Author Topic: Obama's Leadership  (Read 66067 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Obama's Leadership
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2014, 05:24:57 PM »
Zogby: Most Don't Believe Obama Can Lead
Wednesday, 02 Jul 2014
By Lisa Degnen

Pollster John Zogby says President Obama is "not only racing for his legacy but for his relevancy."

A report in the Washington Examiner says that those who are most disappointed in Obama are Republicans, conservatives, whites and a majority of people over 50 years old. The poll finds that the President's support has also dropped among men and women in general. His support among liberals dropped 7 points, with Hispanics he is down 6 points and among African Americans he has dropped 10 points. And almost half of all voters think Obama is "unable to lead."

"Mr. Obama finds himself in the uncomfortable position where every age group, independents, and whites all agree that the public has given up on his ability to accomplish anything before the end of his term," The Examiner quoted Zogby as saying. "In short, we see a president in full salvage mode."

The good news for the White House is that the American public has an even lower opinion of Congress according to the report.

The Zogby findings come on the heels of a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday that said Obama is considered the worst US President since World War II.

According to the Washington Examiner, continued scandals like the Benghazi attacks, mismanagement at the VA, the Internal Revenue Service conceding they targeted of conservative groups and the trade of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for five Taliban officers have all contributed to Obama being ranked lower than George W. Bush, Richard Nixon, and Jimmy Carter.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/worst-president-obama-zogby/2014/07/02/id/580606#ixzz36MML165S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2014, 04:55:12 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2014, 06:26:26 AM »
The BBQ joint where NO ONE cuts the line... except Obama: Controversy as President becomes the
UK Daily Mail ^ | July 11, 2014 | Staff
Posted on July 11, 2014 at 9:20:16 AM EDT by C19fan

Barack Obama may have lost a few approval rating points with this move. The president was seen cutting the line at Austin's Franklin Barbecue Thursday afternoon, while in town to raise money for the Democratic Party. Lives at the eatery are infamously long, and have been known to stretch as long as three hours wait.But Mr Obama did no waiting today, as he showed up at the restaurant, shook a few hands and made his way straight to the register to order more than $300 worth of meat. 'I know this is a long line. I feel real bad, but – I’m gonna cut' Obama said. Even restaurant owner Aaron Franklin said the move was unheard of. 'That's out thing, no one skips the line...except Obama,' Mr Franklin told the Statesman.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2014, 08:58:42 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »
I no longer talk to Obama: Turkey's Erdogan

Istanbul (AFP) - Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said he has stopped talking to US President Barack Obama on the phone, amid growing strains between Ankara and Washington over Syria and the Gaza conflict.

Turkey, a fierce opponent of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and an open supporter of armed rebel fighters, felt betrayed when the United States backed away from military action against Damascus in September.

"In the past, I was calling him (Obama) directly. Because I can't get the expected results on Syria, our foreign ministers are now talking to each other," Erdogan said in a live interview on pro-government ATV channel late Monday.

"And I have talked to (US Vice President Joe) Biden. He calls me and I call him.

"I expect justice in this process. I couldn't imagine something like this from those who are championing justice," Erdogan added without elaborating, in an apparent jibe at Washington.

The last phone conversation between the two leaders took place on February 20 after which the White House released a statement accusing Erdogan of misrepresenting the content of the conversation.

A staunch advocate of the Palestinian cause, Erdogan has recently been at loggerheads with Washington over Israel's offensive in the besieged Gaza Strip that has killed more than 580 Palestinians in two weeks.

Erdogan accused the Jewish state of carrying out "state terrorism" and a "genocide" of Palestinians and criticised the United States for defending Israel's "disproportionate" tactics.

The US State Department branded his comments on Israel "offensive and wrong" but the prime minister hit back by saying the United States needed to engage in "self-criticism".

Erdogan is standing in August 10 presidential elections that he is expected to win, with analysts awaiting a more assertive foreign policy from Ankara if he becomes head of state.

http://guy-talk-obama-turkeys-erdogan-100909241.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2014, 09:01:26 AM »
Is this good leadership?

