/id/526886#ixzz2fTBLEA4w
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2013, 04:44:44 AM »
No surprise.

Not surprised.

Peggy Noonan: WH Staffers Nickname President 'Obam-me'
Friday, 20 Sep 2013
By Dan Weil

White House staffers have adopted a new and unflattering nickname for their boss:"Obam-me," Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan says she heard in chats with a few senators.

And how did the staffers come up with that name?

"Because it's all about him and his big thoughts," Noonan writes in a column. "I guess the second-term team is not quite as adoring as the first."

Noonan, a former speechwriter for Ronald Reagan, joins a wide swath of Republicans who have complained about the president's apparent self-absorption.

Just this week he was taken to task for going ahead with a speech attacking the GOP on the economy just as news of the Washington Navy Yard slaughter was coming out.

Former GOP congressman Joe Scarborough said Obama seemed "bored or disconnected or out of touch or something," adding, "He's president of the United States. He should be smart enough."

The Weekly Standard's Stehen Hayes called the decision to press on with the speech "small and petty."

http://www.newsmax.com/US/noonan-obama-staffers-nickname/2013/09/20/id/526886#ixzz2fTBLEA4w
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2013, 05:26:30 AM »
The accolades of some of our former presidents compared to president Obama.

Jimmy Carter - Naval Officer Nuclear Engineer, large-scale farmer, Governor of Georga, Georgia Senator.

Ronald Reagan - Actor, radio broadcaster, US Army Officer, Two-Time Governor of California.

George H W Bush - WW2 Veteran, fighter pilot, Head of CIA, Vice President, CEO of major business conglomerates.

Bill Clinton - Rhodes Scholar, Governor of Arkansas

George W Bush - Fighter pilot, baseball team owner, oil company owner, Two-time Texas Governor

Barack Obama - community organizer.....and even his supporters aren't sure what he has done, where he has been, and what, if anything, he accomplished.

Obama.....incompetent, unqualified, and completely unremarkable.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2013, 12:57:33 PM »
Weakened Obama Opens UN Talks as Friends, Foes Doubt Leadership
Monday, 23 Sep 2013

President Barack Obama opens meetings at the United Nations with diplomatic opportunities on three vexing issues: Iran's disputed nuclear program, Syria's chemical weapons use, and elusive peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

All three pathways are fraught with potential pitfalls and hinge on cooperation from often unreliable nations. Obama also risks being branded as naive and misguided if the efforts fail, particularly in Syria, where he's used the prospect of diplomacy to put off a military strike in retaliation for a chemical weapons attack.

Still, the recent developments mark a significant shift on a trio of issues that have long proved problematic for Obama at the United Nations. His former Iranian counterpart used the annual U.N. General Assembly meetings as a venue for fiery, anti-American speeches. Failed Middle East peace talks led the Palestinians to seek statehood recognition at the U.N. despite staunch American objections. And the Obama administration has been stymied on Syria at the U.N. Security Council due to intractable Russian opposition.

But this year, Iran has a new leader who is making friendly overtures toward Obama, raising the prospect of a meeting at the United Nations. U.S.-brokered peace talks between the Israelis and Palestinians have resumed — though on an uncertain course. And Russia has joined with the U.S. on a diplomatic deal to strip Syria of its chemical weapons.

Joel Rubin, a former State Department official who now works at the nonproliferation organization Ploughshares, said the confluence of events underscores an often frustrating aspect of diplomacy.

"You never know when it's going to break," said Rubin. He said Obama's biggest test now is to recognize if opportunities morph into stalling tactics.

Obama's advisers cast the sudden signs of progress as an outgrowth of the president's long-standing preference for resolving disputes through diplomacy and, in the case of Iran and Syria, with pressure built up through economic sanctions and the threat of military action.

"He said we'd be open to diplomacy, we'd pursue engagement, but that there would be pressure if Iran failed to take that opportunity," said Ben Rhodes, Obama's deputy national security adviser. And on Syria, Rhodes said it was the credible threat of a U.S. military strike "that opened the door for this diplomacy."

Obama was due to arrive in New York Monday afternoon. He will address the U.N. on Tuesday, a speech aides say will touch on developments in Iran, Syria and Middle East peace. The issues will also be at the forefront of some of the president's bilateral meetings with world leaders, including a sit-down with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Lebanese President Michel Suleiman, whose country is burdened by the flow of refugees from neighboring Syria.