Obama sets out on Dem fundraising sprint amid mounting crises
Published July 23, 2014
FoxNews.com

President Obama began his three-day West Coast fundraising tour in Seattle with an admission that mushrooming global crises were adding anxiety to an American public already concerned about the economy.

"Part of people's concern is just the sense that around the world the old order isn't holding and we're not quite yet where we need to be based on the new order," said Obama, who later cautioned against letting those anxieties lead to cynicism and a lack of interest in democracy.

"People who really need government to work for them on their behalf, they withdraw, they opt out, and that makes government even more dysfunctional," he said.

The president already has taken heat for making time for a burger stop and fundraisers last week shortly after Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was downed over Ukraine, killing hundreds. While the president repeatedly has addressed the tragedy in public, he also spent his Sunday playing golf at Fort Belvoir.

Later Tuesday, Obama will attend a Democratic Party fundraiser in Seattle, before catching Air Force One to San Francisco. He'll end the three-day swing later this week in Los Angeles.

The White House has defended the president's busy political schedule, which the president's team largely has not changed in response to world events.

"What the president is looking at and what his team is looking at is, does he have what he needs to do his job?" White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters on Monday, in response to questions about the president's fundraising.

Asked about Obama's fundraising last week in New York, Earnest said it was not a mistake and noted that the president made calls to the leaders of Ukraine and Malaysia amid the Flight 17 tragedy.

"When the president travels, he travels with an array of staff and advisers and communications equipment that allows him to do his job from wherever he happens to be," Earnest said. "And if it becomes clear that there's a need for him to come back to the White House in order to fulfill those functions, then we'll make a change in his schedule. Right now, it's not apparent that that's the case."

But Republican critics have questioned the president's stay-the-course strategy on fundraisers.

In response to the White House defense of its own itinerary, the Republican National Committee tweeted: "The White House still feels Obama's choice of burgers & fundraisers over responding to crises was the right one."

Aside from the Malaysia Airlines tragedy and deliberations over how to respond to the suspected Russian connection, the administration continues to grapple with the surge of illegal immigrant minors along the U.S.-Texas border, and with the mounting death toll in the war between Israelis and Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

After Texas Gov. Rick Perry announced the deployment of National Guard personnel to the border in his state to deal with the surge, Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, ribbed the president for his schedule.

"The fact is if the president weren't so busy playing golf or pool, he would know the integration has been happening," Gohmert told Fox News, referring to collaboration along the border between various Border Patrol and security officials.

Obama did abandon one idea for the trip, however. The White House had been in touch with late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel about a presidential appearance on his show during the stop in Los Angeles, but is not going forward.

"We elected not to do it this time, but hope we can arrange to do it in the near future," a White House official said.

But on the fundraising trail, Obama remains a potent draw among the Democratic Party's wealthy donors, who pay up to $32,400 to be in intimate settings with the president.

The fundraising highlight of the trip will be a Democratic National Committee event Wednesday at the Beverly Hills home of Shonda Rhimes, the producer of the ABC series "Scandal," a drama set in modern-day Washington. Kerry Washington, who plays the lead role in the show, is among the hosts.

So far this 2013-14 election cycle, Obama has attended 73 fundraising events for Democratic Party groups. During the 2009-10 midterm cycle, when Republicans won control of the House, Obama attended 98 fundraisers, according to CBS News White House reporter Mark Knoller, who keeps detailed records of presidential travels and events.

Obama has outpaced his predecessor in fundraising, having attended 395 fundraisers during his presidency as of this week. According to Knoller's statistics, then-President George W. Bush had attended 217 at the same point in his second term.

The 395 is more than Bush attended during his entire presidency.

Obama has devoted much of his effort to the Democratic National Committee, which last month raised $9 million and cut its debt to $3 million from a one-time high of $23 million. Obama also will raise money for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the political arm of the party that assists Democratic House incumbents and candidates.

While the House is expected to remain in Republican hands after the election, the fate of the Democratic-controlled Senate is much more in question, raising the stakes for fundraising.

Obama has at least one bit of policy-driven business set aside for the trip. In Los Angeles on Thursday he plans to go to a community college to draw attention to jobs training, particularly for work requiring specialized skills, like health care.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/23/obama-sets-out-on-dem-fundraising-sprint-amid-mounting-crises/?intcmp=latestnews

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »
Krauthammer: The Vacant Presidency
The world is aflame and our leader is on the 14th green.
By Charles Krauthammer, The National Review

The president’s demeanor is worrying a lot of people. From the immigration crisis on the Mexican border to the Islamic State rising in Mesopotamia, Barack Obama seems totally detached. When he does interrupt his endless rounds of golf, fundraising, and photo ops, it’s for some affectless, mechanical, almost forced public statement.

Regarding Ukraine, his detachment — the rote, impassive voice — borders on dissociation. His U.N. ambassador, Samantha Power, delivers an impassioned denunciation of Russia. Obama cautions that we not “get out ahead of the facts,” as if the facts of this case — Vladimir Putin’s proxies’ shooting down a civilian airliner — are in doubt.

The preferred explanation for the president’s detachment is psychological. He’s checked out. Given up. Let down and disappointed by the world, he is in withdrawal.

Perhaps. But I’d propose an alternate theory that gives him more credit: Obama’s passivity stems from an idea. When Obama says Putin has placed himself on the wrong side of history in Ukraine, he actually believes it. He disdains realpolitik because he believes that, in the end, such primitive 19th-century notions as conquest are self-defeating. History sees to their defeat.

“The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice” is one of Obama’s favorite sayings. Ultimately, injustice and aggression don’t pay. The Soviets saw their 20th-century empire dissolve. More proximally, U.S. gains in Iraq and Afghanistan were, in time, liquidated. Ozymandias lies forever buried and forgotten in desert sands.

Remember when, at the beginning of the Ukraine crisis, Obama tried to construct for Putin “an off-ramp” from Crimea? Absurd as this idea was, I think Obama was sincere. He actually imagined that he’d be saving Putin from himself, that Crimea could only redound against Russia in the long run.

If you really believe this, then there is no need for forceful, potentially risky U.S. counteractions. Which explains everything since: Obama’s pinprick sanctions; his failure to rally a craven Europe; his refusal to supply Ukraine with the weapons it has been begging for.

The shooting down of a civilian airliner seemed to validate Obama’s passivity. “Violence and conflict inevitably lead to unforeseen consequences,” explained Obama. See. You play with fire, it will blow up in your face. Just as I warned. Now world opinion will turn against Putin.

To which I say: So what? World opinion, by itself, is useless: malleable, ephemeral and, unless mobilized by leadership, powerless. History doesn’t act autonomously. It needs agency.

Germany’s Angela Merkel still doesn’t want to jeopardize trade with Russia. France’s François Hollande will proceed with delivery of a Mistral-class helicopter carrier to Russia. And Obama speaks of future “costs” if Russia persists — a broken record since Crimea, carrying zero credibility.

Or did Obama think Putin would be shamed into regret and restraint by the blood of 298 innocents? On the contrary. Putin’s response has been brazen defiance: denying everything and unleashing a massive campaign of lies, fabrications, and conspiracy theories blaming Ukraine and the U.S.

Putin doesn’t give a damn about world opinion. He cares about domestic opinion, which has soared to more than 80 percent approval since Crimea. If anything, he’s been emboldened. On Wednesday, his proxies shot down two more jets — a finger to the world and a declaration that his campaign continues.

A real U.S. president would give Kiev the weapons it needs, impose devastating sectoral sanctions on Moscow, reinstate our Central European missile-defense system, and make a Reaganesque speech explaining why.

Obama has done none of these things.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/07/25/krauthammer-vacant-presidency

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2014, 09:12:04 AM »
Aren't you liberals embarrassed to have this woman leading your party? 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2014, 09:21:56 AM »
Aren't you liberals embarrassed to have this woman leading your party? 

What does this question have to do with the vid you've posted? 

Is it because Crowley wants to talk about how things are being perceived by the public ("optics") and Pelosi is responding by talking about what is being done instead of how things look?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2014, 09:37:37 AM »
What does this question have to do with the vid you've posted? 