But Obama's most closely watched meeting may end up being with Iranian President Hasan Rouhani. No encounter is scheduled, but U.S. officials have left open the possibility the two men might talk on the sidelines of the international gathering.

If they do, it would mark the first meeting of U.S. and Iranian leaders in more than 30 years. A meeting could also be a precursor to renewed talks on Tehran's disputed nuclear program — though bridging differences over Iran's right to enrich uranium and maintain those stockpiles will be a far tougher task than arranging a handshake.

The election of Rouhani, a moderate cleric, signaled frustration among many Iranians with their country's international isolation and the crippling impact of Western sanctions. Obama and Rouhani have already exchanged letters. And the new Iranian president's rhetoric has so far been more palatable to the U.S. than former leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who would threaten Israel as well as lambast the U.S. in his annual remarks at the U.N.

Trita Parsi, the president of the National Iranian American Council, said Rouhani shares with Obama a need to prove to a domestic audience that diplomacy can produce concrete results.

"If he can't show that his diplomatic approach will pay more dividends for Iran that Ahmadinejad's theatrics, then it's back to the conservatives being in the driver's seat. And the flexibility that Rouhani currently has will be lost," Parsi said.

As Rouhani considers re-engaging with the U.S., he's closely watching diplomatic developments in Syria, an Iranian ally.

A chemical weapons attack near Damascus in August brought the U.S. to the brink of a military strike. But an idea floated by Secretary of State John Kerry turned into a last-minute overture from Russia — another backer of Syrian President Bashar Assad — and resulted in a deal to turn Syria's chemical weapons stockpiles over to the international community.

The breakthrough was particularly unexpected given that Russia has thwarted U.S. efforts to punish Assad through the U.N. Security Council. When Obama was on the verge of launching a strike against Assad's regime, he said the U.N. had an "incapacity" to address Syria's violation of international agreements banning the deployment of deadly gases.

Now the U.S. once again sees a role for the Security Council. The U.S. wants the panel to approve a resolution making the U.S.-Russian agreement legally binding in a way that is verifiable and enforceable. But a key obstacle remains, given U.S. and Russian disagreement over whether to put the resolution under Chapter 7 of the U.N. Charter.

Chapter 7 deals with threats to international peace and security and has provisions for enforcement by military or nonmilitary means, such as sanctions. Russia is sure to veto a resolution that includes a mandate for military action.

The prospect of diplomacy in Iran and Syria has overshadowed tenuous progress in recent months in restarting direct talks between the Israelis and Palestinians. Talks resumed this summer after months of prodding by Kerry, but the prospect of a resolution on issues that have long had the Israelis and Palestinians at odds remain as slim as ever.

Palestinian leaders, frustrated by the stalemate, have taken their case in recent years to the United Nations, where there is broad support for their bid for statehood. While the U.S. supports Palestinian statehood, it says that status can only be achieved through direct negotiations with the Israelis.

That's put Obama in the awkward position of arguing against Palestinian efforts during his previous trips to the U.N. American opposition stymied Palestinian efforts to become full U.N. members in 2011, but the Palestinians succeeded in a bid to gain implicit statehood recognition last year.

The 2012 measure passed overwhelmingly, with the U.S. and just a handful of other nations voting no.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Obama-Diplomacy/2013/09/23/id/527171

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
The accolades of some of our former presidents compared to president Obama.

Jimmy Carter - Naval Officer Nuclear Engineer, large-scale farmer, Governor of Georga, Georgia Senator.

Ronald Reagan - Actor, radio broadcaster, US Army Officer, Two-Time Governor of California.

George H W Bush - WW2 Veteran, fighter pilot, Head of CIA, Vice President, CEO of major business conglomerates.

Bill Clinton - Rhodes Scholar, Governor of Arkansas

George W Bush - Fighter pilot, baseball team owner, oil company owner, Two-time Texas Governor

Barack Obama - community organizer.....and even his supporters aren't sure what he has done, where he has been, and what, if anything, he accomplished.

Obama.....incompetent, unqualified, and completely unremarkable.

Being a bit harsh on Obama aren't you......how about law professor, attorney, US Senator, Community Organizer, Nobel Peace Prize winner, and of course...44th President of the United States. 