Is it because Crowley wants to talk about how things are being perceived by the public ("optics") and Pelosi is responding by talking about what is being done instead of how things look?

Nancy Pelosi is a space cadet.  This is one in a long line of statements that shows she is among the worst partisan ideologues in the country. 

Saying Obama's leadership is strong is pathetic.  You should be embarrassed that she leads your party.  Is there a dumber one-two combination in politics than Harry Reid and Pelosi?  I doubt it.   :-[

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2014, 10:00:19 AM »
Nancy Pelosi is a space cadet.  This is one in a long line of statements that shows she is among the worst partisan ideologues in the country. 

Saying Obama's leadership is strong is pathetic.  

LOL.  She is old and often does give the impression that she's half-buzzed on some kind of prescription medication, it's true.  This ain't so uncommon among older politicians and old people in general, though.  

LOL at your naive "partisan ideologue" comment.  Consider me not shocked that the leader of any party is going to refrain from dissing their own party.  (Just because Pelosi isn't engaging Crowley on the subject of "optics" doesn't mean she isn't familiar with the subject - I think that she's completely aware of what the optics would be like if she were to diss the president's leadership on camera, don't you?)

You should be embarrassed that she leads your party.  Is there a dumber one-two combination in politics than Harry Reid and Pelosi?  I doubt it.   :-[

If the prominent folks in other parties were any better, I might be embarrassed but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Honestly, the fact that this congress has done very little work bothers me much more than any "rah rah for my party" statements that those on either side might make.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2014, 11:52:42 AM »
LOL.  She is old and often does give the impression that she's half-buzzed on some kind of prescription medication, it's true.  This ain't so uncommon among older politicians and old people in general, though.  

LOL at your naive "partisan ideologue" comment.  Consider me not shocked that the leader of any party is going to refrain from dissing their own party.  (Just because Pelosi isn't engaging Crowley on the subject of "optics" doesn't mean she isn't familiar with the subject - I think that she's completely aware of what the optics would be like if she were to diss the president's leadership on camera, don't you?)

If the prominent folks in other parties were any better, I might be embarrassed but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Honestly, the fact that this congress has done very little work bothers me much more than any "rah rah for my party" statements that those on either side might make.

Does not surprise me one bit that you are not embarrassed by Reid or Pelosi.  You're from the same ilk. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2014, 12:10:05 PM »
Does not surprise me one bit that you are not embarrassed by Reid or Pelosi.  You're from the same ilk. 

Whateva, out-of-touch guy.  Frankly, you have a lot of goofy old-fashioned opinions about a lot of things so worrying about what you think seems pointless.

BTW, I'm pretty sure you're using the wrong preposition in your last sentence;  It's "of the same ilk" not "from the same ilk". 
If you're gonna use old-fashioned terms, ya might as well get it right, don't you think?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »
Whateva, out-of-touch guy.  Frankly, you have a lot of goofy old-fashioned opinions about a lot of things so worrying about what you think seems pointless.

BTW, I'm pretty sure you're using the wrong preposition in your last sentence;  It's "of the same ilk" not "from the same ilk". 
If you're gonna use old-fashioned terms, ya might as well get it right, don't you think?

lol.  You do an awful lot of projecting.  And you're one of those dishonest liberals.  But I'm used to your ilk. 

And listen grammar Nazi, I don't give a rip about my spelling, punctuation, or word usage on this board. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2014, 12:33:03 PM »
lol.  You do an awful lot of projecting.  And you're one of those dishonest liberals.  But I'm used to your ilk. 

And listen grammar Nazi, I don't give a rip about my spelling, punctuation, or word usage on this board. 

Ok, you've piqued my curiosity:  In your book, what's a dishonest liberal vs an honest one?  Is this like one of those deals where you criticize other conservatives for not being conservative enough?

Regarding your excuse for your minor mistake using the word "ilk", it's been apparent to me for a while that accuracy is not important to you.  You're much more into "truthiness". 