And Bush wasn't no fucking fighter pilot because he never fought anyone.....no different than Ventura claiming to be a SEAL when he never even went to Vietnam ::)
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2013, 07:07:25 PM »

Being a bit harsh on Obama aren't you......how about law professor, attorney, US Senator, Community Organizer, Nobel Peace Prize winner, and of course...44th President of the United States. 

And Bush wasn't no fucking fighter pilot because he never fought anyone.....no different than Ventura claiming to be a SEAL when he never even went to Vietnam ::)

LMFAO!!!!     

Nobel Prize winner -  LOL!!!!! 

How about drug addicted ghetto thieving sludge who pandered to gay white wealthy libs to fleece them of $$$ and suckered gullible delusional blacks into thinking he was the messiah?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2013, 12:06:04 PM »
Obama’s Big Problem: He has no Credibility
by Keith Koffler on October 11, 2013

I want to let you know about a new article I have running in Politico today, Obama’s Crisis of Credibility. Obama has a more serious problem than people seem to recognize: He’s no longer viewed as a credible individual.

From the piece:

President Barack Obama is like a novice flier thrust into the cockpit of a 747. He’s pushing buttons, flipping switches and radioing air traffic control, but nothing’s happening. The plane is just slowly descending on its own, and while it may or may not crash, it at least doesn’t appear to be headed to any particularly useful destination.

Obama’s ineffectiveness, always a hallmark of his presidency, has reached a new cruising altitude this year . . .

Obama has something worse on his hands than being hated. All presidents get hated. But Obama is being ignored. And that’s because he has no credibility.

I hope you get a chance to look at the piece. And check out the comments too. Lots of them and pretty heated on both sides.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/10/11/obamas-big-problem-credibility/

The full piece on politico:  http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/obamas-crisis-of-credibility-98153.html?hp=r2

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2013, 09:53:37 AM »
CNN Anchor: Obama Administration Not Afraid to Threaten Jobs of Journalists Who Actually Do Their Job
Bubba Atkinson | On 28, Oct 2013

It’s not a good sign when the White House tries to stop the press from doing its job (via Newsbusters):

COSTELLO: And Will really does have a point. Because I felt it first hand when I was, you know, reporting on the presidential race. I mean President Obama’s people can be quite nasty. They don’t like you to say anything bad about their boss, and they’re not afraid to use whatever means they have at hand to stop you from doing that, including threatening your job.

As the Washington Post reported earlier, the Department of Justice spied on the Associated Press and Fox News reporter James Rosen. Maybe Obama’s favorable coverage is not all because of what a swell guy he is, after all…

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/90368-cnn-anchor-obama-administration-afraid-threaten-jobs-journalists-actually-job/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 03:26:51 PM »
Fox News Poll: Half think Obama 'knowingly lied' to pass health care law
Dana Blanton
By Dana Blanton
Published November 13, 2013
FoxNews.com

. . .

Perceptions of Obama’s leadership are also under water.  Forty percent rate his leadership skills positively (excellent or good).  On the other side, 60 percent rate him as only fair or poor.

Voters are three times as likely to view Obama’s leadership skills as poor (39 percent) compared to excellent (13 percent).

On health care specifically, more than half of voters lack confidence in the president’s leadership (56 percent), and most voters doubt the health care exchange website will be working by the new November 30 deadline (69 percent).

The poll also finds 63 percent think implementation of Obamacare should be delayed a year, up from 57 percent who felt that way a month ago.

Forty-four percent of Democrats want the law delayed until more details are ironed out.

The consensus among voters is their health plan hasn’t changed because of Obamacare (71 percent).  Among those seeing a change, they are much more likely to say it’s a change for the worse (21 percent) than the better (6 percent).

At the same time, the number saying they feel “worried” about their personal health care in the future is down a couple notches to 63 percent.  Sixty-six percent were worried six months ago (June 2013).  Some 27 percent feel “reassured” by Obamacare now.

Overall, 46 percent want to throw out the health care law and “start over,” while 42 percent say “keep trying to fix it” and another 10 percent say we should “leave it alone.”

. . . .

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/13/fox-news-poll-half-think-obama-knowingly-lied-to-pass-health-care-law/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2013, 09:11:53 AM »
He is right.  Good leaders know when to ask for (and accept) advice. 

Dr. Ben Carson: Obama Needed Advice From Insurance Experts
Friday, 15 Nov 2013
By Cathy Burke and Steve Malzberg

President Barack Obama can't be blamed for not understanding the insurance business, but he should be blamed for "not surrounding himself with people who do" as he tries to quick-fix his signature healthcare law, columnist Dr. Ben Carson said Friday.

In an exclusive interview with Newsmax TV at the Restoration Weekend gathering in Palm Beach, Fla., Carson said Obamacare has proven the president is more ideologue than leader — "and it's very difficult for people who are ideologues to accept that their ideology is wrong."

"You can't be an expert in every area, but you have to know what you don't know in order to be an effective leader," the retired neurosurgeon and conservative writer said. "To come out with the kind of statements that he made [promising that people would be able to keep their existing plans under Obamacare] indicates that no one around him is counseling him about the very basic things about this."

Carson said he has watched Obama go through "a metamorphosis where you begin believing that your way is the only right way, there is no other way that works, and if anybody doesn't believe that, it's only because they don't fully understand."

"And therefore you can't really wait until they understand — you have to impose it on them," he added.

But Carson said the current fix to Obamacare "is just playing politics," and urges a total rethinking of healthcare.

"For people to say that there are no ideas out there and this is only way to go, that is blatantly untrue," he said. "Our goals are to return healthcare to the practitioner and to the patient, and not have a third party making medical decisions for people, and finding an appropriate way to pay for it. That's what we want to do."

Carson said his plan for healthcare would be to bring "the whole medical system into the free market."

"That's what controls costs," he said. "Government doesn't control cost. That's what creates innovation. We have progressively taken things out of the free market and placed them in the government where they're inefficient, where they traditionally have been inefficient, where they will always be inefficient, because that's not what the government is for."

Carson said he's been traveling across the country to speak with Americans, but is not saying if he'd be ready to launch his own political campaign.

"The most important thing is to continue going around the country and waking people up and letting them know that they do have power and that they don't have to sit down and take this," he said. "We've got to bring courage and bravery back. Stop letting them beat you down."

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/ben-carson-obama-health-insurance/2013/11/15/id/536982?promo_code=F492-1&utm_source=Test_Newsmax_Feed&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1#ixzz2l1AzbVl2

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2013, 02:35:03 PM »
Good leaders don't use such petty language. 

Obama (Allegedly) Uses ‘Tea-Baggers’ in Handwritten Response to Texas Teacher; Only Center-Right Notices
By Tom Blumer | November 29, 2013

Readers here may remember during the presidency of George W. Bush how he reacted to a constituent's written concerns about how "I watched you make fun of moonbats" opposed to the Iraq war who were being "targeted and ridiculed." In a handwritten letter on White House stationery, Bush told the person that “I do have to challenge you, though, on the notion that any citizen that disagrees with me has been 'targeted and ridiculed' or that I have 'made fun' of 'moonbats.'"

Any reader who does recall this has a bad memory, because it didn't happen. But as the New York Post's Emily Smith reported on Wednesday, President Obama allegedly penned a worse response to a Texas teacher who expressed concern about how "any citizen that disagrees with your ­administration is targeted and ridiculed," and that "I watched you make fun of tea baggers." Obama handwrote the word "tea-baggers" in his response:

Again, though it appears quite real, it apparently remains "alleged" until the White House acknowledges that Obama actually wrote what is seen above — which of course begs the question of whether anyone in the press corps will bother to ask Jay Carney about its authenticity. Or perhaps the Texas teacher, who plans to auction off the letter, will consult a handwriting expert.

If it is indeed real — and the burden of proof is clearly on the White House to demonstrate otherwise — Mary Katharine Ham at Hot Air evaluated the possibilities on Wednesday (some line breaks added by me; bolds are mine):

A couple options, here:

- Obama carelessly used “tea-baggers” after reading it in Ritter’s letter and meant to use Tea Partiers.
- Obama deliberately used the term “tea-bagger” to annoy Ritter, in which case it was quite a lot of effort to sit down and give a “tea-bagger” the honor of a letter from the President of the United States.
- Or, and this is my theory, Obama is so thoroughly surrounded by people who refer to Tea Partiers as “tea-baggers” nonchalantly that it slipped out without him even thinking about it.

And, finally, no matter what the reason, the letter’s certainly emblematic of Obama’s utter inability to actually appeal to people who disagree with him despite fancying himself quite the bridge-builder.