BTW, LOL at you slipping "word usage" into your list of things only a "grammar Nazi" would care about.  Amusing and pathetic, lol. ;D :'(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2014, 12:42:57 PM »
Ok, you've piqued my curiosity:  In your book, what's a dishonest liberal vs an honest one?  Is this like one of those deals where you criticize other conservatives for not being conservative enough?

Regarding your excuse for your minor mistake using the word "ilk", it's been apparent to me for a while that accuracy is not important to you.  You're much more into "truthiness". 

BTW, LOL at you slipping "word usage" into your list of things only a "grammar Nazi" would care about.  Amusing and pathetic, lol. ;D :'(

You don't know what dishonest means?  Perhaps that's why you are dishonest.  It means not telling the truth.  For example, tt's attributing words to people that they never said.  It's claiming to read something you have never read.  I am so embarrassed for you.   :-[

It is apparent to me that you have too much time on your hands, get immersed in minutiae, and have trouble focusing on simple issues.  But that's ok too.  Nobody is perfect.  But you should give an effort to stay on topic.  It's not that hard.  Well, maybe for you.   :-\ 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #169 on: July 28, 2014, 03:27:26 PM »
You don't know what dishonest means?  Perhaps that's why you are dishonest.  It means not telling the truth.  For example, tt's attributing words to people that they never said.  It's claiming to read something you have never read.  I am so embarrassed for you.   :-[

It is apparent to me that you have too much time on your hands, get immersed in minutiae, and have trouble focusing on simple issues.  But that's ok too.  Nobody is perfect.  But you should give an effort to stay on topic.  It's not that hard.  Well, maybe for you.   :-\ 

Holy reading comprehension, batman.  Did I ask for the meaning of the word "dishonest"?  No, I asked for YOUR meaning of the term "dishonest liberal".  Reasonably, I thought that it might be a semi-slang term I hadn't come across which has some sort of special meaning.  Because I wasn't sure, I asked.  (Uh-oh, I forgot that to ask means that I'm putting words in your mouth, right? lol)

Now I know that you recently disavowed any respect for the meanings of words and their usage, but I'm thinking that you're acquainted enough with language usage to know that sometimes a term made up of two common words will be coined that means something that isn't so obvious from the meanings of each of the two words by themselves.  Examples of such two-word terms are easy to think of if you combine 2 adjectives ("bad ass", for example) but also not unheard of when using an adjective + a noun (like "dishonest liberal") if you think for a minute.  "Tall tale" would be an example.  Sorry if I'm boring you -- you 'Murikan types who only talk a big game about being patriots often don't have much patience for language talk (especially when it comes to foreign languages.)

And why are you disparaging me for not staying on topic?  I tried.  Didn't I point out that you thinking that a political party leader spouting the party line (about a fellow politician's "leadership" -- and what a subjective term that is) was in no way remarkable?  What would have been newsworthy would have been for Pelosi to say the opposite.  

In response, all you did was reiterate that you thought it was terrible and then you tried to make it personal by saying you think I'm terrible, too.  You are weak as water sometimes, BB.

IMO, you're just a crabby old guy who should be locked up in a room with John McCain while the two of you are kept awake for 48 hours by rap music and video of screaming kids running across your lawns.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2014, 03:49:55 PM »
^^^ Did not read.  Small bites if you want a response. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2014, 03:56:34 PM »
^^^ Did not read.  Small bites if you want a response. 

Really?  Why is that?  Narcolepsy, ADD, porn addiction, that short-term memory condition like that of the guy from Memento or what?

Whatever your affliction, that seems pretty debilitating and you have my sympathy.

Hey, don't forget your helmet if you're gonna be walking around outside later, ok?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2014, 03:58:06 PM »
Really?  Why is that?  Narcolepsy, ADD, porn addiction, that short-term memory condition like that of the guy from Memento or what?

Whatever your affliction, that seems pretty debilitating and you have my sympathy.

Hey, don't forget your helmet if you're gonna be walking around outside later, ok?

Suit yourself.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: August 19, 2014, 10:33:20 AM »
Its amazing to me how Obama is frittering away his presidency on such bs