The President of the United States, allegedly one of the smartest people to grace our country, sat down to write a hand-written letter to a political dissenter and used the most charged, rude, dirty term possible while claiming he’d never do anything but treat this “tea-bagger” with the utmost respect. His own lofty self-concept survives contact with all conflicting facts, even when they come from his own pen.

On the upside, “tea-bagger” has now been used by a president on presidential stationery. You’re welcome, George Washington. Love, 2013.
"Tea bagger" is a term coined by the Left during the early stages of the Tea Party movement, and is "a derogatory term leveled at Tea Party members which refers to a lewd sexual act."

The teacher's plans to auction Obama's written response would appear to lend credence to his claim that the response is authentic. Imagine the wrath which would rain down on him from government agencies if he tried to auction off a fake (he's probably in line to get his fill just for publicizing Obama's response).

Google News searches at 10:00 a.m. on "Obama teabaggers" and "Obama tea-baggers" (each not in quotes and sorted by date) each returned 10 results, none of which came from establishment press outlets.

Is there any chance at all that my made-up "moonbat" example from George W. Bush would have been similarly ignored if it had really occurred?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2013/11/29/obama-allegedly-uses-tea-baggers-handwritten-response-texas-teacher-only#ixzz2m4oVx6GP

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2013, 04:38:46 PM »
What a petchulant child

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2013, 09:29:33 AM »
I doubt it too.

Healthcare.gov a Teaching Moment for Obama?
by KEITH KOFFLER on DECEMBER 2, 2013

I doubt it. This president’s capacity to learn and grow in office seems quite limited.

But it was a bit of a revelation when President Obama said the other day that the reason his campaign website worked so well but Healthcare.gov does not is that when it comes to building a campaign website, “I’m not constrained by a bunch of federal procurement rules.”

So dismissive. Almost sounded like he’s talking about Republicans.

The RNC made a pretty effective propaganda video out of it.

This reminded me of when the late George McGovern discovered, some 16 years after carrying the liberal banner unsuccessfully in 1972 against Richard Nixon, that Republicans might not be all wrong.

See, after losing his Senate seat, McGOVERN ACTUALLY TRIED TO START A BUSINESS. Some of you may remember this. And after it failed, he blamed some of the red tape he himself had helped create and the litigousness Democrats love to promote.

Eating a piece of humble pie that surely will never make it to Obama’s table, McGovern wrote about his experience:

Calvin Coolidge was too simplistic when he observed that “the business of America is business.” But like most sweeping political statements, even Coolidge’s contains some truth — enough, as I’ve learned, to make me wish I had known more firsthand about the concerns and problems of American businesspeople while I was a U.S. senator and later a presidential nominee. That knowledge would have made me a better legislator and a more worthy aspirant to the White House.

In 1988 I yielded to a longtime desire to own an inn with conference facilities, where I could provide good food, comfortable rooms, and lively public discussion sessions.

After two and a half years that mixed pleasure and satisfaction with the loss of all my earnings from nearly a decade of post-Senate lecture tours, I gave up on the Stratford Inn. But not before learning some painful and valuable lessons.

I learned first of all that over the past 20 years America has become the most litigious society in the world. There was a time not so long ago when a lawsuit was considered a rare and extreme measure, to be resorted to only under the most critical circumstances. But today Americans sue one another at the drop of a hat — almost on the spur of the moment.

As the owner of the Stratford Inn, I was on the receiving end of a couple of lawsuits that fit that description.

The second lesson I learned by owning the Stratford Inn is that legislators and government regulators must more carefully consider the economic and management burdens we have been imposing on U.S. business.

As an innkeeper, I wanted excellent safeguards against a fire. But I was startled to be told that our two-story structure, which had large sliding doors opening from every guest room to all-concrete decks, required us to meet fire regulations more appropriate to the Waldorf-Astoria. A costly automatic sprinkler system and new exit doors were items that helped sink the Stratford Inn — items I was convinced added little to the safety of our guests and employees. And a critical promotional campaign never got off the ground, partly because my manager was forced to concentrate for days at a time on needlessly complicated tax forms for both the IRS and the state of Connecticut.

Unlike McGovern, if Obama ever does learn any such lessons, it will be too late. He made it to the Oval Office, and will have already done his damage to small business and the middle class.

Anyway, Obama’s not really the type to start a business. I mean, he’d have to get up early, skip a lot of golf, and make things that are useful to people. It’s just not like government work.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/12/02/healthcaregov-teaching-moment-obama/